Chapter 15

One Last Wish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijrpGQD6aLQ

 

The soft morning light filtered through the curtains in Mi-Young's hotel suite. She raised her head as her alarm goes off. *Please, just 5 more minutes of this bliss.* She dragged her sleepy-self into the shower and washed off the long plane journey from yesterday. She braided her long, black hair into a side braid and slipped on an outfit which would be appropriate for the meeting.

She applied a light amount of make-up and grabbed her key, iPhone and daily planner, putting them in her handbag. She quickly sprayed a small amount of her Dior perfume onto her neck and wrists and left the hotel room.

Once she arrived in the hotel lobby, Jaejoong wasn't there. She looked around for the suave looking man but couldn't see him.

Instantly thinking about him, the elevator pinged open and out walked Jaejoong dressed in a smart grey suit with an ipad in his hand. He swiftly walked up to Mi-Young with a bright smile on his face, showing off his pleasant and respectable persona.

"Good morning. How'd you sleep?"

Giving a sleepy smile, Mi-Young answered, "good, thank you. Yourself?"

"Oh just fine, Miss Lee." Jaejoong smirked and walked towards the hotel doors, signalling for Mi-Young to follow. *Does he have to be so intimidating?*

She hurried after him as they walked along the sidewalks of New York City. It was a cold day. The air was fresh and icy but the sun was shining. Mi-Young was amazed by the extremely tall buildings. The streets were bustling with street-vendors, beggers, businessmen and tourists. She followed Jaejoong, who seemed to know where he was going.

"How do you know the way?"

"I've been here plenty of times before. My father use to live in New York."

*He never talks about his family or life.*

The two of them continued walking for approximately 20 minutes until they reached a towering glass building with the sign  'Google Int' outside above the door.

"This is it." Jaejoong announced as he stopped and looked up at the building. Mi-Young's eyes followed his and suddenly butterflies appeared in her stomach.

"Google?"

"Yes. We need their donation. They said they could offer us a maximum of 2,000,000 if it goes well."

"2,000,000?" yelped Mi-Young. *That would definitely sort out the orphanage.*

"As we go in, we need to step up the presentation in the conference room."

"Presentation?" Mi-Young stared, gaping.

"Yeah, presentation." Jaejoong nonchalantly said and walked casually into the 'Google' building. Mi-Young gulped and speedily followed him.

"Why didn't you tell me about a presentation?" whined Mi-Young.

"It's fine. I've done it." Jaejoong waved his hand.

"Then what am I supposed to do? Do nothing?" she accused.

"Just sit there and look pretty. Let me do the work."

They stopped in front of a long glass reception counter, where a young woman dressed to perfection sat at her computer.

"Hello. H-how can I h-help you sir?" she stuttered, speechless by Jaejoong's good looks.

"Hello, I'm Mr Kim. My colleague, Miss Lee and I are here for a meeting with Mrs Sandberg and Mr Schmidt." Jaejoong proclaimed in flawless English.

The receptionist checked her computer and faced back to Jaejoong. "Of course, Mr Kim. If you would like to take the elevator to the 16 floor, then one of my colleagues will meet you there."

"Thank you very much," he bowed and walked in the direction of the lift. It impressed Mi-Young that Jaejoong looked and was acting so professional.

The elevator door opened, revealing another glass reception counter. This time, an older lady was sitting behind it. "Hello, I'm Sally. You must be Mr Kim, is that right?" She held out her hand for Jaejoong to shake it.

He slipped his hand into hers and greeted her politely as Mi-Young stood to the side of him, feeling nervous.

"Yes. Nice to meet you. This is Miss Lee, she will also be joining the meeting today." He introduced.

"How do you do?" Mi-Young bowed.

"You can set up anything you have in this room here," the lady opened a door to one of the modern meeting rooms, "and Mrs Sandberg and Mr Schmidt won't be long."

They walked in, being left by themselves and Mi-Young stood there stunned by the amazing view of Central park out the window. 

"Wow. I can't believe I'm in New York City," she jumped with excitement. "Can we go there after?" Mi-Young pointed out of the window towards the park.

"Sure." Jaejoong smiled affectionately and pulled a laptop from his briefcase. "Mi-Young, could you pass me that lead from over there?"

Mi-Young passed him the black lead which connects the laptop to the presentation screen. After a short 10 minutes, a stern looking woman and a bitter-looking man entered the meeting room. Mi-Young made them both a cup of coffee, trying her best to make a good impression. "That's a beautiful scarf you're wearing," Mi-Young complimented Mrs Sandberg, flattering her.

The two Google finance managers asked intimidationg questions concerning the orphanage and it's finacial history in the past 4 years. *. He wouldn't know about that sort of thing. He's only just started working there.* She panicked as she tried to think of a way out.* Mi-Young sat in her chair and swallowed deeply. Just as she was about to open , Jaejoong flicked to the next screen and gave a detailed analysis of the orphanages monthly income from the past 10 years years, hugely impressing both Mi-Young and the managers.

Mi-Young thought Jaejoong must've been nervous but he never showed it. His professional approach was relaxing and soon enough the meeting was over. The finance managers shook hands with Jaejoong and Mi-Young and showed them to the door. "That was a very promising presentation there Mr Kim. Let's just say, you'll be hearing from us," Mr Schmidt took Jaejoong's hand and left the room, followed by Mrs Sandberg who gave him a promising smile.

After they had both left, Mi-Young ran up to Jaejoong and threw her arms around his neck. "Oh my god, you did it! Well done!"

"How about we go and celebrate tomorrow evening? There's somewhere I want to take you." Jaejoong said as he pulled back from Mi-Young and looked at her ecstatic face.

"Why not tonight?"

"I'm pretty tired, ya know, jet lag."

Mi-Young understood, as she was exhausted from the long flight too.

It was late afternoon by the time they packed up their laptops and belongings and walked out of the 'Google' building. Mi-Young brought them both an americano from Starbucks and as they walked through Central Park with their drinks in their hand, they chatted comfortably.

"What do you want to do tomorrow?" Jaejoong asked, sitting on a bench with Mi-Young sitting beside him.

She thought deeply, "Hmm. What about shopping?" Mi-Young excitedly squealed, thinking about the shops on Fifth Avenue.

Jaejoong laughed, "shopping? Seriously?"

"Well shopping in the afternoon, sightseeing in the morning." She grinned.

Jaejoong liked Mi-Young's warm and cheerful personality and thought how she seems like a completely different person from when they first met at the orphanage.

"I'm going to order room service for dinner tonight, you do the same and make sure you charge it to my account." Jaejoong proclaimed outside Mi-Young's hotel room.

"But-"

"No 'buts'. Also, if you want a massage, go ahead."

Mi-Young was about to protest again but Jaejoong gave her a 'don't-argue' look.

"Please." He urged with a straight face.

She rolled her eyes at him and gave a small smile, "okay."

"Good girl. Have a good evening and I'll plan our day for tomorrow, alright?"

Mi-Young hugged him goodnight, "well done again, for today. Ji-Hoon will be so relieved." She closed her hotel room door and ran a hot bath. She was extremely happy even though she missed Doojoon. *I should give him a call to see how he is.*