Chapter 12

One Last Wish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdd_yiAIXoo

 

Two and a half months had passed since Jaejoong had started working at the orphanage and he had easily become a valuable part of the team.

It was the middle of Autumn and the evenings grew darker earlier, the cold, dull and dismal weather was making everyone feel me melancholy and glum, except for Mi-Young who was still as cheerful as ever with the thought of her upcoming wedding in the winter.

Her and Jaejoong had became good friends over the weeks. Mi-Young soon enough became more relaxed around Jaejoong and opened up to him a lot more; however, Jaejoong still didn't give anything about him away. Everytime Mi-Young had offered Jaejoong to meet Doojoon, he declined and avoided the subject. However, being Mi-Young, she thought nothing of it.

Jaejoong suddenly clutched his head tightly in pain, making Mi-Young concerned.

"Are you okay?" She grasped his shoulder as his sat at his desk.

He sighed deeply, "yeah, I'm fine..." he said, puzzled. He dismissed his unbearable headache, putting up with the pain and went back to typing on the Mac.

Mi-Young frowned and went back to fetching her handbag.

"Where are you going?" Jaejoong asked, looking up from his computer.

"I have a wedding dress fitting at 4:30pm, it's 4:00pm now and you know how awful Seoul traffic can be." Mi-Young replied, making sure she had everything with her.

She wore her Burberry trenchcoat and black trousers, ready to meet Yoo-Ra and her daughter Naeun at the wedding boutique.

An offended look came across Jaejoong's face, "Are you forgetting?"

Mi-Young looked confused, "About what?"

"About the drink we were meant to be getting after work..."

Mi-Young's eyes widened and mentally slapped herself for her stupidness. *Oh .* "I'm so sorry. I completely forgot."

"How about we go sometime this week then?" He asked.

"I'm so busy right now, I don't think I can. Sorry." *He knows I'm engaged so why is he still asking me out for a drink?*

"You've been making excuses for the past 2 weeks Mi-Young. We'll only go as co-workers. It won't mean anything, I promise." Jaejoong persuaded.

Mi-Young was reluctant as to accept his offer but she softened when she knew he was trying to make an effort. She walked towards the office door before stopping and turning around. "How about tomorrow evening?"

"Perfect," Jaejoong smiled in agreement and went back to working.

"You should take something for your head. You don't look too good." She adivsed, worried and left the office. She drove her fastest towards the wedding boutique where she was due to meet Yoo-Ra and Naeun.

As Mi-Young rushed into the boutique, the two of them were already sitting down on a white suede sofa waiting for her.

"Sorry I'm late. I got held up at work." Mi-Young apologised.

"No problem," Yoo-Ra greeted Mi-Young with a kiss on the cheek and handed her a glass of champagne, "here. Have this."

"Thank you. It's so good to see you." Mi-Young gushed.

"You too. We haven't seen you ages. I spoke to Doojoon yesterday and he said you've been busy at the orphanage until late most evenings."

Mi-Young felt guilty at what Doojoon had told her. It was true, she had worked late with Jaejoong until 9:30pm most weekdays but their money situation at the orphanage wasn't good.

"It's tough right now, a few of our fundraisers have pulled out leaving the orphanage with debts to pay."

"Anyway, forget about it all for the next 2 hours. You're here to find the perfect dress." Yoo-Ra sat back down on the sofa next to her daughter as Mi-Young was escorted by the boutique assitants into the changing room. Upon the wall, hung four breath-taking wedding dresses of all styles and cuts.

She undressed herself, and stepped into the first dress. It was tight at the waist and accentuated her slight curves. She stepped out of the dressing room and walked towards her 'to be' sister-in-law.

"Oh my goodness. You. look. stunning."

Mi-Young blushed at her sudden comment.

"I actually really like this one," Mi-Young confessed. An assistant hurried over to fasten the dress correctly and pinned it where it would need to be altered.

"Miss Lee, you look beautiful. This dress is one of our bestsellers."

Mi-Young thought for a moment. "I want something a little more original. Can I try the next one on?"

"Of course, Miss Lee."

An hour and a half passed quickly with Mi-Young trying on various wedding dresses. They were all laughing loudly and drinking champagne but Naeun was beginning to get fidgety and Yoo-Ra decided it was best if she made a move, knowing it was a long journey home.

"Mi-Young, I think me and Naeun should head back now. I'm sorry." Yoo-Ra said.

"No problem," Mi-Young replied, whilst still wearing a lace wedding dress.

She hugged them both goodbye and turned back to face herself in the wall-size mirror. She pursed her lips in thought and wandered back out to the shop in her own clothes.

"Thank you for all your help."

"Our pleasure. So we decided on the first dress with the bodice and train of the last dress? Is that correct?" The assitant sketched.

"That's right. Yes."

"If you would come back in 2 weeks time and hopefully we'll have a mock up of your dress by then."

"Of course. Thank you." Mi-Young waved and drove home. It was already dark and it pouring with rain making Mi-Young drenched in the short time she had walked to her car. Her car wouldn't start straight away but after a few tries, the engine , much to Mi-Young's relief. She drove through the streets of Seoul and up the hill towards her and Doojoon's apartment block.

Mi-Young entered their apartment and called Doojoon's name.

"In here," a calm and content voice replied from the office.

Mi-Young threw off her wet coat and soggy boots and left them on the sideboard near the door. She walked into the office and saw Doojoon working at his computer. He looked tired and was dressed in just an old pair of sweatpants, leaving his top bare.

"Hi honey," Mi-Young softly smiled and leant against the door-frame.

He looked up and was extremely happy to see his favourite person in the world. "Hey gorgeous. Where have you been? It's pouring outside."

Mi-Young slumped down into the sofa in his office and sleepily curled up.

"I'll be finished in 20 minutes, I just have a few calls to make and then we'll have dinner okay?"

"You haven't had dinner yet?" Mi-Young sat up, surprised.

"I waited for you," he replied, focusing on a letter he was writing.

*It's so nice to be home, with him.* Mi-Young thought and closed her eyes.