I Like Him

Genie for your Wish

Minho’s pov

We’re on our way home from Yoona’s school. Every time I glance at Yoona, I can see the happiness shining in her eyes. It must be because of Donghae.

Minho: “you look really glad today”

Yoona: “yes I am”

Minho: “please be honest, do you like Donghae?”

I asked her without hesitation and I made my voice sound serious so that she’ll take my question seriously too.

Yoona: “okay, I’ll be honest. I like Donghae”

Finally, she admitted it. Maybe she has given up because the signs are way too obvious.

Minho: “I’ve observed the two of you during you laboratory activity. He looks nice and he gets along so well with you. Tell me about him”

Yoona: “Donghae is a kingka in our school. He’s known not just for being handsome and a son of a rich family but he is well known for being a wholesome student. He’s helpful, generous and he’s a friend of everybody. He takes every step of his life seriously. Donghae is like a perfect guy that’s why he’s the ideal guy of most girls, including me”

Minho: “you really know lots of things about him. By the way, I heard he said that you’ve been classmates before since elementary? Is that right?”

Yoona: “yep but I don’t remember that I had a classmate named Lee Donghae”.

Minho: “how long have you known him?”

Yoona: “I’ve known him since I was in 1st year”

Minho: “you’re already a graduating student so, you’ve known him for 3 years”

Yoona: “I guess”

Minho: “what happened in those years?”

Yoona: “nothing”

Minho: “so, you’ve never really had an interaction before?”

Yoona: “yeah. Today was the first and good thing it went well”

Minho: “you’re awful”

Yoona: “I know. I can’t blame myself if I’m too shy to approach him especially when Jessica is around him”

Minho: “that girl… she’s pretty”

Yoona: “yes she is but she changed a lot. She used to be a very good girl. I don’t know what happened to her”

I open the door of their house. Yoona puts her bag on the floor and sits on the couch. She gets the remote of the TV and turns it on. I sit with her and together, we watch Tom and Jerry.

Minho: “you still watch cartoons? Look at you, you’re already 18”

Yoona: “I may be 18 but my heart is still a kid”

Yoona smiled at me. It’s the first time that she smiled at me and it makes her look beautiful. Since yesterday, she’s always cold to me but right now, she’s becoming friendly to me. She even shared some things that Hyoyeon should be the one knowing. I hope this will go on so that I can leave a good memory and relationship with her after one week, at least.

 

Yoona and her mom have finished eating dinner. They had naengmyeon only since her mom got home a little late. She helps her mom in washing the dishes and told her to just go to her room and have a rest because she knows that she is tired from work. What a good daughter she is..

Yoona: “have you eaten already?” Yoona told me when she’s drying her hands.

Minho: “don’t worry about me”

I haven’t eaten yet because I don’t feel hungry. We go upstairs and enter her room. It’s a little messy. Her dirty clothes are around the floor and crumpled papers are scattered on the different sides and corners of her room, eeeww.

Yoona: “can I ask a favor?”

Minho: “anything”

Yoona: “can you help me clean my room?” I’m really willing to help you. I don’t want my master’s room to look like this.

Minho: “of course I can” I snap my fingers and turn her room from messy to clean and neat. I’m awesome, she doesn’t need to tell.

Yoona: “you’re really cool”

Minho: “I know”

Yoona: “you also have great guts on your sleeves huh”

Minho: “even I, I’m also impressed of what I can do. So, what are you going to do now?”

Yoona: “sleep”

Minho: “uhm. I’ll turn of the lights, for you”

I clap my hands and the lights are already off. It’s a little dark in her room now but there are lights coming from the outside which is already enough for us to see each other.

Yoona: “thank you Minho. Good night.”

She covers herself with her blanket and I can see that she closes her eyes. I stand near the door and just watch her until she fell asleep peacefully. I don’t want to disturb her sleep so I decided to penetrate through the door. Thanks magic.

 

Yoona’s pov

Good morning to myself. I had one of the best sleeps last night and it only happens when I feel really happy. I look at my watch and it’s already 5:50 am but the sun is already doing its job to lighten up the world. I go downstairs and instantly saw Minho sleeping on with his body lying on the couch. I sit on the carpet to watch him sleeping. I found out that genies sleep like humans too. That’s odd.

Minho: “hmmm”

I immediately stand up and rush to the kitchen when I heard him made a cute noise. I think my mom has left for work already because there’s no breakfast in the fridge. She’s an early bird. I just eat cereals, again and eat it fast. I take a bath and prepare myself for school. I move as fast as I can so that by the moment he’s already awake, I’m all done. When I’m all neat and clean, I go downstairs and he’s now walking back and forth at the living room.

Yoona: “good morning genie”

Minho: “good morning master”

Yoona: “let’s go to school now”

To have a genie by my side seems to be a good thing. I have someone to share with my secrets and thoughts without others knowing and I have a guard when I’m asleep. Until now, I still can’t believe that is happening right now is actually happening. I never thought that genies do exist in this period of time. On the other side, I feel excited to go to school as well as nervous because of Jessica. But I’m not doing anything wrong and it’s not a sin to be friends with someone like Donghae. Minho and I have entered the school. While I’m walking to my classroom, I keep on looking around making sure that there’s no JeTiYul that might confront me. Wait. Why am I worried that they might see me? They are late comers. Right, I forgot about that. I got inside our classroom and rush to my seat.

Yoona: “thank goodness. They don’t come to school early. Why didn’t I think about that earlier?”

Minho: “are you hiding from someone?”

Yoona: “you already know the people that I’m hiding from”

Hyoyeon: “Good morning Yoona”

Yoona: “good morning!”

Yes. Hyoyeon is already here. There’s someone that can help me protect myself from the evil girls plus, there’s Minho too.

Hyoyeon: “good news and bad news”

Yoona: “what is it?”

Hyoyeon: “I heard the teachers talking when I’m on my way here”

Yoona: “so?”

Hyoyeon: “I think we won’t have classes for 4 straight days”

Yoona: “really? Yes… we can go shopping or have a short vacation on Jeju Island”

Hyoyeon: “here is the bad news. In those 4 days, we will participate for the sports activity. Only the 4-A and 4-B students will do the activity”

Yoona: “you’re such a gossiper. It’s not a bad news at all. It’s much better than we have classes”

Hyoyeon: “but we will be exhausted like hell”

Mr. Lee: “class, proceed to the school gym”

Hyoyeon: “okay, they’ll announce it now”

Yoona: “let’s go and let’s bring our bags. They might cancel the classes today”

Hyoyeon: “okay”

Hyoyeon and I go to the school gym together with our classmates as well as Minho. When we got there, I saw Donghae with his friend Jonghyun standing. I look around further and saw Jessica, Tiffany and Yuri.

Yoona: “oh my gosh” I whispered to myself

Minho: “what’s wrong?”

Yoona: “I saw Jessica”

Minho: “don’t worry. I’ll protect you”

Yoona: “thanks”

As we wait for the teachers to come, I keep on glancing to Donghae and he also makes an eye contact with me but I also keep on looking away until he waves and smiles at me. Of course, I smile back at him.

Mr. Lee: “everyone, may I have your attention please. You will have no classes for 4 days”

The students start to cheer, scream and jump except for Hyoyeon and me. They surely have no idea of the consequence with the no classes announcement.

Mr. Park: “but, you will have a sports activity starting tomorrow until Friday and all of you should be here by 6 am” Just what I expected, all the cheers start to fade.

Mr. Lee: “today, you will have no classes since we need to do some preparations for the upcoming activities so, you can all go home by now”

Yoona: “yes, no classes for today. What should I do?”

Hyoyeon: “if you’re planning to go shopping, I can’t come with you”

Yoona: “don’t worry. I have no plan to go there right now. I feel lazy. Maybe I’ll just stay at home”

Minho: “you should go home now too”

I walk to the exit of the gym. Too bad, I can’t get out easily. The students are all rushing outside then someone suddenly grabs my arm and pulls me outside. Thank you to whoever that person is.

Donghae: “hard to get out right?”

This is a good day after all. I never thought it was Donghae that helped me exit the gym.

Yoona: “yeah. Thanks to you”

Donghae: “because I helped you, there’s a condition”

Yoona: “what is it? Please don’t make it hard”

Minho: “Yoona, you’re blushing. Quit blushing” My face is red again. I hope he won’t notice it.

Donghae: “it’s not hard. I swear. Can you be my friend?” He’s asking me to be his friend. Am I not dreaming? The guy that I like is asking me to be his friend. What a lucky day I have right now..

Yoona: “sure. Why not?”

Donghae: “great. Looking forward in getting to know you better”

Yoona: “me too”

Jonghyun: “Donghae! We need to go now” Jonghyun called him. Good moment breaker.

Donghae: “I’ll just see you tomorrow. bye”

Yoona: “bye” 

this is so sad. He has to leave that fast. While he’s walking far away, he keeps on looking back and keeps on smiling at me. Why would he keep on doing that?

Minho: “it’s like he doesn’t want to leave”

Yoona: “don’t think like that Minho”

I glance to where Jessica and her other friends are and she’s looking dangerously at me. I don’t know what to do except for looking away like nothing happened and walk away.

Minho: “hey, wait for me!”

 

Donghae’s pov

Jonghyun and I are on our way to the school parking lot. It’s a little far from thee school gym so it’s a long walk

Jonghyun: “so, talking to Yoona lately”

Donghae: “yeah”

Jonghyun: “you seemed to be pretty close”

Donghae: “before, not now. She has forgotten about me”

Jonghyun: “ah…she must be the girl that you’re talking about”

Donghae: “who?”

Jonghyun: “your elementary classmate. Everything that you said about your puppy love is very positive to Yoona”.

Oh man. I’m not supposed to tell Jonghyun that Yoona and the girl that I talked about are the same. Well, we’re already here so I guess I should just tell everything.

Donghae: “you’re close with Yoona”

Jonghyun: “not really but we had lots of acquaintances”

Donghae: “seriously?”

Jonghyun: “upset? If I were you, avoid her as soon as possible”

Donghae: “why?”

Jonghyun: “if you care for Yoona, you don’t want her to be Jessica’s target. You know that Jessica is doing something when a girl gets close to you. That girl is in love with you to death and she does everything no matter what it takes to make herself the only girl involve with you”

Donghae: “I won’t let that happen. Not this time”

Jonghyun: “wow. Lee Donghae is serious with a girl right now huh. I’ll be on your back bro”

Donghae: “thanks dude”

Thanks to Jonghyun. I remembered that my willingness to know her more might affect her. I can’t do anything to stop Jessica unless I’ll pretend that I don’t know Yoona but I don’t want to do that to her. I don’t want Yoona’s impression about me to change. I don’t want her to see me as the popular Lee Donghae but I want her to see me as her friend, Lee Donghae.