Let's Talk

Genie for your Wish

 

Minho’s pov

The sports activity of class 4-A and 4-B is finally finished. Yoona looks upset again. If I were in her position, I will feel upset if I see him and will surely get mad but Yoona is a little unique. She is patient and she hides what she feels with others. That’s how I know her.

Yoona: “I can’t take it anymore!” Yoona screamed in her room and it hurts my ears.

Minho: “don’t scream”

Yoona: “I already knew my wish”

I am shocked to hear that from her. She didn’t even give me a clue that she’s going to tell me now. After telling me, I have to leave her but……can I? I’ve only been with her for almost 5 days but those days felt like moths to me. It seemed to be so long.

Minho: “let me remind you first that there is no taking back of wish. Okay, tell me your wish” This is so sudden for me. Maybe her wish has something to do with Donghae. I hope not because she might regret this.

Yoona: “it’s time for him to pay the price” Oh no!!... Don’t tell me??? “Make Donghae fall in love with me”

Minho: “what? Are you serious? Have you thought of this already?”

Yoona: “this is the wish that I think is worth it. To have my revenge is worth it. I want him to feel what I felt, even more than that. Seeing him since I’ve found out his secret motive reminds how painful is it and it hurts me every time, until now, I still feel the pain in my heart”

Minho: “Yoona, I’m giving you a chance to change your mind. You can still do. Please choose any wish that you want except for this” My voice already sounded like I’m begging for food on a street.

Yoona: “you’re the genie and I’m your master. I’m the one who has the right of the wish that I want! Just do it!” She’s right; I’m the genie so I have to do what she wants no matter what it is. Whether I like it or not. Whether it’s right or wrong.

Minho: “okay, I will”

Yoona was just a jolly and happy person and feels shy showing her affection to Donghae when she’s with him but now, the only that’s left for her to do is to kill him. Is she that desperate to make revenge? This doesn’t seem like the Yoona that I knew. I snap my fingers and wait for dusts to appear from nowhere. It’s a sign that a wish has finally been granted. It’s taking a little long and I’m already worried.

Yoona: “what now?” Are you still fooling around?”

Minho: “I’m already doing it but nothing……”

Someone appears in front of us and cut my words. It’s Lord Taeyeon. Wait, Gods and Goddesses never visit the human world unless…. “why are you here?” I’m getting nervous now. I’m having a very bad feeling why she’s here. I hope what I’m thinking right now is wrong and complete opposite.

Yoona: “who is she?” Yoona whispered to me. Taeyeon heard that for sure.

Taeyeon: “whispering won’t work on me lady. I’m Taeyeon, Goddess of Genies. I’m here because someone has broken the rule which is not good news”

Yoona: “someone broke the rule? Is it me?”

Taeyeon: “well, I can’t blame you my dear. You have no idea about this so the punishment will be given to Minho”
Minho: “What? Why me? And I swear that I didn’t do anything reckless”

Taeyeon: “you said that you’ve told her everything regarding this wishing thing. Look, she just wished a prohibited wish”              Did I miss something that I didn’t get……Oh man! I remember now. Humans are not allowed to wish something related to love. That’s the rule that I forgot to tell her. Why didn’t I think of that from the beginning? I shouldn’t worry about something that is already happening. What I should worry is the punishment….

Minho: “so, her wish will not come true? And, what’s my punishment?” Please not so hard.. Please not so tough.

Taeyeon: “her wish has to come true. It has to be. So your punishment is, you will stay here until her wish happens”

Minho: “you’ve got to be kidding me…..It’s not easy to make someone fall in love with a girl especially if the guy is….like Donghae” I really have to mention his name. There’s no other better example that I know.

Taeyeon: “that’s part of the punishment, you’ll stay in the human world for a longer time which is of course, most genies don’t want. By the way, there’s no using of magic to make the wish come true. Good luck”

She disappeared just like that, great. I look at Yoona who looks shocked and she has never said a word yet when she found out. She is just sitting on the side of the bed, bowing her head.

Minho: “Yoona…….I’m sorry. I can’t make you wish come true anymore.” I said to her in a soft voice as I seat beside her. Once again, sorry is the only word that I can say to her. I wait for her response as I look at her with pity.

Yoona: “Minho…..” When I heard her saying my name, she starts to cry. I really don’t like seeing her cry and I never will because it hurts my heart too.

Minho: “I promise, I’ll do anything for your wish to come true. I’m so sorry” I her hair gently and softly.

Yoona: “No. I’m the one who’s supposed to be sorry” her voice is shivering.

Minho: “I’m who’s at fault here, not you”

Yoona: “it’s my fault because I was selfish. I didn’t think about the possible consequences if I had that wish”

Minho: “It’s my job to tell you but I didn’t because I forgot. I’m so dumb, right?” I smile at her.

Yoona: “I should’ve listened to you a while ago so this won’t be happening. All I care about was my self. I’m sorry if it didn’t cross my mind that you might be affected by this. Because of me, you won’t be able to go back to your lamp and help others. I even ruined your responsibility as a genie” No matter what I say to her, I’m sure she won’t stop saying that it’s her fault.

Minho: “since we’re just blaming each other, let’s just help ourselves”

Yoona: “but you know that no matter what help you give to me, that wish is impossible to come true. What if it won’t happen? If only I have no feelings for that guy. You must have been in your lamp by now and I didn’t wish that ridiculous and stupid wish”

Minho: “It will happen. Stay positive. I can’t blame you for this because you’re just a girl who wants the guy that you love to also fall in love with you. Even if my master is a different person and has the same situation as yours, I’m sure they’ll ask the same wish. Look, who doesn’t want that the person they love, loves them too without passing through the hole of a needle?”

Yoona: “you’re not the only one who’s dumb here, you’re master too” I laugh a little and she joins me as well.

Minho: “there…you’re smiling now”

I wipe her tears and look into those eyes of hers, It’s really amusing. She’s still attractive even though she’s crying. Is this feeling right or wrong? Instead of worrying that I can’t go back yet to my lamp, I’m worried that I didn’t grant her wish. I should be disappointed and mad at her but the opposite thing is happening. I feel glad that I can stay here for a longer time. There’s a huge chance that Donghae will fall in love with Yoona because she’s a girl that a guy would want to be with. But when the time will come that I have to leave her again, will I still be ready?

Time can make any things happen within that period. Things that is unexpected.

 

Yoona’s pov

I think it’s already morning but I still want to close my eyes. It’s Saturday, favorite day of the week. I forgot, so I can still sleep!!
Minho: “Yoona! Wake up!”

Yoona: “why? Saturday, no classes” I cover my head with the pillow so that I won’t hear what he is saying. 

Minho: “you have to go to a school”

Yoona: “What school? I only have one school”

Minho: “yesterday, you’re teachers told you and Hyoyeon that you two will go to teach the students”  

Yoona: “where?”

Minho: “Seoul Elementary School” I feel so tired right now but I can’t skip this one.

Yoona: “okay, I’ll wake up now. Thanks for remembering” I rub his head and get up from my bed.

Minho: “breakfast is already on the table. Your mom made it for you”

Yoona: “thanks”

I leave my room and I sighed. I still have a debt that I need to pay to Minho. Well, we’re just saying that it’s our fault yesterday so the best thing to do is help one another. I hope I won’t see that guy today. I don’t understand this but I’m supposed to feel mad right now but……whenever it reminds me that Minho is just there for me, my mood is still good. That guy is always teasing me and makes fun of me but it’s turning to be like he’s becoming someone important to me. I shake my head slowly and chuckle. He really makes me smile when I think about that genie.

 

Minho: “is this your school before? It looks kind of boring”

Yoona: “of course it’s boring because there are no kids. But even though this school looks very formal, it’s full of students that bully”

Minho: “oh…it is? Have you been……?”

Hyoyeon: “Yoona!” Hyoyeon cuts Minho’s words and she approaches me.

Yoona: “a little early today huh..”

Hyoyeon: “I heard that Donghae will be here too”

Yoona: “Who?” I hope I misheard the name.

Hyoyeon: “Donghae” When Hyoyeon said his name again, I didn’t move an inch. I am trying to avoid that guy but destiny always wants us to meet.

Minho: “just be calm Yoona”
Hyoyeon: “are you okay? You’re not saying a thing”

Yoona: “uhm…yeah.. I’m alright. Let’s go to the library. That’s the location”

Hyoyeon: “you look worried. Is there a problem?”

Yoona: “nothing… I just feel sleepy, that’s all. Let’s go now, please”

I start to walk to the library located near the garden and open basketball court of the school. Hyoyeon is beside me and Minho is behind us. As we get inside, there are kids that have started being taught by other people. I saw Donghae standing near the window beside a huge bookshelf. I try not to look at him and clench my fist to ignore him.

Mrs. Jang: “Hyoyeon and Yoona. It’s been a long time since I saw the two of you. You are beautiful ladies now. You can start teaching the student that you want to”

Hyoyeon: “thanks Mrs. Jang”

Yoona: “let’s start now to finish this off”

I look around to search for a kid without someone by their side. There’s a boy sitting on the last row near the window and Donghae is behind him. I have no choice but to go there since he’s the only one who’s no teacher beside him. This is so not good. I start to walk towards the boy.

Minho: “are you sure Yoona that you can do this? I can use magic so that you can switch places with others”

Yoona: “that’s okay. Maybe he would leave soon” I approach the kid who is smiling at me so I smile at him too.

Kyungsan: “hello. I’m Cho Kyungsan”

Yoona: “I’m Yoona. Should we start now?”

Kyungsan: “okay noona”

Yoona: “What subject did you find difficult?”

Kyungsan: “English”                                          

 I start to teach Kyungsan with some lessons in English. Good thing that the lessons that he had a hard time are the lessons that I’m good at. While he’s writing something on his paper, I can’ help but look at Donghae whose attention is outside the window. If he’s not doing anything, why is he here? I shouldn’t think about this and him too. Why should I still care about him? He doesn’t even care about me.

Kyungsan: “noona, are you alright? I’ve been calling your name but you just keep on staring at hyung” I cover his mouth because

Donghae might have heard what he said.

Yoona: “keep your voice down. I’m not staring at that stupid guy. Let’s continue”

Kyungsan: “is he your ex-boyfriend because you said that he’s stupid”

Yoona: “hey, you’re still a kid. You’re not supposed to learn about this kind of things. It’s for adults only”

Kyungsan: “It’s not that hard to say that he is you ex-boyfriend. You don’t have to say some excuses”

This kid is crazy. What things are running inside his mind? I continue to give my attention to Kyungsan to completely erase my concerns on Donghae. Even though Kyungsan thinks like a mature adult based on how he talks, it was fun teaching him. He tell jokes and he’s also sharing some funny and sad stories of his life. This kid is only 9 years old but it’s like he has been through a lot already. I don’t notice that Minho is not inside the library anymore. I still need to finish this before I could find him.

 

Yoona: “where is that guy?” I’ve been looking for Minho around the school since I’ve finished teaching Kyungsan. Minho must be playing a prank on me. That guy is such a prankster. I continue to look around but I still couldn’t find him. I should just go home. I’m sure he will go home if he finds out that I’m not here anymore.

Donghae: “Yoona!”

I know that voice. I just ignore him and pretend that I didn’t hear anything. Minho, where are you? I need your help right now. I walk as fast as I can so that he won’t follow me to where I will go but still, he reached my arm and stopped me from walking. 

Donghae: “can I talk to you?”
I should not fall for his words. It’s better if I’ll not hear what he will say.

Yoona: “there’s nothing to talk about”

I’m trying to let go from his grip but he’s holding it tightly

Yoona: “Please, let go of me Donghae!”

Donghae: “no, we should talk”

Yoona: “I told you that there’s nothing to talk about!” He’s really stubborn.

I don’t want to talk to him. If possible, I don’t want to see his face. It always reminds me of his betrayal.

Donghae: “there’s nothing to talk about? Because I think there is Yoona! Why are you so cold to me right now? I always call your name but you’re just ignoring me. I always look at you but you don’t even smile at me or wave at me. What’s wrong Yoona? Tell me!”

Yoona: “it’s not a must that I should always do that to you. Do you think that because you’re popular in school, you’re supposed to receive a special treatment from me? No”

Donghae: “I’m not asking a special treatment from you. I just want you to act as my friend. Wait… How did this talk become about special treatment? This doesn’t sound like you Yoona. You’re not like this to me before or to other people. Even before, when we’re still in this school, you never treat a person in a cold way unless you’re mad at that person. Did I do something to you because I don’t remember that I did?”

Yoona: “you really don’t know? You’re the one who’s been doing that to me and you didn’t know?”

Donghae: “I don’t know Yoona, that’s why I’m asking you. What did I do to you?”

Yoona: “yes.. You did something to me. I heard you and Jessica talking. You’re just using me to raise your popularity and make a better impression to other people. Is that how you think of me that’s why you want to be friends with me?”

Donghae: “you’ve heard it? And you believed it?”

Yoona: “of course I will believe it because it came straight from your mouth”

Donghae: “why didn’t you tell me earlier?”

Yoona: “because I’m so mad at you and because I’m so mad at you, I’ve ended up involving other people because of what you did!”

Donghae: “I’m seeking for your attention to tell you about this but it turns out that you’ve heard the wrong thing”

Yoona: “wrong thing? Right, at least you know that what you did is wrong”

Donghae: “everything that I said to Jessica was just a lie so that she won’t bother you anymore”

Yoona: “you lied to her? What do you mean?”

Donghae: “I don’t want to happen the same thing that happened to you because of Jessica that’s why I lied to her that. Look at your situation, you’re safe and you’re not hurt. If I didn’t do that, she might do more than what she did to you. Yoona, please believe me. I’m saying the truth. I never had an intention of using you and if I will use you, for what? For my own good? Doing something like this will never bring a good thing and it will never be”

Yoona: “you think I’d still believe you?”

Donghae: “I did that for your own sake not for me. It is hard for me too since I have to keep on lying to Jessica. Trust me, Yoona”

It’s like he’s saying the truth, I mean, who am I for him to use? I’m just like this and I’m not like Jessica. I don’t know if I should believe him and give my trust to him again but I think…..