Chapter 9

One Last Wish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpXy3HzAn3E

 

Yoo-Ra and her husband were ecstatic once Mi-Young broke the news to them about Doojoon and her being engaged.

*Wow. I'm engaged. Doojoon's my fiancée.* It was still taking Mi-Young a while to get used to the idea but she was over the moon, possibly the happiest girl alive.

It had been a week since she returned to the orphanage after her mishap with Hana but Ji-Hoon eventually forgave her. It was Monday and Doojoon had gone to work and Mi-Young made her way to the orphanage for the day. The weather had suddenly got a lot cooler, the end of summer, making Mi-Young dress in something warmer than her usual dresses. So she chose smart trousers and a blouse.

As she got out of her car, her eyes wandered across the orphanage car park and she noticed a very expensive looking Audi parked near the entrance. *Hmm...I've never seen that car parked here before.*

She strolled into the orphanage aimlessly and headed towards the office where she had to work with accounts for the day. She happily walked into the office where Ji-Hoon and another colleague were sat chatting and working on their computers.

"Oh Mi-Young, you're here!" Ji-Hoon stood up and walked towards her. "There's someone I need to you to show around and introduce to the other workers. Here, this is Kim Jaejoong."

A man in a smart suit turned stood up from his seat and turned around, walked towards Mi-Young and greeted her in a charming manner.

Once she recognised who it was, her smile disappeared.  *Not this guy.* She wouldn't forget a gorgeous, arrogant face like that anywhere.

"Mr Kim has brought his mother along with him today for his first and was hoping to volunteer 3-4 times a week. Isn't that great?" Ji-Hoon informed before sitting back at his desk. "Here's the forms need you to fill in with Mr Kim and bring them back to me afterwards alright? I Expect you won't forget that?"

Mi-Young politely bowed her head her left the office, with Mr Kim following close behind her.

they walked back out to the foyer and met Jaejoong's mother.

"Mum, this is Miss Lee, she also volunteers here." Jaejoong introduced. *Soon to be Mrs Yoon,* Mi-Young thought excitedly.

"Hello, nice to meet you. I need you first to fill in these forms as a matter of safety and then I can introduce both of you to the children."

Jaejoong's mother placed her hands together and grinned widely, feeling grateful to be there, whilst Jaejoong stood there intently watchng Mi-Young with his hands in his trouser pockets.

After finding out that Mrs Kim was only coming for that one day, Mi-Young decided it was okay for her to be introduced to the kids straight after the filling out the forms.

The orphans automatically loved Mrs Kim and vice versa. "if there's any problem, talk to one of the nannies or phone Ji-Hoon in the office, he'll come running. Bye." Mi-Young waved from the doorway and shut the door after her and Jaejoong.

"So Mr Kim, if you're going to be here long term I'm going to need to do a CRB check before we start," stated Mi-Young, ignoring the fact that there was a flawless looking man standing in front of her.

Jaejoong scoffed, "is that necessary?"

Mi-Young raised her eyebrow and said, "do you want us to think you're a e? Are you a e Mr Kim?"

he rolled his eyes and replied, "no, of course not!" he sighed, "you may do a CRB check."

"Thank you," Mi-Young bluntly replied and walked off with the paperwork in her hand. He ran after her and gently grabbed hold of her shoulder to turn her around to face him.

"Actually, truth is, I'm not interested in working with the orphans directly, more like behind the scenes work."

"Which is what Mr Kim?" looked at him as if he was wasting her time.

"What part do you work in usually?"

"Finance and accounts."

"Then I'll work there too." His eyes shifted from Mi-Young's face slowly down to her chest area, making her feel uncomfortable.

Mi-Young scoffed and rolled her eyes. *This guy is impossible.* "Why are you here Mr Kim?"

"I've already told you to help-"

"-the community. Yes, I know, you've said that. But why here? Why an orphanage?"

Jaejoong's smug look disappeared, "the same reason why you're here Miss Lee, to help these children. What's more rewarding than helping these children who are dying of cancer etc.?" Vulnerability appeared in his eyes.

Mi-Young still needed convincing why Jaejoong was the right guy for this job. *This guy is so hard to read.*

"What's the problem? Why don't you think I'm suitable for this job?"

"Because you seem like the kind of guy who's here to up your ego. To make you feel better about yourself," Mi-Young harshly accused.

"Is this the type of person you are Mi-Young? Someone so hostile and matter of fact?"

"Don't judge me," 

"But it's okay for you to judge me?"

"Like I said at the cafe last week, you don't know me."

"So, then let me." Jaejoong admitted. Mi-Young gave him a puzzled look.

"Let me get to know you."

Mi-Young's face softened at his request. "Mr Kim-"

"How many times have I told you to call me Jaejoong. Mr Kim was my father." Jaejoong seriously stated. An awkward silence built in the room.

"Jaejoongie!" a sweet voice called down the corridor. Jaejoong and Mi-Young both turned around and saw Jaejoong's mother walking down the corridor with a 2 year old boy in her arms.

Mi-Young warmly smiled. "Hello, Mrs Kim, how has your day been?"

"Absolutely wonderful. I'm so glad that Jaejoong will be part of the great team here."

Mi-Young looked away uncomfortably.

"Actually mum, Mi-Young's not sure if I'm the right guy for the job."

Mrs Kim looked at Mi-Young in cofusion and said, "is this true?"

"It's a big decision we have to make, Mrs Kim."

"Oh please Miss Lee. Jaejoong is such a perfect son. He's excelled with numbers, DIY, anything. You name it, he can do it."

"Alright then. Jaejoong, how good are you with budgets?" Asked Mi-Young, giving Jaejoong a chance to prove himself worthy, knowing this guy had some charisma and charm about him and also the orphanage needed help with their finance issues.

Jaejoong smirked and replied, "now you're talking." He ran his hand through his soft black hair. *Oh, wow. How can someone be so good-looking? He looks like a god.* Mi-Young thought, not taking her eyes off the man who was now the orphanage's new budget associate.

"Thank you so much Miss Lee. I Know he won't let you down," Mrs Kim gushed and handed Mi-Young the 2 year old boy.

"Thank you for your help today Mrs Kim. I really appreciate it."

Jaejoong followed him mother out of the orphanage entrance, but before he left the building, he stopped and turned to Mi-Young, who had a tired look on her face.

"Thank you. I won't make you regret this," Jaejoong gratefully expressed.

Mi-Young curtly nodded and gave him a slight smile. "See you tomorrow. Don't be late."