Jaime's Life - No More What Ifs

It's You

“Everyone, this is Jaime, my girlfriend and the love of my life,” Yongguk says as he stands in front of his family. Shyly I stand next to him and look at everyone that’s there. It would be a lie to say that it’s not awkward meeting them. I met them briefly in the past, but only very briefly.

                I’ve always wanted to meet more of his family and talk with them, he’s met my family plenty of times, but I never wanted to mention it just in case he was never on good terms with them. I didn’t want to suddenly bring up something that held bad memories for him, so I never mentioned them, not even once. I never expressed my desire to go meet them and to introduce myself. After all, we’ve been dating for a long time.

                “She’s so pretty.”

                “Why haven’t you introduced her to us sooner?”

                “Good catch, bro.”

                Those types of things were said after Yongguk introduced me and I honestly feel a little embarrassed. I didn’t know that it would be like that. I take a quick glance over at Yongguk as he does the same to me and quietly holds my hand.

                “Why haven’t you brought her around sooner?” his mother asks.

                “I didn’t want to disturb her work,” he says with a chuckle. “And I never knew that you guys would be so happy to see her.”

                “Well, she looks like she’s quite something,” his mother says as a compliment towards me.

                “Ah, thank you,” I quickly say with a bow.

                “I should thank you for dealing with my son for the past couple of years. I had no idea that he was even dating a girl for that long.”

                I give Yongguk a sly glare after hearing his mother’s statement, to which he just nervously chuckles at. “Mom,” he complains, “I told you about her before.”

                “But you didn’t introduce us, how dare you,” his mother carefully jokes. “Jaime,” she says with a smile as she turns to me, “we have a lot to do to get to know each other better.”

                “Mom,” Yongguk complains, “don’t do that to her the very first meeting.”

                “Hey, hey, hey, the first meeting would’ve been sooner if someone didn’t keep us from meeting,” she retorts. I can already tell that she’s a fun person and I can see where Yongguk gets his firmness from.

                After everyone starts to get comfortable with one another, Yongguk’s twin brother comes up to where the two of us are sitting and talking with the rest of the family. “Yongnam,” Yongguk says with a smile as he looks up at him. Looking at the two, I honestly don’t think that I would be able to tell them apart from one another, but maybe if I spent more time with the two of them certain traits would become more visible than other ones.

                “Hey, younger brother,” Yongnam says with a smile. I can only tell them apart because one is standing and one is sitting, with the one sitting being Yongguk. “I was wondering if I would be able to speak with Jaime.”

                “Really?” Yongguk asks as he looks at me and then back at his brother.

               “Really,” he says as he nods his head. “It’s not like I’m going to attempt to take your girlfriend away from you, what type of brother would I be then?”

                “Alright,” Yongguk says with a laugh as he looks at me. “Go talk to him.”

                I nod my head as I get up and begin following Yongnam until we’re outside and we reach a clearing in the backyard. “Here, sit,” he says pointing to a space besides him. “I’m not going to bite.”

                “Hmm,” I say as I take a seat next to him. “So…why did you want to see me?”

                “I just wanted to talk to my future sister-in-law,” Yongnam slyly says as he looks at me with a smile and I try to hide mine. “You want to smile, you can,” he says as he gently pokes my side.

                “I didn’t know that Yongguk’s brother was a lot like him,” I say with a giggle.

                “Well, we’re twins, how can we not be?” he asks.

                “Dunno,” I say shrugging my shoulders.

                “Anyway,” he says as he begins again, “I just wanted to apologize for being such an idiot and for having you and Yongguk almost break up.”

                “Ah,” I say realizing the purpose behind the conversation. “It wasn’t your fault.”

                “Not my fault?” he asks with a shocked face, “how could it not be my fault? I mean you guys have been dating for forever and I can see how much you guys love each other. If only I were more careful in what I was doing, you guys wouldn’t have gone through that. I sincerely apologize, especially to you. You seem like a nice girl, I can’t imagine what you were going through.”

                “It’s nothing really,” I say sticking my hands up in an attempt to show him that it’s alright. Once Yongguk explained everything to me, I understood the whole story. It didn’t matter to me anymore and I realized how childish the whole thing was. If we just listened to each other from the beginning things would’ve been fine.

                “Whatever you say,” he says with a laugh. “Hey, I can tell you some secrets about Yongguk if you wanted.”

                “What kind of secrets?” I ask. “I’ve known him for so long.”

                “Oh, secrets that he wouldn’t dare tell anyone else,” Yongnam says with a smile. “Trust me when I say that I know a couple of things about Yongguk that he wouldn’t like other people to know, but since you’re his longtime girlfriend, his first girlfriend at that, I think you should have the honor of knowing everything.”

                As Yongnam leans close to whisper in my ear, a noise shocks us. “Bang Yongnam, what are you telling my wife?” Yongguk yells. “You better not tell her anything!”

                “Ah, oppa, so you do have things to tell?” I playfully ask as he approaches.

                “Yongnam,” Yongguk complains as he looks at his brother.

                “Sorry,” Yongnam chuckles as he looks at the two of us. I can tell that I’m going to love his family.

 

“Did you have fun today?” Yongguk asks as we arrive home.

                “Hmm,” I say as I nod my head. “Your family is really fun, I enjoyed my time with them.”

                “Well you should,” he jokingly says. “You must be tired, why don’t you get some sleep.”

                “I don’t want to,” I complain as I sit next to him on the couch and snuggle up against his arm. “It feels like forever since we had last done this, right?”

                “It does,” he softly says as his free hand begins to my hair. “I’m sorry for everything I’ve done. I’m sorry for not explaining it to you either.”

                “It’s me that’s done wrong,” I tell him. “I should’ve listened to you when you were trying to explain it to me, but I was simply just going with what I thought you were doing and didn’t listen to you at all.”

                “We were both wrong, let’s just leave it at that,” Yongguk says as he quickly ends the arguing about who’s right and who’s wrong. “I’m glad that I can come back to the house, though,” he adds with a gentle laugh.

                “Why wouldn’t you be able to?” I ask as I sit up and look at him. “Why wouldn’t you be able to come back?”

                “After that day when you saw me packing up and Jessica there, I thought that you would never see me again. I was afraid and I kept scolding myself thinking that I was never going to be able to come back with you, that you would go to Himchan and the two of you would fall in love and I’d never be able to be with you ever again.”

                “Oppa, you thought all of that?” I ask, a little surprised at his thinking.

                “That’s what was going through my mind as I saw you walk away, before I ran up to catch you. Jessica was telling me that I shouldn’t go after you, but then everything in my body said that I should, so that’s what I did. I followed what my instinct told me and I caught up to you. If I didn’t, I imagine that you would be Himchan’s by now.”

                “And why would you think that?”

                “Because…you guys have something special with each other. Maybe it’s just your lifelong friendship, but it’s something special.”

                “Oppa, it’s not a lifelong friendship,” I say with a slight pout, “he moved away during school and it’s the first time that I saw him since then.”

                “Come here,” Yongguk says as he moves over so that I’m leaning right up against him as he puts both of his arms around my shoulders. “Jaime, what if you had dated him in the past, would you still be mine today?”

                “What are you talking about?” I ask as I attempt to look up at him, but his grip is strong and I can’t move that much.

                “What if you dated Himchan, would you be with me then?”

                “Why are you asking all of these what ifs?”

                “Because, I’m just curious. I’m curious as to whether if you had all of these first special moments with Himchan, would you still be mine? Would I have met you in college and would we have gone through this?”

                “Probably not,” I say as I think about it,” I mean, we wouldn’t have gone through this considering that I don’t know if Himchan and I would’ve broken up and I don’t know if I would’ve hated him, and I don’t know if I would’ve been single if I met you, but let’s not think about that kind of stuff. Okay, oppa? No more what ifs.”

                “Alright,” he says as his grip on me gets even tighter as he pulls me closer. “No more what ifs, but can you answer a question for me.”

                “What is it?”

                “Did you like Himchan…in the past? I mean, during the time that you guys were in school together, did you like him?”

                “Oppa…” I hesitantly begin, how do I go about answering something like this?

               “I won’t hold your answer against you, Jaime,” Yongguk begins as he probably can feel my apprehensiveness. “Your answer is your answer, but I’m just curious as to whether or not you liked him from back then. You guys were friends for a long time and I know that practically anything could’ve happened. So, did you?”

                I manage to get out of Yongguk’s grasp and turn so that I can look at him right in the eyes. “Oppa, you know that I love you, right?”

                “I know, but Jaime, just answer the question. Like I said before, I’m not going to hold anything against you.”

                Nodding, I grab Yongguk’s hands as I still look at him in the eyes. “Yes,” I firmly say as I think back to my childhood. “I did. I did like Himchan back then. I thought he was sweet and cute and he always cared for me. I think that he had a special spot for me,” I say with a little laugh, “but that was the past, oppa. Remember that, alright?”

                “Alright,” he says, “thank you for answering me truthfully.”

                “Why wouldn’t I? I love you.”

                “And I love you,” he says as he quickly grabs me again and gently kisses me on the lips. “You have no idea how much I missed kissing you.”

                “Really now,” I say as I raise my eyebrow and look at him.

                “Really,” Yongguk says with a nod as he gently kisses me again. “Don’t plan anything for this weekend, alright?”

                “Why?”

                “Because I just said so, alright?”

                “Why?”

                “Because…”

                “Oppa,” I complain.

                “Why do you ask so many questions?” he asks with a chuckle. “Just don’t make any plans this weekend; your weekend is going to be filled with me.”

                “Is it now, okay, okay, I won’t.”

                “Good,” he says with a smile.

 

“Hello,” I say as I greet everyone in the building as I make my way up to the office. Officially, it’s the first day that no one is a trainee anymore, even though I wasn’t really a trainee from the start, at least I didn’t really feel like one. “Hello,” I say greeting Himchan as I enter the office.

                “Hey,” he says with a smile. “How have you been?”

                “Good,” I say nodding my head. “I’ve been good. Thank you.”

                “For what?”

                “For everything,” I say with a smile.

                “No need to thank me, I was just doing what I thought I should do.”

                “But thanks anyway,” I say.

                “Hey, um, Jaime,” he says stopping me before I can leave to go do my own separate work.

                “Yes?” I ask as I turn back to him.

                “Would you like to get lunch together today? Just as friends, just as friends. Hopefully Yongguk won’t read too much into things,” Himchan adds with a light chuckle.

                “I’d love to get lunch with you,” I say with a smile. “And I’m sure Yongguk-oppa won’t read too much into things.”

                “Okay,” he says as he nods his head. “I guess I’ll just stop by when I’m off and then we can go, alright?”

                “Alright,” I say with a nod as I think about the idea. “I guess I’ll see you then.”

                “Yup, I’ll see you then,” Himchan says as he watches me go off to do my own work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How is Himchan and Jaime's lunch going to go? Is it smooth sailing from here on out with Jaime and Yongguk? Will there be a sudden twist?

 

Here's Chapter 25. Hope you enjoyed :D

 

And the ending is coming soon. Perhaps maybe...2 more chapters of the regular story and then the alternate ending. I guess that's how it seems like it's going to go. It feels like the ending of this story came fast, right?

 

What do you think is going to happen?