Chapter 24

One Last Wish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFqBbDfu1ow

 

It was the evening of Mi-Young and Doojoon's engagement party. It was only early still and Doojoon and Mi-Young were setting up the party together in one of the luxury hotels downtown.

"Excuse me Miss, where would you like the bar set-up?" asked one of the hotel employees, holding a large case of champagne.

"Just over there is fine." Mi-Young casually wave her hand in the air whilst checking the emails on her phone. The employee gave her a puzzled look from Mi-Young's vague response. Doojoon noticed the situation. "You can just set it up by the flowers over there," he directed the employee.

Suddenly, Doojoon snatched Mi-Young's phone out of her hand and dropped it onto one of the tables.

"Hey!" she protested, with an annoyed look of her face.

"Would you mind getting off your phone for one moment?" Doojoon angrily whispered in her ear.

"I have emails to reply to!" Mi-Young answered back.

Doojoon passed Mi-Young's phone back to her and thought about how it may have been something important at the orphanage, not wanting to upset his fiance.

The time flew by and soon enough Mi-Young changed into her dress as the party was beginning to start. Doojoon dressed smartly in a fine, dapper black suit as Mi-Young looked stunning as usual, in a strapless pink gown.

Guests flooded in through the entrance doors. Champagne was handed out and Mi-Young and Doojoon took charge of greeting their friends and family. "Thank you so much for coming. It is lovely to see you again."Doojoon gushed as friends of his parents arrived. Mi-Young coudl tell he was nervous as he was never the type of guy to throw a party this big but she thought she was doing an excellent job.

Mi-Young didn't know hardly anybody except the few of Doojoon's work colleagues, Dongwoon and his recepionist, Yeon-Jae. Mi-Young leaned in close to Doojoon and whispered, "is there a reason why I don't know any of these people?"

"Well you don't know them. I met them all in Busan, when I moved there years ago.Why? What's wrong?"

Mi-Young scanned the room in hope and search she would see someone she knew. Anyone. But there was no-one who looked familiar to her. She nodded and gave a distant smile. "It's fine. I'm just going to freshen up in the ladies toilets."

"But the party's only just started..."

"I'll only be a few minutes." Mi-Young shuffled through the guests mingling with eachother. "Congratulations," they fawned.

Mi-Young entered the ladies toilets which were exquisitely decorated with marble and bouquets of gorgeous lily's. She came out of the toilet cubicle and washed her hands. Drying them with a towel, she looked up at herself in the mirror. Her face looked strained and body frail. She didn't know anyone at this party and every second they felt more distant to her.

Suddenly, two ladies, about her age, walked into the bathroom laughing and chatting. Mi-Young could tell they were having a great time but shame, she wasn't. She faced them and smiled but the two ladies carried on walking past and went to the toilet.

*My own engagement party and no-one even knows I'm the girl who is getting married.*

Her phone rang and brought her out of her own thoughts. "Hello?"

"Where are you?"

It was Doojoon.

"I'm just in the toilets. I'll be out in a second."

"I need you to be here right now."

She hung up the phone and strolled back into the dinner hall. She noticed Doojoon talking with a couple. The other man looked handsome and the lady was beautiful. Mi-Young couldn't see her front but from the back, she looked beautiful. Her figure was curvaceous and her long, obviously dyed, hair fell down her back. Mi-Young slowly made her way over after helping herself to another glass of champagne.

Once she reacher the three of them, Doojoon looked apprehensive and placed his hand in Mi-Young's hand.

"Mi-Young, it's been such a long time." A sweet but harsh voice greeted.

Mi-Young froze. That voice. She knew that voice. That voice she hadn't heard for 3 years. It was a voice she was hoping to never hear again. went dry as she tried to find the right words to say. She turned to head slightly to the right and there was the exact person she was no expecting to see. Her sister, Eun-Bi.

Mi-Young had forgotten a lot of things about her sister. The way she dressed, The way she wore her hair. But these things, Mi-Young just merely wanted to forget and had blocked out of her memory, thinking she wouldn't see her again after her betrayel. Seeing her face again, brought back all of Mi-Young's anger. *Why is she here? I told Doojoon I didn't want her here!*

Mi-Young swiftly her heels without a smile and walked away, leaving Eun-Bi and the man she thought was Eun-Bi's new man and Doojoon standing there shocked by her abruptness.

As she reached the decadent lobby, Mi-Young's hand was grabbed by Doojoon's who spun her round to face him. "Well, that was rude."

"What the hell are you doing inviting her here?" Mi-Young questioned, demandingly.

Doojoon stood there silent, knowing he had done wrong.

"Why did you do it, Doojoon? Why is she here?" Mi-Young voice was getting louder and louder and guests were starting to stare at the couple argued in the lobby.

Doojoon suddenly escorted Mi-Young quietly out of the lobby and pulled her towards a quiet room off one of the corridors. He stood in front of her, giving her a stern look.

"Just tell me, why did you invite her when i specifically told you not to?"

"Because she's your sister, MiMi!" Doojoon shouted.

"She slept with my husband!" Mi-Young composed herself and fought against what she really wanted to say.

He narrowed his eyes. "Where is your mind today, Mi-Young?

"Excuse me?" a confused Mi-Young ask.

"You're here but you're not really here. Your mind is somewhere else."

"I don't know anyone here! The one person I do know, I'd rather see dead!" Mi-Young's cruel words shocked Doojoon.

"That was 3 years ago. She slept with Yoochun 3 years ago!"

"Of course you wouldn't understand...You always found every excuse to hurt Yoochun, didn't you? But you could never say a word to hurt Eun-Bi!" Mi-Young sobbed.

Doojoon gripped her shoulders with both of his hands. "I can't say anything without you taking it the wrong way all the time!"

Mi-Young pointed her hand towards her chest. "And you suppose that's my fault? Inviting my sister here wasn't what I wanted! You knew that!" She snapped back.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Doojoon sarcastically mocked. "I didn't realise you were so heartless to have none of your family at the wedding!"

Tear fell down Mi-young's face. "The only family I have is Eun-Bi."

"Exactly. Maybe you should stop being selfish all the time. If you did, you'd realise that there are plenty of people here that know who you are and who love you." Doojoon ran his fingers through his hair in frustration.

He suddenly passed her her fur shrug.

Mi-Young's eyes fixated on Doojoon's angry eyes, knowing he had a lot to say.

He swallowed hard and took a deep breath. "You should step outside for some for a few minutes and calm yourself down and you can come back once you're ready to enjoy the party we've spent a lot of money on."

Mi-Young was taken back.

"This is our engagement party and ever since you've been here you've either been on your phone or just plain unsociable and quite frankly, I'm sick of it!" Doojoon lashed. He had given up on trying. "If anyone asks, I'll tell them you weren't feeling well and stepped outside for some air."

*Is he actually being serious? He wants his fiancee to take a break from her own engagement party?* "Fine." Mi-Young bluntly expressed. "Enjoy yourself."

She straightened up and headed for the door. Doojoon firmly grabbed her arm as she passed by, feeling slightly guilty, "Mi-Young-"

She lashed back around with stained cheeks from her tears. "Don't." Mi-Young sourly looked away and exited the dim-lit room from which they were talking. Guests looked at her as she fled across the marble lobby from the hotel and made her way outside into the cold, icy air.

She leant against the cold brick wall and closed her eyes. Doojoon's words replayed in her mind. "Your mind is somewhere else." "Maybe you should stop being selfish all the time"

"So, is this how women celebrate their engagement nowadays? Leaning against a hard wall in the freezing cold?" An amused, smug voice said.

Mi-Young slowly opened her eyes and saw a figure, bending down in front of her, who she was pleased to see. "Jaejoong. You came." A small, barely visable smile appeared on her face without her noticing. She sniffed and wiped her tears away.

Mi-Young scanned the street. "I thought your mum was coming...?"

"She'll come later. She's been visiting family near Yeosu." Jaejoong took of his black dinner jacket and slipped it over Mi-Young's bare shoulders. "Now, you mind telling me why you're crying?" Jaejoong had an expectant but reassuring look on his face.

"It's nothing." Mi-Young sniffed and stood up straight. "Actually, seeing you has made me feel a lot better. Let's go in, I want you to meet my fiance." *Even though he's being a prick.*

Jaejoong shifted. "Umm..."

Mi-Young looked at him and frowned. "Why are you so on edge?"

The two friends walked arm in arm into the hotel lobby before Jaejoong stopped in his tracks. "I need to use the restroom first. Wait for me here okay?"

Mi-Young gave a faint smile and nod as Jaejoong wandered away. "Sure." She fixed her hair and nails when a shadow covered her light. "Excus-" Mi-Young looked up to see Eun-Bi fake smiling at her with a champagne glass in her hand. Mi-Young instantly lost her breath.

"Why were you so quick to run away earlier?"

Mi-Young couldn't speak. was dry and all the things she wished to say to Eun-Bi wouldn't come out.

"How long has it been since we last saw eachother? 3 years, MiMi?"

"Don't call me that. Only Doojoon deserves to call me that."

Eun-Bi gave Mi-Young one of y smiles and touched the hem of Jaejoong's jacket which Mi-Young was still wearing. "Are things rough between you and Doojoon because that is another mans jacket, am I right?"

Mi-Young remembered how bad it would look if Doojoon saw her wearing another mans jacket so she quickly pulled it off and held it in her hands. "I don't need to explain myself to you."

"So, when are you going to invite me to the wedding?"

"I'm not."

Eun-Bi shook her head with a false grin. "Well, that's not nice is it? I mean, I am your sister after all. Am I not worthy of an invitation?"

"Ever since you slept with my husband, I no longer want anything to do with you. I told you that!" Mi-Young snarled.

Eun-Bi moved closer to Mi-Young. "You better watch her tongue Miss 'Lee'. You have a lot of growing up to do."

"Leave."

"But Doojoon inv-"

"I said leave!" Mi-Young shouted with a sob.

Eun-Bi took her words in defeat and placed her clutch bag under her arm.

Suddenly, a warm hand was placed on Mi-Young lower back as she was trying to find a tissue in her bag to wipe away her tears.

"I'm Jaejoong. You are?"

Mi-Young looked up in surprise and saw Jaejoong holding out his hand towards Eun-Bi, who looked as astonished as Mi-Young did at the handsome stranger in front of her.

"I'm Eun-Bi. Mi-Young's sister."

"Oh. You're her. The sister that she hardly ever talks about."

Jaejoong's bluntness shocked Eun-Bi. Usually, every guy fell at her feet but not Jaejoong. As soon as he saw her, he knew she was no good.

"Well, I'm sure whatever Mi-Young told you about me isn't true. Sleeping with her husband was 3 years ago and I regret it more than anything."

"Actually, Mi-Young didn't say anything about you. Not one word. But what you just told me, really sets in stone what I thought of you when I first saw you."

Eun-Bi squared up to Jaejoong. "And what's that?"

"A drunk."

Eun-Bi scoffed and downed her champagne. She laughed and dropped her glass onto the marble floor, where it smashed into hundreds on pieces. "I don't know who you are but my boyfriend will mess you up-" Eun-Bi raised her fist towards Mi-Young who flinched automatically. Jaejoong grabbed her fist in the air.

Mi-Young placed a hand on Jaejoong's chest with worry. "Jaejoong, she's not worth it."

"If you lay a single finger on that woman, I will have you formally removed from this party in an instant. Now, go back into that hall, say goodbye to your friends and leave quietly like you were never here. Is that understood?"

Eun-Bi stormed away and disappeared into the party.

"Thank you," Mi-Young muttered with her head down. "No problem. I can't stand girls like that." Jaejoong guided Mi-Young out of the hotel and opened the passenger seat of his sports car for her.

"Where are we going?" Mi-Young big brown eyes stared at Jaejoong from the passenger seat."

"We're getting out of here." Jaejoong turned the keys in the ignition and sped off with a screach.

-------------------

 

Sorry not edited!