Jaime's Life - I Know, You Know

It's You

What have I done? What just happened? Did I really just kiss Himchan? “Youngjae,” Himchan says as he looks over and sees another person standing there. What happened to Jessica? Wasn’t she just standing there?

                “Hey guys, what are you doing?” this Youngjae person asks as he stares at me and Himchan. Did he see the kiss?

                “Um…I’m going to lunch with you,” Himchan says with a smile. “Why, what else do you think we were doing?” Himchan gives me an uneasy look, but I try not to show anything. I know that we’re both probably wondering what just happened between us. What did just happen?

                “Well then let’s get going,” Youngjae says with a big smile. Is he really not going to say anything about what just happened? Are neither of them going to say anything?

                “I’ll see you later, okay, Jaime?” Himchan asks as he starts making his way towards the door.

                “Yeah, yeah,” I say nodding my head. “I’ll see you later.”

                With that, Himchan and Youngjae leave and I’m left standing in an empty office attempting to process everything that just happened. What did just happen? I kissed Himchan. Why? I love Yongguk and only Yongguk.  Sure, Himchan was something of the past, but we never actually had a relationship before. It was only a friendship and while surely I had a crush on him, we just remained friends and that was it. Why would I suddenly just kiss him upon request?

                Do I feel like I need to prove our fake relationship to Jessica? Is it because I wanted to save him from having to deal with his now ex-girlfriend? I don’t know the exact feelings that I experienced during the situation since it feels like I wasn’t experiencing or feeling anything.

                Deciding that I’m hungry myself, I make my way out of the office building to go grab some lunch. I don’t know what I’m having or what I’m hungry for, I just know that I need some time to think about what just happened.

                “Noona, what are you doing here?” a familiar voice asks as I look up and see Zelo and Jongup standing there.

                “What are you guys doing here?” I ask slightly shocked. “Shouldn’t you guys be practicing or something?”

                “We came here to eat,” Zelo explains as he takes a seat on one side of me and Jongup takes the seat on the other side.

                “And actually,” Jongup continues, “we have the day off today. It’s funny running into you here.”

                “I guess it is,” I say with a slight laugh. It feels good to see them here. I don’t know, it’s nice to have someone here eating lunch with me after what just happened back at the office.

                “Noona, is there something bothering you?” Zelo asks.

                “What are you talking about?”

                “You seem like you’re sad,” he says as he studies my face. “Did something happen between you and Yongguk-hyung?”

                “No, no, no,” I say shaking my head. “Nothing happened between us. We’re perfectly fine.”

                “Okay, good,” he says with a smile. “You know, I like you and hyung together. You guys seem like a really good couple. I want you guys to have kids and get married too.”

                “It’s a little too early to be thinking about that,” I say with a smile.

                “But you guys have been together for the longest time, haven’t you? It’s never too early to think about that stuff,” Jongup interjects. “If I found the girl that I really loved and was together with her for a long time I would want to marry her.”

                “Have you and Yongguk-hyung talked about marriage?” Zelo curiously asks.

                “Not…not really, I mean, nothing ever like formal about it,” I say shrugging my shoulders.

                “Well I think you guys should,” Jongup says.

                “I second that,” Zelo says agreeing. “You guys are going to get married in the future and that’s final.”

                “Sure, sure,” I say with a slight laugh. “You guys can be in the wedding then.”

                “Yes!” they both yell at the same time.

 

 “Are you okay?” Yongguk asks as he goes into the living room and sits next to me on the couch after my long and slightly stressful day at work.

                “Hmm?” I ask looking up from my piles of papers that I’m supposed to be working on.

                “You seem…out of it, are you okay?” he asks as he begins reading some of the papers.

                “I’m perfectly fine,” I attempt to reassure him, but it doesn’t seem like he’s buying any of it.

                As soon as I got home, I attempted to tell him about the kiss that happened between Himchan and me. I attempted to tell Yongguk that I was the one that initiated the kiss, but in the end, words failed me and I wasn’t able to.

                “There’s something on your mind, you know you can tell me anything,” Yongguk says taking the papers from me.

                “Yea, I know,” I sigh as I turn and look at him. “What if I told you I was in a fake relationship?”

                “Fake relationship? You’re cheating on me?” he asks. Half of it sounds serious and the other half sounds like it’s joking.

                “Yea, fake relationship,” I say. “What if I told you that this one guy is saying that him and I are dating just to make this other girl leave him alone?”

                “It depends on who the guy is.”

                “Himchan,” I quietly say.

                “Then I would say that it’s okay.”

                “What?” I ask in disbelief. “You’re saying it’s okay?”

                “Why wouldn’t it be okay?”

                “I…I don’t know,” I say as I shrug my shoulders. “I didn’t think you would think it’s okay.”

                “As long as you two aren’t doing something that I would disapprove of, I think it’s okay,” Yongguk says giving a smile and pulling me close to him. “I understand that you’re doing it for a friend, but if you’re doing it, then that means that Himchan and Jessica broke up, right?”

                “Yea they did.”

                “Do you know why?”

                “Not really,” I say shaking my head. “He never really talked about her even when they were dating.”

                “I see,” Yongguk says nodding his head along to what I’m saying. “As long as you stay by my side I’ll be happy.”

                “I’ll always stay by your side, weirdo,” I mutter.

                “Aw, love you too,” Yongguk says with a laugh as he kisses the top of my head.

                “Why don’t you guys get a room?” Daehyun asks as he walks into the living room. “Or better yet, why don’t you guys get married already?” What is with everyone and talking about us getting married? Do they all really want us to get married that badly? Surely I would marry Yongguk, but my job just began, I can’t suddenly take off already because I’m getting married.

                “Funny,” Yongguk said looking at Daehyun. “But marriage comes later. Right now we’re both focusing on our careers. If you’re so interested in getting married, then why don’t you find yourself a girlfriend?”

                “You know what, maybe I will,” Daehyun jokes as he leaves with a pout on his face.

                “We should set him up with someone,” I say looking at Yongguk as we both laugh.

                “I’m sure he’ll be able to get a girlfriend, he’s Daehyun, all of the girls like him.”

                “Sure, sure, of course they do.”

                “Don’t tell me, Jaime,” Yongguk says looking at me with wide eyes. “Don’t tell me that you like him, too.”

                “Of course,” I say looking at him and rolling my eyes. “I absolutely love Jung Daehyun more than Bang Yongguk.”

                “You better not,” Yongguk says with a seriousness in his tone that lets me know that he’s joking. Of course he would joke about that, he knows that I only love him. “Jaime, I forgot to tell you this.”

                “What?” I curiously ask.

                “I have things to do tomorrow so I won’t be home until late, alright?”

                “Things to do?” I questioningly ask. What types of things would he have to do? He should be resting but instead he says that he’s going to do things. “You should be resting.”

                “Resting,” Yongguk says nodding his head. “I think I’ve done enough resting so far. I’m going to just run some simple errands, how about that? I know how much you’ll worry about me so I just wanted to make sure that it’s okay that I went.”

                I sigh. There’s no getting around that and I guess Yongguk has had his time of resting. “I guess,” I mutter. “You can go out, but only if you promise not to overwork yourself or anything. We don’t need another accident on our hands.”

                “Of course, I wouldn’t want to make you worried again.”

                “You better not,” I say sticking my tongue out at him.

                “Oh, so your ride, tomorrow,” Yongguk says getting back onto the original conversation. “Since Daehyun also has something to do, since I already asked him if he would be able to pick you up, why don’t you have Himchan drop you off?”

                “Huh?” I ask Yongguk. Why would he just suddenly tell me that I should have Himchan drop me off at the house?

                “Have Himchan drop you off at home, simple,” Yongguk says as he stands up off of the couch. “It’s really nothing, I trust you two together.”

                “You trust us together? Have I ever given you a reason not to trust me?”

                “True, true, true,” Yongguk says as he heads towards the stairs. “I’m going to be upstairs and watching over some videos of trainees. Don’t stay up too late doing your work, alright?”

                “Alright, goodnight,” I say as I watch him disappear up the stairs.

               

“You told Yongguk about our fake relationship?” Himchan asks me as we’re out eating lunch together. The morning went well, nothing much to do, and the afternoon apparently is going to be easy too. Himchan even said that if we wanted to, we could possibly leave earlier than expected.

                “Yea I told him, why not?” I ask taking a big bite out of my Caesar salad.

                “I don’t know,” he says shrugging his shoulders. Something seems fishy with him, but I’m not going to ask him since it might be something that doesn’t involve me. However, he has been acting strange these past couple of days. I wonder what from.

                “Has Jessica been bothering you lately?” I ask him as we’re walking back to the office together.

                “It was only just yesterday,” Himchan says with a light chuckle. I can tell that he’s thinking about the kiss and I’ve been doing my best to keep it off of my mind. That’s something that I haven’t told Yongguk about yet. Actually, I don’t think I’m ever planning on telling him, ever. Maybe I will, but for right now, it’s just a little secret that has yet to be exposed.

                “S-s-still,” I stutter.

                “Well no, for your information,” he says with a smile. As we reach the office doors, his phone rings and he talks with the person on the other line for a little before he shoves his cell phone back into his pocket.

                “Who was that?” I ask.

                “Boss,” Himchan says sighing.

                “Is it something bad? Something good?”

                “I don’t know, but I just need to go get some work done. He told me to tell you that you have off for the rest of the day. I can quickly go and drop you off.”

                “Okay,” I say nodding my head.

                Himchan and I make our way outside to where Himchan’s car is. I wonder what Himchan got called for, but I know that if I ask him he probably won’t answer me. Maybe he’s not allowed to answer or maybe it’s something else, but whatever the reason, I know that he  probably won’t give me any of the answers I’m looking for.

                “I’ll see you tomorrow?” Himchan hopefully asks as we arrive at the house.

                “Of course, it’s my job,” I say with a smile. “Bye. Hope you do well on whatever you have to do.”

                “Yea, thanks,” Himchan scoffs before he drives away.

                I arrive back home to the empty house since Yongguk and Daehyun are both somewhere doing something. I didn’t know that Yongguk had anything planned with his injury. Then again, I guess I would be tired of staying inside all of the time, too. I wonder what he’s doing, though.

                “What should I do for the rest of the day?” I mutter to myself as I change out of my work clothes and into more comfortable clothes. That’s when I get the idea that I should clan the house. It feels like a very long time since I was last able to give this house a good cleaning and I think that it’s overdue.

                After rummaging through the house to find my cleaning stuff, I finally find it and begin setting to work. I haven’t realized how much dust and things have been collecting in corners. I should’ve known better than to think that Yongguk and Daehyun were going to clean the house while I was away at work. Then again, Yongguk was at work too and Daehyun had school before. Actually, I’m pretty glad that they didn’t clean because I’m sure everything would’ve been in a different place than where it first was.

                As I drag the vacuum back upstairs and place it into our closet, I accidentally hit the closet, which results in a box falling down that catches my attention. “What’s this?” I mutter to myself as I pick up the box. I know I shouldn’t snoop, but I don’t know if it’s my box or not. For all I know it could have important papers and documents in it that I might need in the future. I don’t remember it, maybe it was hidden and lost until right now. However, opening up the box has to be the worst mistake ever. I stare at the contents in the box as my eyes grow wide.

                In the box there is a picture of Yongguk and Jessica acting close with one another and in the next one it looks like they’re all alone in a restaurant. What pushes me over the edge of confusion though is a picture of Himchan and me kissing from yesterday. How in the world would that come into my house? Does that mean that all of these pictures are Yongguk’s? How does Yongguk even know any of this? Why is he seen acting all intimately with Jessica? Has he been cheating on me?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why does Yongguk have the box? Does he already know about Jaime and Himchan's kiss? Where did Yongguk go to for the day? Who took the pictures? What is Yongguk planning for Sunday?

 

Here is Chapter 19. Hope you enjoyed :D