Previous Friends

Genie for your Wish
Yoona’s pov

I already reached our school. As usual, students are on rush. Some are late for class, some are being left and some are pretending that they are busy. While me and the genie beside me are one on the hallway the students start to move aside on both sides of the hallway because JeTiYul will pass through. JeTiYul is an elite group of the school composed of girls named Jessica, Tiffany and Yuri.

Minho: “why do you have to make way for those girls?” he asked.

Yoona: “if we won’t, we’ll be dead. But I’m the one who’s going to be dead because they can’t see you”

Minho: “who are they?”

Yoona: “the girl at the middle is Jessica Jung, the leader. At the right side is Tiffany Hwang and on the left side is Kwon Yuri. They are the richest and the most beautiful girls in the school. Lots of boys admire them but their attitude, they . They don’t talk to most of students here except for people that are like them”

Minho: “are you sure they are like that?”

Yoona: “I was a……part of them before”

FLASHBACK

We are surrounded by students because Onew, Jessica’s admirer is giving Jessica a gift

Jessica: “this is your gift to me? a cake?”

Onew: “yeah. I hope you’ll like it”

Jessica: “I will like it if…….” Jessica threw the cake into his face and stained his uniform

Jessica: “I will see it in your face” Tiffany and Yuri didn’t say anything because they don’t want Jessica to get mad at them.

Onew: “I baked that all night for you” Onew got the box of the cake and put the shattered pieces of it inside.

Jessica: “I only eat cakes baked by known people” Jessica started laughing.

Yoona: “that’s enough!” I can’t control myself anymore.

Jessica: “why are you helping him? Are you siding on that fool?”

Yoona: “your rudeness is too much already and I can’t endure. I don’t want to see other people get hurt because of you. Do you know what they feel when you’re doing that to them? No, you don’t” I helped Onew and gave him my handkerchief.

Jessica: “so you really are on that guy’s side. I thought you’re my friend Yoona. Don’t tell me I’m wrong”

Yoona: “I was your friend”

Jessica: “okay then, you’re out”

Yoona: “so what? I don’t care.. at least, I can survive in this world without depending on a person or to my friends especially to what I have and what I am” I helped Onew move out of the crowded place and left Jessica, Yuri and Tiffany. I know that Yuri and Tiffany wants to be frank with Jessica but they are not brave enough to do that.

Jessica: “you heard that? Yoona is officially out from this group”

Onew: “why did you help me? look at what happened…”

Yoona: “I really want to be out from that group for a long time already. I’m just finding the right time to say it”

Onew: “thanks Yoona. I never thought that she’s really that mean and harsh. She looks innocent but inside, she’s a devil”

Yoona: “keep your mouth shut. She might hear you. Cheer up, okay. Jessica is not the only girl in the world”

Onew: “you two are so different”

Yoona: “I knew that already. She has more wealth than I am”

Onew: “no, you’re a better person than her”

Yoona: “I am?”

Onew: “yeah.. Look, you’ve been friends since elementary but then, you sacrificed that friendship to let her know that what she is doing is wrong. Don’t think it’s hard for you?”

Yoona: “it’s hard but it’s not hard to find new friends as long as I’m willing to be their friend and I still got Hyoyeon by my side and you”

Onew: “so, we’re friends now. I want to bring you a cake tomorrow”

Yoona: “that’s okay. You don’t have to”

Onew: “I insist. I want to show that I’m thankful, please?”

Yoona: “okay.. I’m expecting that it will taste good”

Onew: “OKAY”

END OF FLASHBACK

Minho: “so where’s Onew now?”

Yoona: “he transferred. I think he’s in Busan now. His cakes are delicious. It’s like I’ve tasted heaven”

Minho: “I still can’t believe that you were friends with those girls” Minho and I are already near to my classroom.

Yoona: “they think that they can do whatever they want to do just because they are popular. That’s the lamest thing ever”

Minho: “right” I sit on my seat and he sits beside me. I don’t have a sitting partner but at least for 1 week, I will experience to have one.

Hyoyeon: “Yoona!!”

Yoona: “hey!” Hyoyeon is finally here. She usually arrives 5 minutes before the time. She goes to her sit beside my table. Her sitting partner before was Eunhyuk but he dropped out because doesn’t feel like going to school.

Minho: “is that your friend?”

Yoona: “yeah”

Hyoyeon: “did you say something?”

Yoona: “huh? I didn’t say anything”

Hyoyeon: “ow..I thought you did”

Yoona: “by the way, can I ask you something?”

Hyoyeon: “sure”

Yoona: “have you ever heard of genies?”

Hyoyeon: “what question is that?”

Yoona: “okay.. Do you think they exist?”

Hyoyeon: “uhm… I don’t know. Ask Aladdin” why do they always say something about Aladdin? Yes, he is related to my question but, they can still give a different example.

Yoona: “if I told you that they exist, would you believe me?”

Hyoyeon: “did you rub the lamp that you bought last weekend?” oh my! She must’ve realized that there really is a genie in that lamp… What should I do?

Yoona: “no.. Why would I rub that lamp? Genies don’t exist, only in fairytales, right? Are they?”

Hyoyeon: “good” It looks like she won’t believe in me if I’ll tell her. I’m stuck in this situation by myself. How awful…

Mr. Park: “class, we will have a test today so close all your notes and books. I only want to see papers and pencils on the table”

Minho: “you want me to help you on your test?”

Yoona: “NO. That’s cheating”

Mr. Kang gives me a test paper and I start answering it. I wasn’t able to study yesterday because of the sudden happenings but I listened to the class discussion so I think it’s enough for me to answer this. The questions are not that hard so it was easily for me to finish the test before the time without any flaws. I grab my bag and go outside the door to wait for Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon: “goodbye Mr. Park”

Yoona: “see you later Mr. Park”

Minho: “you’’ get a perfect score in the exam”

Yoona: “did you change my answers and made it right? You used magic?”

Minho: “No. I swear. I checked your answers. That’s outstanding of yours”

Yoona: “why did you tell me? There’s no surprise tomorrow”

Hyoyeon: “who are you talking to?” Hyoyeon interrupted me and Minho’s conversation.

Yoona: “I’m just recalling the questionnaires”

Should I just tell her? But I’m afraid she won’t believe me. I will only look like stupid if I’ll tell her. She might think that I’m going crazy. We are walking on the hallway and Hyoyeon tells me that she needs to leave to buy snacks. She doesn’t eat breakfast before going to school. I was bowing my head when I am about to pass through a bunch of guys. Sadly, I accidentally bumped at someone and my books fell on the floor.

Donghae: “I’m sorry. I didn’t see you” I look at the guy and I’m so happy that it was Donghae. I sighed. He’s so handsome.

Yoona: “that’s okay. It’s my fault too because I wasn’t paying attention on the way” Donghae is helping me in picking up my books

Donghae: “well then, see you later” I feel like my face is already blushing. If it is, it’s very embarrassing.

Yoona: “okay” he hands me down my books and smiled at me before he leaves. He’s so handsome and good-looking. I just keep on staring at him as he is walking far away from him. It’s like I’m being hypnotized when I see him walking and his face, so angelic.

Minho: “I guess someone is liking SOMEONE”