Love Made Me Numb

Genie for your Wish

 

 

It becomes so silent like an angel came passing by.

Sunny: "you will marry Donghae? Are you really going to do it?"

Yoona: "I just want to remind you, Donghae. I'm doing this for you to proceed with the operation, nothing else" From the way she talks, she looks like she's forced to make the decision.

Donghae: "Thank you, Yoona" It is obvious in Donghae's smile that he's really happy about Yoona's decision.

Yoona: "don't say thank you to me. Say thank you for all the people that cares for you. By the way, we can't get married because my parents are not yet here. I don't even think they will believe if I'll tell them. I want us to get married after you've been operated and when my parents has finally came back"

Donghae: "there's no backing out, Yoona"

Yoona: "don't worry, I won't back out"

 

Yoona sees Jessica sitting at the bench outside Donghae's room. It must've been hard for her to know that Donghae will be married to Yoona.

Yoona: "hey" She sits with her.

Jessica: "hey"

Yoona: "I'm sorry, Jessica"

Jessica: "I don't mind"

Yoona: "even I, I don't want this to happen"

Jessica: "I know that it's harder on your side. You have to leave the guy that you love so much in order for someone to go on with his life"

Yoona: "I don't mind about the pain that it will cause to me but what I'm worried about is, Minho. Maybe he can't live by his own without me"

Jessica: "what do you mean??"

Yoona: "it's better that you don't know. You might get yourself confused"

Jessica: "Yoona, I'm glad that we're friends again"

Yoona: "me too"

 

Donghae: "so, the stupid tumor in my head will be gone starting tomorrow" Everyone is still inside the room even though it's already 8 in the evening. They really show their concern to Donghae.

Sunny: "you better get yourself ready"

Donghae: "Yoona, please come over here" Yoona is just bowing her head down while sitting next to Minho. She has lots of thought that are filled inside her brain right now. It's like she didn't hear Donghae calling her.

Minho: "Yoona, Donghae told you to come over there" Minho elbows Yoona.

Yoona: "huh??"

Minho: "Donghae is calling you"

Yoona: "uhm...okay" Yoona stands up from her seat and sits on the chair beside Donghae's bed.

Donghae: "give me your left hand"

Yoona: "why?"

Donghae: "I have something to give to you"

Yoona looks at Minho who is telling her to give her hand to him so she places her hand on his chest.

Donghae: "this ring is a hand down. My mom gave it to me when she was still alive. She told me that I should give this to the woman that I love so I'm giving it to you"

Donghae removes the plain white gold ring from his right pointing finger and tries to put it on Yoona's left ring finger but she insists.

Yoona: "I can't accept that"

Donghae: "we will be married, Yoona. It's a sign that we're engaged"

Yoona looks at Minho again, telling her to accept the ring.

Yoona: "fine, do what you want" Yoona finally lets Donghae wear the ring to her.

Donghae: "It's really beautiful in you" Though the ring is simple, it adds lits of brightness to Yoona's goddess hands.

Yoona: "what about......you?"

 Donghae is holding Yoona's hand after he wore the ring.

Donghae: "I thought you'd never ask. I already bought one. I asked noona to buy it for me"

Yoona: "I see"

Donghae: "you're not going home??"

Yoona: "I promised that I won't leave tonight"

Donghae: "can I ask a favor before I will go to sleep??"

Yoona: "su...sure"

Donghae: "kiss me"

Yoona gasps. That's a little too much for Donghae to ask that. They are all shock that Donghae asked that from her.

Jonghyun: "don't be abusive, Donghae" Sunny taps him, telling him to just let him.

When Yoona glances at Minho, she sees him saying 'just kiss him'. She looks back at Donghae and moves her body closer to him. She kisses his lips but she's not closing her eyes nor meeting with his eyes. Jessica just looks away when they are kissing but not Minho. Then, Yoona breaks it immediately.

Yoona: "good......night"

Donghae: "I love you"

Yoona just sits back and waits for him to fall asleep. Jonghyun takes Jessica home leaving Minho, Yoona and Sunny to look out for Donghae. Donghae is already asleep after half hour.

Sunny: "you can go now, Yoona"

Yoona: "don't worry, unnie. I won't go home"

Sunny: "I know. What I mean to say is, I can take it from here. You can go outside if you want to take a walk"

Yoona: "okay. Thanks, unnie"

Yoona leaves Donghae's room, still feeling intimidated when she kissed Donghae. She goes inside the elevator and stands there as she waits for the door to open. She gets inside and presses 9th floor, the last floor of the hospital. When she reached there, she use the stairs going to the rooftop. There is nothing on the rooftop but just a plain cement ground. Though it's just like that, the view up there is priceless. Yoona can see a huge grass land and the very wide ocean surrounding the place. It's not that windy so Yoona can really enjoy watching the view. She stretched her arms and body then she noticed the shiny ring that Donghae gave to her. She observes it and lots of things are getting inside her mind.

Minho: "is it a beautiful ring?"

Yoona: "Yes" Yoona answered Minho. Good thing that she's not surprised by the sudden appearance of Minho. Maybe she's already used to it when he was like that during his genie days.

Minho: "Donghae will be completely healed after tomorrow. What is your plan?"

Yoona: "I don't want to marry him. I won't marry him"

Minho: "you're not going to marry him after he's being operated? No, Yoona. You promised, me...You promised to us" Minho goes closely to Yoona and stands beside her while watching the beautiful view.

Yoona: "I know. I think I still have to. I'm sorry Minho"

Minho: "when I've thought about this, I thought it was easy since I knew that it's just like a forced marriage but when I saw a while ago the glimpse of how you and Donghae will be married, it really hurts my heart. But, every time I remember that you said you love me, those pain turns out to be nothing and I learned to be a numb lover"

Yoona: "did you look?" Yoona is talking about the kiss. 

Minho: "no. I look away. I don't think I can"

Yoona: "you want to erase it"

Minho: "why should I erase it?"

Yoona: "because your lips are the only one allowed to kiss me"

Minho: "whatever, Im Yoona" Minho chuckles. They just keep on watching the view in front of their eyes. Minho glances at Yoona and starts observing her smiling face. She looks like she lovess what she is seeing right now. This one is the best view for Minho. Minho touches Yoona's hand and holds it. Yoona is a little surprise but she just smiled. It's really peaceful and quiet that the only thing you can hear are hoots of the owl and the sound of the wind. Minho mildly pulls Yoona closer to him and hugs her. Yoona finds Minho's movements tonight odd.

Yoona: "Minho, are you alright?" Yoona looks at Minho's face and touches it to check if he's sick. Minho just touches her hands in his face and places it on the top of his shoulders. Yoona is already feeling very awkward. Minho is kind of sweet today. Minho helds Yoona closer to him then, he suddenly kisses Yoona. She easily forgets all her thoughts about this moment and just kisses him. Yoona holds Minho's shoulder when Minho starts kissing her passionately. Minho pecks her neck and ear then back to her lips.

Minho: "I feel much better now that I've erased it" They stopped kissing and they are now just holding each other's hand

Yoona: "I thought you don't want to erase it"

Minho: "I changed my mind. By the way, I think I should go home now"

Yoona: "what? You will leave me here?"

Minho: "you want me to stay?"

Yoona: "of course you will stay"

Minho: "hmm...wae?"

Yoona: "I just want to" Yoona said with a very shy voice and she sounded cute.

Minho: "hmm...okay.. I won't leave.. I know that you will miss me"

Yoona: "yah!! It's not like that. What if my parents are already back? What are you going to tell them?" Yoona raises her eyebrow.

Minho: "that's a good point. Your excuse right now is a little clever than your previous ones"

Yoona: "Choi Minho, it's not an excuse"

Minho: "whatever" Minho pulls Yoona as he goes downstairs from the rooftop. Minho is acting goofy to Yoona. He doesn't want Yoona to see how miserable it is for him that he decided to let Yoona marry Donghae so that he would live. He realized that Donghae is so in love with Yoona because he made his life as his hostage to make Yoona his own. Though Yoona will end up with Donghae in the end after Minho sacrificed being a genie, it is already enough for him that he can see Yoona whenever he wants to and he knows that Yoona also loves him.