Chapter 18

One Last Wish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZB3D_mBL00

 

Everything was becoming a blur to Mi-Young. Jaejoong's face was coming closer and closer to her's. Jaejoong's lips landed on hers with passion. His tongue entered but before he had a chance to take it any further, Mi-Young took a moment to realise what was happening. *Oh .*  Suddenly, Mi-Young's drunkness had fanished and she came to her senses. Her two hands reached up and pushed his chest slightly, causing him to stop what he was intending on doing. Jaejoong's eyes intensified at Mi-Young's actions.

"What do you think you're doing?" Mi-Young bitterly asked.

Jaejoong searched her disappointed expression. Pain was spread over her stunning face. He looked away, hoping to hide his stupidity. A part of him didn't realised what had come over him. Yes, he thought Mi-Young was attractive, more than attractive, but falling for her wasn't part of his plan. "I'm sorry," he muttered almost silently, still only a few inches away from her face. He closed his eyes in regret.

Mi-Young pushed herself off the bed, causing Jaejoong to fall backwards abruptly. She stormed over to the door and opened it fully, standing next to it impatiently, holding her hand out.

Jaejoong stood back on his feet and took a deep breath. He rubbed the back of his neck before walking towards Mi-Young and the door. She kept her head down in shame that she even allowed another man to enter her bedroom except Doojoon. She, herself, felt foolish for even accepting the idea.

She threw a glance his way as he motioned towards her. His face was full of regret and remorse. A part of her didn't want to kick him out so easily but how could he pull a stunt like this? Afterall, he knew she was engaged. *This is going to make things extremely awkward at the orphanage.* She thought.

Jaejoong turned to face Mi-Young. He whispered "I didn't-"

"Don't." Mi-Young warned with a firm look.

Jaejoong was taken back by her cold, hostile stare. "Mi-Young-" he pleaded.

"Just leave, Jaejoong."

Defeated and without another word, Jaejoong slipped passed Mi-Young and out of the hotel room. She shut the door with force behind Jaejoong, not sure what to make of his actions. *Was it the alcohol or does this mean that...he likes me?* Confusion as well as anger filled Mi-Young's mind.

She stormed over to her suitcase and threw it open on the bed, piling clothes into it in an enraging manner. "How dare he make a move on me!" She hissed to herself, "who does he think he is? He's knows I have a boyfriend! No, I have a fiancee!" The more she thought about the past 5 minutes,  the more Mi-Young's blood boiled and the heavier stomped her feet on the carpet.

Jaejoong solemnly entered his suite, along the corridor from Mi-Young's. *What the hell have I done?* He walked over to the cabinet and pulled out a bottle of whisky. Pouring himself a glass, he thought back to the disappointment and betrayel of Mi-Young's face.

Jaejoong decided it was best to sleep on it, give her time and apologise first thing in the morning. He couldn't mess up now. He still hadn't done what he had came to do. Giving up his image and true identity would be one of the hardest things he would ever have to do. What was making it so hard was that he was falling for this girl also.

He sunk into the arm chair and leaned his head back. He closed his eyes and smiled as the thought of that special someone in his mind. His heart fluttered and quickened with pace. "Aish!" He stood up and kicked the chair in frustration. *Get a hold of yourself, Jaejoong.* He mentally slapped himself.

The following morning, Jaejoong awoke with a groan and stretched is body underneath the warm, cosy covers. He rubbed his eyes with his knuckles and drowsily opened his eyes. Looking up at the ceiling, Jaejoong tried to remember what he had had planned for today. *Oh that's right. We're flying home this evening.* Letting out an even louder disgruntled groan, he moaned for the need of more sleep.

Without another moment passing, the sound of his 'Dok2' ringtone erupted through the suite. He tiredly glanced at his iPhone screen and pressed the 'answer' key.

"Yes?" He mumbled through the phone.

"Jaejoong, did I interrupted you?" A stern and displeased voice questioned. Jaejoong shot up and woke up in a matter of seconds upon hearing the voice on the other end of the receiver.

"Ji-Hoon?"

"How did the meeting go? I was expecting to hear from one of you."

Still on the phone, Jaejoong slipped out of the bed and the shower.

"Jaejoong? Are you still there?"

"Yeah? I'm here."

"So? The meeting? How was it?" Ji-Hoon impatiently asked.

"Oh that. It went great. You'll be expecting to hear from them in the next day or so."

"What a relief. Thank you and send my regards to Mi-Young also. I'll see you both on Thursday. You can both have tomorrow and Wednesday off."

"Cheers. See you Thursday." Jaejoong hung up the phone and threw it onto the bed before stripping off and stepping into the hot shower. He dressed in a black polo shirt and jeans and decided to make his way towards Mi-Young's hotel room to get her for breakfast.

After several knocks on her door and no answer he frowned. *That's strange. We said we'd meet at 8am for breakfast.* He pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialled her number.

'Hi, this is Mi-Young. Sorry I'm not able to take your call right now but...'

Jaejoong cancelled the call. *.* No answer indicated that perhaps she was still asleep or maybe she's down at breakfast alreay. He headed into the restaurant for breakfast but there was still no sight of her. He walked purposely over to the reception desk and leaned across the counter.

A pretty lady dressed in a black suit greeted him at the other side of the desk. "Good morning Sir. What can I do for you?"

"Have you seen a korean lady walk pass at all this morning? She's staying in room 1008."

The employee scanned her computer and paper documents for an answer. "Ahh yes. I remember. She checked out about 3 hours ago. Said something about having to catch a plane back to Korea."

"Ch-checked out?"

"Yes. She paid for her room and massage and caught a cab to JFK airport."

*I told her that was my treat.* Angrily, Jaejoong walked away, without a thank-you, and pulled out his phone. He left a quick voicemail to Mi-Young and headed back to his room to pack his suitcase.

'Mi-Young. I'm sorry about last night but you didn't need to fly home early and without even telling me, I feel quite hurt. Well I guess we'll see eachother soon. Bye.'

The following day, Mi-Young entered her apartment back in Seoul and dropped her keys on the table in the entrance hall. "Hello?"

Doojoon ran towards the front door, coming from the kitchen, and skidded to a stop once he saw the love of his life. His eyes lit up at the sight of her and he rushed over and picked her up in his arms. Kissing her tenderly, he pulled back and searched her worried eyes. "I didn't think my beautiful fiancee was coming home until tonight."

Mi-Young smirked and raised her eyebrow, "why? Are you disappointed from my early return?" She playfully teased.

"no no no," he smirked.

"Then, are you happy?" Mi-Young's big brown eyes looked up to Doojoon's handsome face.

He gave her a seductive smirk, "you have no idea." Doojoon kissed her passionately and lifted her up into a warm embrace. "I missed your pretty smile." He released her and took hold of her hand, "are you hungry?"

"Starving."

"Come. I'll make us waffles and you can tell me all about New York."

"Love to. First, I'm going to go and change out of these plane clothes and into something more comfortable."

"I'll see you in the kitchen." Doojoon gave Mi-Young a peck on the lips and trailed off into their designer kitchen.

Mi-Young changed into something cosy and warm.

Dressed in her pyjama bottoms and sweater, she decided to check her phone after not having looked at it since she took off from New York. There was one missed call and one new voicemail. She held the iPhone to her ear and listened to the message. It was the one left from Jaejoong at the hotel.

'Mi-Young. I'm sorry about last night but you didn't need to fly home early and without even telling me, I feel quite hurt. Well I guess we'll see eachother soon. Bye.'

*Maybe I should call him.* Mi-Young pondered the thought of letting Jaejoong know she had arrived back in Seoul safely and to wish him a safe journey of his own. However, she decided against the idea and let him be. She didn't want to ruin her positive mood by a stuck up man like him.