Introducing Me

Genie for your Wish
Yoona’s POV

I can feel that my body is lying on a soft bed. I thought I was at the bathroom. Wait! I just saw someone in my room. Was that a guy? Oh my GOSH!!! There’s a guy in my room!! I opened my eyes but it was a little blurry. I can see a figure and it has hair. Looks like a guy.

Minho: “finally, you’re awake” I heard his voice. Right! This must be the guy that I saw so I rub my eyes to see it clearly.

Yoona: “who are you?!!” I instantly rise from my bed but he’s just sitting still and looks really calm

Minho: “Master, now that you’re awake, I can now introduce myself”

Is this true? Where did this guy come from? I have to tell mom immediately. This guy might do something to us. I hit the guy with a pillow before I left my room to make sure that it’s real. I run to the kitchen where mom is washing the dishes.

Yoona: “omma!! There’s someone in the house. He’s in my room right now. I don’t know what exactly happened but when I woke up, he’s already there”

Mrs. Im: “what?”

Yoona: “let’s go to my room before he do a crime” I grab my Mom’s hand as I go back to my room.

Mrs. Im: “where is he?”

Yoona: “there!” I keep on pointing to where the guy is. He is still sitting on my bed.

Mrs. Im: “honey, there’s no one in your room. You might just had a bad dream. Just sleep now okay. You still have classes tomorrow” my Mom kisses my cheek and slowly leaves my room.

Yoona: “but he’s really there.. Oh man” I sighed

Minho: “no other can see me except you”

Yoona: YOU, what are you? My Mom can’t see you but I can.. are you a ghost?” I’m trying to look cranky.

Minho: “I’m not a ghost. I’m a genie. My name is Minho, it’s nice to meet you” he wants to shake hands with me but it’s really awkward so I shake my head.

Yoona: “nice to meet you? Really? Aigoo.. at least, I heard a good news.. You’re not a ghost but a genie.. what?” I crumple my hair to think but how can I think straight?

Minho: “yes I am. Have you ever heard the story of Aladdin? Duh.. the big blue guy.. that’s a genie”

Yoona: “of course I know that story” I told him in an obnoxious way.

Minho: “since I’m already here, I have to do my main objective. I will be your protector slash guardian slash slave for one week and you have one week to decide what wish you want to be granted. Just one wish okay”

Yoona: “a wish?” I became interested but it sounds mysterious. Maybe there’s a condition before I can make my wish come true

Minho: “that’s our purpose. To grant wishes, duh..”

Yoona: “by the way, how did you appear?”

Minho: “are you sure you’ve heard Aladdin before? You rubbed the lamp… The difference is, you don’t need a magical ring to let me appear”

Yoona: “that’s why I asked you how because there’s supposed to be a ring” Is he even saying the truth? Is this true? I feel so confused right now. If I will base on his looks, he doesn’t look like a genie. I’ve never seen a genie wearing normal clothes except for Girls’ Generation but they are wearing marine outfits.

Yoona: “aren’t you kidding me?”

Minho: “we’ve been talking for almost 15 minutes and you still have a doubt” he raises his hand and points at something.

I look onto it and he’s pointing at my book entitled ‘Diary of the Wimpy Kid’ placed on the bookshelf. He circularly moves his finger and the bookshelf starts to shake. It looks like he’s really doing that.

Yoona: “stop it, if you really are the one who’s doing that”

The book that he’s pointing just floats and my eyes grow bigger. These things only happen in animated, fantasy and sci-fi movies and shows. Now, the book is placed on my lap. He really is a genie and that was so cool.

Minho: “you believe me now?”

Yoona: “err…. Yeah… a little”

Minho: “geez… a little?”

Yoona: “Okay… Fine… I completely believe you now”

Minho: “Good. Now go to sleep because you still have to go to school tomorrow and I’m excited”

Yoona: “how did you know? Did you read my mind?”

Minho: “that’s a prohibited magic. As well as using magic to other people. We just use magic to serve our master. You’re mom told you lately and I saw school uniforms in your cabinet while you were outside”

Yoona: “what?! You opened my cabinet? How dare you open someone else’s cabinet without asking permission and I’m a girl!!”

Minho: “oooohhhh. Right… Sorry” he scratches the back of his head. This guy is totally freaking me out.

Yoona: “next time, don’t touch any thing in my room. And, go to sleep outside if you’re sleeping”

Minho: “of all the people that became my master, you’re the meanest one and you look so unhappy after knowing that I can grant one of your wishes”

Yoona: “wanna know why I’m unhappy? Because I saw a guy inside my room and he said he cam from a lamp and he’s a genie. One more reason, because you will only grant one wish which should be 3”

Minho: “there’s nothing I can do about it if I can only grant one wish, what’s your name by the way?”

Yoona: “Im Yoona”

Minho: “Yoona, go to sleep now” I go to my bed and cover my body with the blanket. I want to close my eyes but I notice Minho staring at me.

Yoona: “what are you staring at and why are you still here?”

Minho: “I have to make sure first that you’re completely asleep before I go to sleep”

Yoona: “just stand near the door. It’s distracting me”

Minho: “okay, I will” I close my eyes and pretend that I’m fully asleep.

After a few minutes, I heard my door opening. He must have left. I still can’t sleep even though I can’t see him anymore. I’m starting to realize that he’s a very calm guy. He’s supposed to be mad at me because I’m treating him that way. Should I be nicer to him? I don’t know.

I feel the heat of sunlight in my body so I decided to wake up. I slowly open my eyes. I rise from my bed and do a little stretching. I go to the bathroom to wash my. When I look at the mirror, I remember what happened yesterday. Isn’t it a dream? I’m hoping that it didn’t really happen, partially. I’m still hoping that it’s real because there’s one wish that I have in my mind right now. I go downstairs to eat breakfast and I saw Minho sitting on the couch watching TV with my mom. So everything that happened yesterday is true. I’m about to react because Minho is beside my mom but then I remembered that she can’t see him. Minho saw me walking to our kitchen so he follows me.

Yoona: “so, how’s your sleep?” he sits on a chair at the left side of the table

Minho: “it’s weird.. I keep on worrying about my master”

Yoona: “you also know how to be concern huh” I am eating cereals.

Minho: “we have feelings like humans. We feel happiness, sadness, madness, love and etc”.

Yoona: “ah.. I see” I’m done eating so I drink my milk. I’m really fast when I eat.

Minho: “are you going to take a bath?”
Yoona: “yeah.. then I’ll go to school. Stay here”

Minho: “okay” I go to my room to take a bath. I move faster so that I won’t be late. After taking a bath, I wear my uniform, blower my hair and put on light make-up. I go to the living to get my back pack on the couch and kiss my mom on the cheek. I leave the house and start walking.

Minho: “aren’t you going to take a cab?”

Yoona: “ah!!”

Minho: “is there something wrong?”

Yoona: “you startled me. Wait, you’re following me?”

Minho: “yep.. you’re my master. I should go wherever you go” This now irritating. For 1 week, most of my private stuff and doings will not be private anymore.