Hurtful Truth

Genie for your Wish

Minho’s pov

Where could have Yoona went? I’m not having a good feeling right now. I start searching for her in every corner of their school but I still can’t find her. If only I knew how to use magic in finding a person, I could have found her instantly. I shouldn’t have left her. Why didn’t it cross my mind that if she lost from my sight, those stupid guys will do their plan to her? I’m really stupid! Where could they have taken her? I am now so worried to death. I got to ask for help but how?

 

I decided to go to the boy’s locker room, hoping that Donghae will be there.

Donghae: “See you tomorrow guys”

Jonghyun: “okay” Jonghyun has left the room leaving Donghae.

Minho: “I got to do something”

I make a letter for Donghae and paste in the door of the locker room. Donghae is about to leave now. He is locking the door and he saw the letter that I paste on the door. Yes! He saw it. Thank goodness!

Donghae: “Yoona is lost in the school. Please find her. I’m sure she’s not a good condition right now. Please help her! Did Jessica do something to her? I have no time to worry about that. Yoona is in danger, I got to find her”

Donghae and I look for Yoona all over the school. As our search is turning go be a longer already, I’m starting to think negative things that could happen to Yoona. I know that she’s totally not okay right now and it hurts my heart.

Donghae: “I think I know where to find her now” Donghae rushes to a dark corner of the school hallway. I saw a glow-in-the-dark tag and it says ‘Janitorial Room’. Could Yoona be here? As we get closer to the huge door, I can hear a girl screaming coming from the inside of that door. That scream is really familiar to me.

Minho: “Yoona?”

Donghae runs to the door and opens the lock from the outside of the door. Inside, Yoona is sitting on the floor maps and she’s crying so hard. Donghae immediately hugs her so tight while me, I’m just standing and watch them hugging each other. I feel like I didn’t do anything to keep her safe. I feel like I’m a bad genie for my master.

Donghae: “Yoona, I’m really sorry if it went this far. I’m so sorry” Donghae said worriedly

Yoona: “I’m so scared. It’s very dark in here. I thought I was going to die” Yoona said and she’s sobbing. I’m speechless. I really don’t know what I should say to her.

Donghae: “I’m here now okay? Stop crying now” Donghae wipes her tears. Besides of feeling guilty I’m also having a different feeling when I see Donghae being like that to Yoona.

Yoona: “Thank you Donghae. I don’t know how to thank you”

Donghae: “You don’t need to thank me. If it wasn’t because of me, Jessica would never think of doing this to you. Now tell me, who did this to you?”

Yoona: “I don’t really remember but I think I saw Siwon, Taecyeon and Chansung then I lost my consciousness. I woke up and I just found out that I’m inside the Janitorial Room”

Donghae: “Okay then. Let’s go home now. I’ll take you home now”  

Donghae takes Yoona home in his car. I don’t know if I should speak or not. I just watch Yoona and Donghae together. I see the care that Donghae is giving to Yoona. When they arrived in front of Yoona’s house, he carries her fragile body in his arms.

Yoona: “you don’t have to carry me Donghae”

Donghae: “I know that your foot is injured but I know that by tomorrow, it will be okay”

Yoona: “it has to be, I still need to attend our sports activities. How did you know that I was in danger?” Donghae puts Yoona down slowly and gently. Yoona looks cute because she can’t stand straight.

Donghae: “someone posted a letter on the door of the boy’s locker room. Thanks to whomever that person posted that. I guess this is it, whether I like it or not, I can’t take care of you further more. I’ll make sure that this won’t happen to you again. I promise” I feel that Donghae meant every word that he said. I can see it in his eyes that he doesn’t want to see Yoona experience this again, me too.

Yoona: “you should go now. Thanks”

Donghae: “I’ll pick you up tomorrow”

Yoona: “No. I’m okay. I can just walk on my way to school tomorrow”

Donghae: “no. Don’t be stubborn okay. I’ll pick you up before 6. Good night”

Then I became surprised with the view that I’m seeing right now. Donghae kissed Yoona’s forehead tenderly and he leaves. Yoona touches her forehead and she smiled. Her smile seems to be different. A smile that will make you think that there’s someone that is making this girl happy.

Minho: “Yoona, can I talk to you?” We enter the house and it looks like her mom is not yet home because the house feels empty.

Yoona: “of course” We go to her room and she puts her things on the floor. We sit together on the side of the bed and I start my conversation with her.

Minho: “I don’t know how to start but what I feel right now is that I’m really sorry and I regret that I left you alone. I’m really sorry if I wasn’t there when you were hurt. I’m a dumb genie, I know that. I have magic but I didn’t use it to protect you. I’m so sorry”

Sorry is the only word that I can say right now but I meant every sorry that I said to her. She suddenly touches her hand to mine and I look at her beautiful face and innocent eyes.

Yoona: “Thank you for making that letter. You’re the only one who knew that I will be in danger lately so I know that it’s you. Don’t say sorry anymore because there’s nothing to be sorry about. If I were you, go downstairs and make dinner for me. I feel really hungry” I see her beautiful smile again that removed the stain of sadness and worry that I felt in my heart.

Minho: “okay I will”

I slowly let go of her hand. When I go to the kitchen and make dinner for Yoona and Mrs. Im, there’s something that won’t get off of my mind. When Donghae saved Yoona, I wished that I was the guy that actually saved her.

 

Yoona: “thanks for the dinner genie. That was really delicious. Mom really loved it”

Minho: “don’t thank me. Say thanks to magic. Go to sleep now Yoonderella”

Yoona: “where did you get that?”

Minho: “I saw some of your pictures when you were still a kid. You were in 4th grade when you had a role play and you played

Cinderella. You were really cute back there”

Yoona: “Yoonderella was cute. I’ll go to sleep now”

Minho: “good night”

The lights are now turned off. I remain sitting on the floor with my back leaning to the side of the bed. Yoona must be really tired this day, a minute hasn’t passed yet but she’s already asleep. Even I, feel tired today. Tired of worrying about her and I didn’t realize that I’m already asleep.

 

Why am I seeing this scene again and again? My heart is hurting when this dream is like a movie that keeps on playing back. I can’t take the hurt anymore so I decided to wake up. So everything was just a dream but why do I feel something when I saw this again? When I saw Donghae kissed Yoona’s forehead? I shake my head to ignore all this thoughts in my head right now. I check the time and it’s already 4 am. Wow, time flies by so fast. It’s like I only slept for an hour. I get up from the floor and my body is aching so much. I gaze at Yoona who’s still sleeping peacefully and cutely, of course. When she’s asleep, she’s like a person that doesn’t know how to get mad or angry but it’s a complete opposite when she’s awake. There’s only one similarity between the sleeping Yoona and the not sleeping Yoona, their innocent eyes and face and beautiful smile.

 

 It’s kind of boring though when you wake up too early so I decided to go downstairs and make breakfast for Yoona. This time, I didn’t use magic to make breakfast for her but I used my own skills in cooking. It’s been a long since I haven’t really cooked but it was quite fun to try again. I’m hoping that a good result will come out.

 

Yoona’s pov

It’s another day for me and another day for every people in the world. When I wake up and rise from my bed, Minho wasn’t in my room anymore. I look at my watch, its 5:07am already and I didn’t feel that I’m asleep for 8 hours. I smell something coming from the outside of my room. It smells good so I decided to get out of my room. I saw Minho sitting on the kitchen and there is breakfast on the table. There are omelets with pepper around it and fried rice.

Yoona: “wow. It looks delicious and I want to try it” I rush to the chair on the dining table. Minho serves me a piece of omelet and a cup of fried rice.

Minho: “taste it” just like what he said, I taste it.

Yoona: “Oh my! This is the best omelet and fried rice that I’ve ever tasted”

This is really good. I’m so amazed. I already swallowed the food in my mouth but I can still taste the food.

Minho: “I’m glad that you liked it. Good thing I didn’t waste oil and electricity for that”

Yoona: “You cooked this?” He didn’t use magic to cook food? That’s the easier way for him to make food so why would he still cook using his own effort? I know that I already look like I really doubt that he cooked this.

Minho: “yeah. I know that look. I really cooked this because I woke up 4am and I felt bored so I cooked using my own sweat and it was hard”

Yoona: “really?”

Minho: “believe it or not, you will still thank me”

Mrs. Im: “good morning honey”

Yoona: “good morning mom” Mom might have caught me talking to Minho. That’s not right. She might have caught me talking to myself.

Mrs. Im: “wow. There’s delicious looking food on the table. Did you cook this?” Minho is telling me to tell mom that I cooked this.

Yoona: “yes I did. I woke up 4 am in the morning and I felt bored so I decided to cook” Did I just said almost the same words that Minho said to me lately?

Minho: “your mom might compliment you for something that you didn’t do. But that’s okay, you can’t tell her that a genie cooked it”

He’s really big-headed. How did he know that mom will like it? Mom tasted it and she really liked it. She ate more than I am because I still have to take a bath and wait for Donghae to arrive. He doesn’t need to pick me up. School is just few blocks away but that’s so sweet of him. I really hope that what happened yesterday will never happen again. I sighed as I go to my room.

 

Minho: “Yoona! Donghae is already here!”

I have to move fast. I immediately wear my running shoes and run to the door of the house. Donghae is just standing near his car, waiting patiently for me. Today, all of the students will only wear sweat shirt and jogging pants since running is what we will keep on doing today.

Yoona: “sorry if I kept you waiting”

Donghae: “that’s alright. Do you feel okay now?”

Yoona: “Yeah, totally. I want to say thank you again for yesterday”

Donghae: “That’s nothing” he rubs my head. I’m really okay now, now that I saw you.

Minho: “she looks like she’s having a really great time with him”

When we enter the other parking gate of our school, I saw Siwon, Chansung and Taecyeon getting out of theur car.

Siwon: “hey dude…….and you’re with…….her” I get out of his car.

Donghae: “I picked her up this morning”  I start to walk and I really can’t walk straightly but I know that I can handle it later on.

Taecyeon: “what happened to you?” I know that they want to mock me because of the way that I walk. This is so embarassing

Donghae: “what happened to her? Why are you asking us? You shouldn’t ask that to us because you already knew what happened to her and I know that you knew who did this to her”

Donghae slams the door of his car and she accompanies me in walking. He really doesn’t need to accompany me and I don’t know why he is doing this.

Minho: “very protective huh” I heard that Minho.

 

Jessica’s pov

Jessica: “he told you that?”

Taecyeon: “yes he did. I think he’s the one that saved her”

Jessica: “what? This is totally not Donghae”

Siwon: “What are you going to do now? It looks like Donghae have his eyes on others”

Jessica: “shut up! That will never happen. I already have a plan. I will make sure that Yoona is the one who will stay away from Donghae”

 

Yoona’s pov

Yoona: “what a tiring day”

Hyoyeon: “what a tiring tomorrow and the day after tomorrow”

Yoona: “and now you know that we will be tired tomorrow. Well, you’re right” I open my locker and I saw a flower with letter on it.

Minho: “so who gave that flower? Is it starting with letter D?”

Yoona: “hey! Quiet” I whispered too Minho. He’s teasing me again.

Hyoyeon: “what’s that? Did Donghae give you that?” Hyoyeon kind of said it out loud.

Yoona: “lower your voice”

Hyoyeon: “sorry. Open it”

Yoona: “go to the boy’s locker room. 5pm. I’ll be waiting

Hyoyeon: “it’s already 5, you have to go there. NOW”

Yoona: “are you sure it’s okay?”

Hyoyeon: “of course it is”

Minho: “Hyoyeon is right. He’s the one who asked you so go” Hyoyeon drags me outside of the girl’s locker room. I start to walk on the hallway with Minho and I saw Siwon talking on the phone. I still haven’t paid my revenge on those guys but I’ll save it for later.

 

I’m already near the boy’s locker room and I can hear a conversation coming from its direction. I can hear Jessica’s voice but I just continue walking.

Jessica: “Siwon told me what you said to them this morning. And you’re with Yoona when you arrived? What’s happening to you Donghae?” Did I just hear my name? I decided to listen first to the conversation going on between Donghae and Jessica.

Donghae: “yes, I’m with her. We’re friends Jessica”

Jessica: “Stay away from her. Avoid her if she really is your friend. You don’t want me to do even worse than what I did yesterday, right?”

Donghae: “I’m just……using her Jessica. You’re totally going the wrong way. I’m just using her to take advantage from her”

Jessica: “Like what? She’s a useless girl”

Donghae: “you know that Yoona is a friend of most students here and if I will make a good impression to her I will be able to increase my popularity and make it better. Aren’t you using your mind?”

Jessica: “Okay, I’ll believe you. I already knew from the start that you will never like that kind of girl”
Donghae: “why would I like her?”

Minho: “oh my gosh” Without them knowing, I heard everything that they talked about. I slowly walk away from that place and I don’t want to hear more of it.

Yoona: “did he really say that?”

Minho: “I heard that too”

My eyes are already watery and my heart is hurt little by little. Is that the real personality of Lee Donghae? I never thought that I really liked that kind of guy. I liked a guy who is just using me for his own advantage and he doesn’t even know that he’s hurting me so much. I’ve always thought that you’re a good guy but I guess I was wrong and that’s what makes it even more painful.