Chapter 7

One Last Wish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFy7Aacq5eA

 

"Pancakes are ready!" Doojoon called from the kitchen as he soaked the empty frying pan in the sink.

Mi-Young buttoned up Hana's top button on her dress and they both skipped into kitchen, Mi-Young still dressed in her pyjamas being Doojoon's baggy t-shirt.

"Morning girls." He plated up pancakes for Hana on a dish and placed it on the dining table for her. "Here Hana, this is yours." Hana followed and sat where the pancakes were placed. "Thank you!"

Mi-Young walked over to Doojoon and kissed on the cheek in a cute way, "good morning honey. How'd you sleep?"

Doojoon looked at her seriously with a glare before cracking one of his dashing smiles, "good. How about you guys?"

"Fine, thank you." Mi-Young sat down at the table with Doojoon and the three of them tucked into their fruit and syrup pancakes. Hana happily chatted to both of them whilst stuffing her face. "Hana sweetie, don't talk with your mouthful," Mi-Young leaned over and wiped Hana's mouth with a napkin.

"So what are you up to today?" Doojoon asked before taking a mouthful of food.

"I was thinking we could take Hana downtown to buy her some clothes and then go to the park for lunch. They have a few nice cafes round there."

"I have to go to the gallery for a couple of hours but I'll be home in time to take Hana back later this evening."

Mi-Young looked disappointed but she understood Doojoon tried his best to please everyone even when it wasn't always possible.

After they all finished breakfast, Mi-Young headed to her bathroom to take a shower. She dressed in a cool, white playsuit and sandals.

Mi-Young clicked the front door shut and held Hana's dainty hand as they walked into the elevator. The doors pinged open and just as they were leaving the lift, a man bumped into Mi-Young.

"Ow!" Mi-Young whinced.

"Sorry," the man muttered, not caring.

Mi-Young looked up and saw a suspicious looking man walk into the elevator and press the lift button. He was wearing a navy blue cap which was pulled down over his face, hiding his identity. Mi-Young was about to complain but the doors slowly shut, seperating the two strangers.

Outside, the sun was brightly shining and a cool breeze blew. Everyone was out and enjoying themselves in end of the summer heat. On their way to the park Mi-Young and Hana stopped off at some shops to buy various clothes for Hana as autumn and winter were soon coming. She enjoyed spoiling Hana and even though she wasn't her daughter, Mi-Young sure loved the way it felt.

Mi-Young walked hand-in-hand with Hana into one of the cute cafe's surrounding the park. It was relatively busy but not crowded. However, there was a long-ish queue at the order station. Mi-Young left their bags at a table located in the corner of the cafe and fumbled around to find her purse. "Hana darling, can you go and queue up and I'll be there any second."

Hana skipped off excitedly and lined up in the queue. After a minute, Mi-Young wondered over towards Hana.

"Umm...your daughter just pushed in front of me. I expect you've taught her manners, she just doesn't know how to use, am I right?" an annoyed voice said behind them.

Mi-Young turned around and saw a smug, cocky but very handsome man standing there looking at her, with a smirk on his face.

Mi-Young and the stranger stared at eachother in awe, or annoyance in Mi-Young's eyes, until a little voice interrupted them.

"Actually ahjusshi, I'm not her daughter. I don't have a mother, I'm an orphan," Hana corrected with confidence.

Mi-Young chuckled at Hana's cheekiness.

The handsome man raised his eyebrow, "ahjusshi?"

Mi-Young interrupted before Hana said anything else to piss the man off. "Look, I'm sorry for her pushing in line but we don't know eachother so I suggest we just go on as were."

Even though he had extremely impressive looks, his attitude still annoyed the hell out of Mi-Young.

*You may not know who I am, but I definitely know who you are.* He thought

He held out his hand in a charming and smooth manner, "Kim Jaejoong."

Hana looked up at Mi-Young in a questionable way. Mi-Young looked at his hand and then his gorgeous face. "Mi-You-" Just before Mi-Young was about to reply with courtesy, the barista cut her off.

"Hello and welcome to Cafe A La Seoul, what can I get for you today?"

"Oh yes, hello, umm...we'd like one chicken and pesto panini and one child size ham sandwich and salad. Oh and two mango smoothies please."

"That will be 10,000 then please." Mi-Young handed them cash picked up their tray of food and drinks.

"Goodbye Mr Kim," she curtly bowed her head and walked away with Hana following close behind.

Jaejoong let out a single laugh and walked up to the ordering station.

Mi-Young completely forgot about the rude queue guy and enjoyed her lunch with Hana. They spent the rest of the afternoon playing in the park with the football, kicking and throwing it to eachother. It soon came time for Mi-Young and Hana to head back home, much to Hana's disappointment. "Do we have to go home?" Hana pouted.

"I'm afraid so sweetheart. There'll be other times, don't worry."

Doojoon pulled up outside the orphanage and decided he'd come in and drop Hana off as well. Hana had fallen asleep on the car journey on the way home, so Doojoon carried her inside with Mi-Young following behind.

It was already dark and the orphanage was still and quiet with various nanny's wandering around with bottles of milk in their hands. All the other orphans were alseep and still, except the odd cry from a baby.

The light was cosy and warm making Mi-Young feel sleepy also.

"Yeah, it was a good couple of days, thank you."

Ji Hoon followed Mi-Young to the foyer, where Doojoon was waiting, holding Hana in his arms.

Mi-Young, Doojoon and Ji Hoon made their way to Hana's bedroom. Ji Hoon went in and switched on the bedside lamp. Mi-Young carefully undressed the little girl and dressed her in a pale blue nightie. She laid her down in bed and pulled the duvet over her, tucking her in. She kissed her on the forehead and switched off the light, pulling the door to behind her.

They walked back to the foyer and the three of them faced eachother. "So she took her medicine okay?" Ji-Hoon asked, casually.

Mi-Young's face dropped. *.*

"She did take her medicine didn't she?"

Doojoon stayed silent also, knowing they had forgotten about it.

"Mi-Young, I'm asking you, did Hana take her medicine?" Ji-Hoon sternly asked with a threatening tone.

Mi-Young's heart began to pound and a tear escaped her eye. "I'm so so sorry Ji-Hoon, I completely forgot. We were having such a brilliant time, it slipped my mind and-" she choked out.

Ji-Hoon ran this fingers through his tossled hair and let out a 'pissed-off' groan. "How the hell could you act so irresponsible Mi-Young? he shouted in rage.

"Look, don't shout at her. Yes, we made a mistake but-"

"Excuse me Doojoon, I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to your girlfriend, who could've cost that little girl her life!"

The reality of it soon sunk into Mi-Young who realised what she had done. *If anything happened to her, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself.*

"Maybe you shouldn't come here for a couple of days." Ji-Hoon harshly said and turned to walk away before stopping, "also, having Hana stay temporily at yours until her next surgery is completely out of the question now, thanks to your stupidness today." He walked into his office and slammed the door shut.

"Baby, she'll be fine." Doojoon wrapped his arm around her.

She pulled away from him and walked out of the orphanage building, still with tears in her eyes.

Doojoon buzzed in the pin number to their apartment door and waited for Mi-Young to walk inside. She was still upset from what had happaned at the orphanage earlier.

She mindlessly walked into the bedroom and slipped off her playsuit revealing her bare body. Doojoon walked up behind her and placed his hands on her shoulders and whispered into her ear, "don't worry baby." He kissed her shoulder tenderly and turned her round to face him. He rested his forehead on Mi-Young's as he looked deeply into her worried eyes. "I Love you so much. Nothing could change that," he sincerely whispered.