If We're Meant to Be, We Are

Genie for your Wish

 

 

Yoona: "what did you say??" Everyone was shocked knowing that Donghae wants to marry Yoona. Aren't they a little young for that?

Donghae: "you heard me...I want you to marry me if you really want me to live"

Yoona: "is this a black mail?? Are you trying to put your life as your hostage so that I have no choice but to marry you?? And besides, we're just 18"

Donghae: "noona, 18 is already a legal age for two people to get married, right?"

Sunny: "that's......already possible" Minho finally stands up from his seat. He thinks that what Donghae wants is already out of the line. Marriage is not just a simple thing, it's a commitment.

Yoona: "but.....I don't love you"

Donghae: "love is not a must in a marriage, Yoona. I can make this work, for both of us"

Jessica: "Yoona, just say yes...please"

Yoona: "Jessica, are you just going to let that happen?"

Yoona knows that Jessica will be very hurt once she accepts Donghae's proposal.

Jessica: "as long as he will live" Jessica goes out of the room with tears flowing in her cheeks. Her blonde hair flips as she runs away to the rest room outside the room. Yoona is startled to hear the door being slammed by its own.

Minho: "Yoona, let's talk outside"

Yoona: "now?"

Minho walks towards Yoona.

Minho: "can you excuse us for a second?"

Minho grabs her hand and drags her out of the room.

When Donghae saw the move that Minho made, he started thinking something else. Like there's something between Yoona and Minho. Don't tell me.....he's the guy that Yoona is talking about. It becomes silent again in Donghae's room as they wait for the people that left a while ago. Yoona is facing a hard decision making. How did Donghae turn out to be this way? This isn't like him. Is he that desperate to make Yoona his own?

 

Minho and Yoona are walking so fast and Yoona tries to let go from Minho's strong grip. Yoona feels different because it looks like Minho is mad. Minho slowly stops walking and he removes his hand from her wrist. Yoona is behind Minho's back and he is not turning around to face her. Minho is not yet saying anything because he's still building up some strength to say what Yoona should do.

Minho: "Marry him, Yoona"

Yoona: "Minho....no, not you too"

Minho: "this is for the good. It's the best for all of us. Trust me. You have to marry him"

Yoona: "no.. Minho, I know that there's still a way that we can convince him"

Minho: "there's no other way because you're the only way" Minho's eyes are turning red, little by little as tears are forming in his eyes. He clenches his fist trying to stop a tear to flow or drop.

Yoona: "what about you?" Yoona tearfully said.

Minho: "I'm not the one who's dying here" But Minho knows that the pain he will feel can almost kill him.

Yoona: "what about us?"

Minho: "we're talking about life here. A life is at risk if the two of us will still be together so I guess, there will be no 'us' for the meantime"

Yoona feels like she's losing all of her strength to still stand up.

Yoona: "I will never let that happen" 

Yoona runs away from Minho and her tears are being slipped away by the wind. Minho has no plan of following Yoona because he knows that Yoona just needs time to think about it and he knows, she won't listen to whatever he will say, for now. He goes back at the hospital and enters Donghae's room looking slouchy and weak.

Minho: "she.....ran away"

Sunny: "Donghae, you shouldn't have told her that"

Donghae: "I just love her, noona and because I love her, I want her to be mine. Though you may think that what I'm doing is wrong, I don't care about that"

Jonghyun: "aish..Donghae, you're like a joke to me now" Jonghyun shakes his head

Sunny: "Lee Donghae, you really disappointed me this time"

Donghae: "I'm sorry for that, noona because you don't understand me. No one, understands me"

Minho: "But I do. I know what you feel" Minho can relate to what Donghae feels. When he was still a genie, he also wanted to be with Yoona, no matter how it will happen. Whether it's right or wrong.

Donghae: "be honest to me, who are you to Yoona and who are you to her?"

Minho: "I swear, I'm nothing special to her. I'm just her friend. Her best friend when we were kids, nothing.....else" Minho said the last 2 words clearly. He doesn't want Donghae to think maliciously about him and Yoona because he knows that Donghae is having a doubt if they really are just friends.

Donghae: "where's Yoona?"

Minho: "I don't know"

Donghae: "you dragged her out of the room lately and you don't know?"

Minho: "do you think it's easy for her to decide if she will marry you or not??"

Jonghyun: "I really feel bad for Yoona right now"

Sunny: "me too. This guy here is really desperate"

Minho: "noona, when is the possible date for Donghae's surgery"

Sunny: "3 days after this day"

Minho: "I think that's enough time. Is it okay if a little earlier than that?"

Sunny: "I guess so"

Jonghyun: "dude, what's your name??"

Minho: "Minho"

Jonghyun: "so, you think she will really marry Donghae?" Jonghyun only mouthed the words

Minho nods.

Minho: "I'll try talking to Yoona when I got home"

Sunny: "thank you, Minho. Wait..what?? When you got home? You live on the same roof?" Minho gasps.

Minho: "uhm...ah...Yoona's parents are out of the country so, they told me to stay at their home to watch for her and my parents decided to transfer me to that school to save money for the house so, we live on the same roof"

Jonghyun: "what's wrong with that?? They're parents are friends. By the way, Jessica is not yet back" Sunny glares at Donghae then Donghae just looks away.

 

Minho: "Yoona, please open the door" Minho knocks repeatedly at Yoona's door while he's sitting on a chair that he placed near Yoona's door. Yoona is not answering. She is inside her blanket and is covering her ears. She hasn't eaten yet and that's what Minho is worrying. He knows how Yoona's mind works, even if she's hungry, she will never leave her room, no matter what. Minho stays there and Yoona is not letting him in for 2 straight nights. When Minho visits the hospital, Yoona goes to school. She knows that Minho will never think of going to school because Minho is a concerned type of guy. He cares for people, no matter who they are and sometimes, more than his self.

Hyoyeon: "I don't see Minho clinging around you these days" Yoona and Minho are sitting at the bench outside the building of their school facing the grass plains. It's very windy so their hair are being carried away but they still look beautiful.

Yoona: "he better not be"

Hyoyeon: "did you have a quarrel?"

Yoona: "let's not talk about it, please"

Hyoyeon keeps shut. It becomes obvious for Hyoyeon that Yoona and Minho might have experienced a quarrel between them. Well, that's normal. Since Yoona is really serious, Hyoyeon tries to tease Yoona. She puts the earphones to her ears and plays Tell Me Your Wish by So Nyuh Shi Dae

Hyoyeon: "sowoneul malhaebwa, I'm genie for you boy. Sowoneul malhaebwa, I'm genie for you wish......" Hyoyeon glances at Yoona who is already staring at her dangerously.

Yoona: "yah!! Kim Hyoyeon!! Are you trying to piss me off?" Yoona yelled. Hyoyeon's earphones voluntarily falls off from her ears. They must have been afraid when Yoona yelled.

Hyoyeon: "I was just listening to Genie. That line was so catchy so I sing with it" Hyoyeon doubtly said

Yoona: "of all the songs??"

Hyoyeon: "I'm sorry" Yoona stands up from the bench and when she turns around, she sees Minho, standing and his one hand is inside his pocket.

Yoona: "how did you...." Yoona looks back at Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon: "he forced me to tell him and I think I should leave" Hyoyeon grabs her bag and flees. When she's out of their sight, Minho slowly walks towards Yoona. His hair is a little messy but still looks handsome. He is showing his flaming charisma to Yoona and is trying to distract herself by looking around the place.

Minho: "aish...Im Yoona. Do you know how much I missed you?"

Yoona: "whatever"

Minho: "I guess you're already ready to listen to me again. You're not running away"

Yoona: "I'm not running away because I missed you too"

Minho: "hmm... I don't think you did"

Yoona: "I missed you, okay?"

Minho: "do you love me, Yoona?"

Yoona: "I do"

Minho: "come over here" Yoona walks towards Minho, acting all shy. Minho pulls her towards his body and hugs her so tight. Yoona also hugs him back. They really missed each other.

Yoona: "I missed you"

Minho: "marry him, Yoona. If we love each other, fate will make a way for us to be together again. I know that" Minho can feel the tears coming from Yoona's eyes that are dropping in his shirt.

Yoona: "is that what you want?" Minho closes his eyes and nods.

Minho: "but I promise......I will always.......stay.....by your side......no.....matter....how it......hurts" Minho breaks the hugs and touches her face. He tucks Yoona's hair behind her ears and smiles at her. He wipes her rosy cheeks filled with tears and he gently kisses her forehead then her lips.

 

Minho and Yoona arrives at the hospital right after Yoona finished her classes. When they get inside the room, the same people there.

Sunny: "Yoona..." 

Almost everyone said the same thing.

Donghae: "You're here"

Jessica: "have you made your decision now??"

Yoona: "I'll marry Lee Donghae"