Himchan's Life - Never Want to See You Cry

It's You

I stare at Jessica as she’s in Yongguk’s office. A thousand questions are roaming through my mind as to why she might possibly be in a place like that. Why is she in Yongguk’s office? Just what makes her want to be there, is Yongguk really cheating on Jaime? Am I a first witness to it? If I am, I surely can’t tell her. I know that she would be completely heartbroken at the thought of her first love, her first everything cheating on her. What type of person does that when they’re the first of that person? I know that I surely wouldn’t do anything like that if Jaime were my girlfriend. Does Yongguk not know about the person that he has right by his side? Sometimes I wonder what would happen if that were me…

                “Himchan-oppa,” she slowly whispers as she looks at me. From her eyes I can’t tell what’s going on. She’s hiding it, and frankly, she’s hiding it pretty darn well. It’s much better than what I remember when we were dating. It wasn’t even that long ago, how could she change it that fast? Or was everything that she had with me an act? I’m not sure and I kind of don’t even want to know, not that I ever did, but still, was she lying to me?

                Maybe I shouldn’t even be the one talking. Back during high school, I was the one that used to play other girls. I was the one that used to have girls falling all over me and not care. Did they feel like this when I broke up with them? Even though I did the breaking up, was finding out that I could easily get another girlfriend this saddening? I don’t even know why I’m sad. Is it because I finally might realize the truth that Jaime doesn’t know yet or is it because I’ve been slightly beat at my own game? I’m not sure.

                “What are you doing here?” I immediately ask Jessica in a slightly cold voice. I just don’t want any of her antics right now. Everything just seems too crazy for her to be making up lies. I just want the straight truth and nothing less and nothing more. I want to know what’s going on because I want to help Jaime. I want to help Jaime figure everything out before it’s too late for her relationship. She really seems happy with Yongguk and I want her to continue being happy with him.

                “What does it look like I’m doing here?” she asks.

                “You’re just standing there,” I say. I don’t really know what else to say to her. I don’t know why but I’m suddenly getting angrier at her. Maybe it’s because of the fact that I don’t like her anymore and the fact that maybe, just maybe she’s with Yongguk and that’s making Jaime’s life miserable, or maybe it’s because of something else that I don’t completely understand. Whatever the reason is, slowly, Jessica is starting to make me angry. “You know what,” I say suddenly coming to a conclusion. “I’m leaving, I don’t need to know what you’re doing here and I don’t need to know about Yongguk and your private life together.”

                I make my way towards the door and leave Jessica standing at the exact same place that I found her when I opened the door. I don’t care about her and Yongguk, I don’t care about what she’s doing in his office, and frankly, I don’t care about the reason why he isn’t in his office. It doesn’t matter to me anymore. Nothing matters. Maybe the truth will hurt me, but once I figure out the truth, it will be impossible for me not to tell Jaime. Maybe not hearing the truth will be better for everyone.

                Soon after I leave the office, I hear high heels following me and I know that they’re Jessica’s. “Stop, please,” I hear her say as her hand reaches out onto my arm to stop me.

                “Why?” I ask. “We have nothing with each other anymore. What does it matter whether I stop or not?”

                “Because, you should know the truth.”

                “And the truth is that we’re broken up so I shouldn’t care anymore,” I say getting away from her grasp and continue walking until I hear her voice again.

                “Just so you know, I’m pregnant.”

 

I skip dinner. I skip eating entirely. How can I eat with that news now eating at me? I didn’t ask questions, I just continued walking. Is it my baby? Is it Yongguk’s? I know that I’m not the purest person around when it comes to that type of thing, but doing the math in my head, it doesn’t seem right. It doesn’t seem like it would be my baby…but I don’t want to automatically assume that it’s Yongguk’s baby either. Everything just seems to be too surreal right now; I can’t seem to do anything. It’s quite something.

                “Are you okay? You seem spaced out,” Gongchan says as we both sit on the living room couch and watch television. It’s after dinner so we have nothing to do, but I didn’t really eat much of dinner. “Are you hungry? You barely ate.”

                “No thanks, Channie,” I say showing him a smile. “I’m just not hungry, that’s all. And no, I’m not sick.”

                Gongchan just stares at me for a moment before nodding his head. He knows better than to ask questions that he knows I won’t answer for him. I can’t even answer some of the questions for myself right now.

                I still try to do the math, though. If Jessica is pregnant with my baby, and saying that she is telling the truth, then we would have had to sleep with each other within the past month or so I believe. Then again, I’m no baby expert, but I’m pretty sure that that’s the time frame that we’re messing with when it comes to being pregnant. However, I haven’t slept with her for the longest time, at least I don’t think I have. Ever since Jaime came into the office, I haven’t slept with Jessica.

                Maybe that’s when I started liking her, when Jaime came into the office. Maybe my feelings for Jessica slowly faded when I realized that my feelings for Jaime had not yet died and they were right in front of me.

                I hadn’t seen Jaime for seven years and then she suddenly came back into my life. I never got to confess to her, I never got to tell her how I truly feel about her. I never got to do any of that stuff, but then here I am, just wallowing in the past. It’s something I regret, though, never confessing to her and never telling her about how I truly felt. Maybe we shouldn’t be friends, but she needs a friend now more than ever, I’m pretty sure about it. I can’t just drop her as a friend because of something so stupid, something so simple that happened back when we were teenagers. I just can’t.

                “You know,” Gongchan begins, “is there something that I can help you with?”

                “What do you mean?” I ask looking at him.

                “I mean, you haven’t seem to be yourself for the past couple of days. Are you sure that there’s nothing wrong with you? It just seems like you became someone different.”

                “And is that good or is that bad?” I joke.

                “I don’t know,” he says shrugging his shoulders. “But you helped me with my relationship with Mihwa and I just feel like I should help you in return.”

                “Thanks, Channie,” I say with a smile. “But I just need to figure some things out on my own first. It’s nothing complicated and nothing your hyung can’t handle, alright? And don’t you have a date with Mihwa tonight?”

                “I do,” Gongchan says nodding his head with a smile. “But I just wanted to see if you needed help first.”

                “Well thank you,” I say giving him a smile in return. “But you can go on your date. I’ll be perfectly fine here by myself.”

                Gongchan doesn’t say anything and heads upstairs to get ready for his date with Mihwa. Meanwhile, I just continue sitting on the couch and flipping channels. I continue to do that even a little bit past when Gongchan leaves to go meet up with her. The only thing that gets me off of the couch is hearing the doorbell ring.

                “Hello?” I ask as I open the door without even seeing who’s there first.

                “Himchan,” a familiar voice says.

                “Yongguk,” I say sighing. He’s not the person that I want to see at this very moment. “How did you even figure out where I live?”

                “I asked your company,” he simply said.

                “Um…okay, but why are you here?” I ask him. I don’t have a reason as to why Yongguk would be standing at my door or even why he would research where I live. It just seems like something is up, but whatever it is, I don’t want to have anything to do with it.

                Then again, is he here because of Jessica? Has Jessica told him about being pregnant and now he’s come to say that the baby is mine and not his? Does he even know about Jessica’s pregnancy?

                “I’m looking for Jaime,” Yongguk says. “Is she here?”

                “Here?” I ask pointing at the house. “Why in the world would she be here? She doesn’t know where I live either.”

                “True,” Yongguk mutters to himself. “Thanks anyway.”

                As he goes and turns to walk away, I stop him. “Why are you looking for Jaime? Don’t you know where she is?”

                “I don’t,” he says shaking his head. “If I did, then I wouldn’t have come.”

                “So you’re saying she’s missing.”

                “She ran off and I have no idea where she went,” Yongguk admits. “But I’m going to look for her, I’m going to find her. Thank you and sorry for bothering you.”

                “It’s alright,” I say as I stare at him as he runs down the street. “Yongguk!” I yell after him. “I’ll look for her, too, alright? I’ll…I’ll call you if I know anything.”

                “Thank you!” he yells back.

                Hurriedly, I make my way inside the house and grab my jacket and put my sneakers on before I’m out in the street. Where in the world could Jaime go? I don’t even know why she’s missing in the first place, the only thing I have to go off of is the fact that Yongguk said that he doesn’t know where she is. I don’t know what happened with them. Suddenly, though, I think of the box. Did Jaime confront him about the box?

                Our conversation from the day when she told me about the box echoes in my mind. She was afraid of him cheating, she was afraid of everything with her relationship going wrong. Did she confront him to try and get comfort?

                I pull out my phone and attempt to call her, but like I suspected, it’s turned off. Then that means that something bad must’ve happened. Did Yongguk admit to cheating on her or did Jaime just not want to hear anything? I’ll probably never know, and at this moment, I don’t care. The only thing I want to do is to help Jaime and to find her. I want to protect her.

                If Jaime did have an argument with Yongguk, then the only place that I can actually assume that she went was the first place that she and Yongguk spent time together, the place that he was planning on proposing to her. But I don’t know where that place is. I don’t know anything about it, not even the name or what it looks like. How am I supposed to find anything out now?

                Would Zelo and Jongup know about it? They always spent a lot of time with Jaime and with the fact that they also know Yongguk; they probably probed Jaime a lot about their relationship such as where they met and things like that. They probably asked a lot of questions, so many that it became annoying to her, but would they know?

                “Hyung?” Zelo asks as he answers the phone. “Why are you calling?”

                “Listen, answer a question for me,” I tell them.

                “Okay, what question? Should I get Jongup-hyung?”

                “You should,” I say. I wait a couple of seconds before I hear both of their voices on the line. “Now, did Jaime ever tell you two about how she and Yongguk met?”

                “Yeah, she did,” Zelo excitedly says.

                “Now, did she ever tell you about the place that she and Yongguk first went to?”

                “She said it was a club,” Zelo said.

                “Not-uh,” Jongup said. “She said it was that field, remember that field or hill or something?”

                “That? I thought it was a club,” Zelo said.

                “They were in the club, but Jaime-noona was uncomfortable so he brought her to a field where they then just sat there after they changed from their dorms in college,” Jongup said.

                “Zelo, it seems like Jongup remembers better than you do,” I say with a laugh as I slightly poke fun at the younger of the two. “But if it’s a field, do you remember where it’s near, Jongup?”

                “I think I remember her saying that Yongguk-hyung said it was near his home, which I don’t think is far.”

                “Alright, thanks, now you two, practice hard.”

                “Alright, hyung,” they both chorused at the same time before I hung up the phone.

                It’s a field, near Yongguk’s house, where he first brought her. That has to be where Jaime is. If she did confront him about the box and something did happen between them, then she probably went to the place where they were first together to think about their memories. At least that’s what the Jaime that I used to know would probably do in that type of situation.

                Hopping on a bus after I figured out where they went to college, I go off in an attempt to find the place that means everything to Jaime. I don’t know what’ll happen when I find it and I don’t even know if she’ll be there, but that doesn’t matter. If Jaime isn’t there, then that’s one place that’s down, but if she is, then what do I do? What do I say to someone who’s world seems like it’s falling apart? During high school I never said the right thing and even now I have trouble with it sometimes, but this is Jaime that we’re talking about. I love her.

                I love her. That’s why I’m going to find her, that’s why I’ll forget about her if she really loves Yongguk. If she really wants to spend the rest of her life with him, I’ll forget her and move on, and it’s all because I love her.

                I get off of the bus and ask a few locals where something like a hill could be. They all said that there was only one place and that it would only take five minutes to get there by walking.

                Slowly, I walk up the hill. Slowly, I wonder what would happen if I were to steal Jaime away from Yongguk. As much as I want to, as much as I probably thought about it, I can’t. I can’t just steal her away. If this were years ago and we were still in high school, I would’ve done it without a doubt. But things are different now.

                Reaching the top of the hill, I see a figure staring off into the distance on the side that overlooks the city and I don’t need to look twice to see that it’s Jaime there. Her body is hunched over and she doesn’t notice me approaching.  Her crying becomes clearer with every step I take and it takes every ounce of courage I have to wrap my arms around her from the back and to hold her tight.

                “Don’t cry,” I whisper.

                “Himchan-oppa,” she says. I can hear the shock in her voice at my appearance.

                “Don’t cry, please,” I whisper to her again. “I hate it. I never want to see you cry.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's going to happen between Jaime and Himchan now? What's going to happen between Jaime and Yongguk? Is Jessica really pregnant? Who's baby is it? Himchan's? Yongguk's? 

 

Here's Chapter 22. Hope you enjoyed :D

 

Well, it seems like the race is close as to who you want Jaime to end up with, Yongguk or Himchan. Right now, Yongguk has a lead, but it's not by that many votes, and I'm pretty sure that it could turn around t any time, but this vote doesn't determine who Jaime ends up with anyway, haha.

 

And like I said in my other stories, sorry for not updating in such a long time!

And like I said in the last chapter, I think this fanfic is going to come to an end soon. And with the ending of one fanfic comes the starting of another. So there's another poll to vote in to see who should be the main characters in my next fanfic.