Chapter 25

One Last Wish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l7TbwVPUfE

 

Mi-Young and Jaejoong stopped by at a secluded, quiet coffee shop. It was one of Mi-Young's favourite places to come when things got too stressful. The cafe was quaint and simply decorated, with only a few local people knowing about it. The only three things they served were americano, green tea and cupcakes.

It was late and Mi-Young was still wearing her long elegant gown. They sipped their coffee whilst the owner played soothing music on her piano located in the corner of the shop. They hadn't said a word to eachother since the car and Jaejoong know what he should bring up and what he should keep quiet about.

Jaejoong cautiously looked at Mi-Young from behind the reading glasses he occasionally wore. "Do you want another cup of coffee?"

Mi-Young jerked her head up, bringing her out of her daydream. "Huh?"

"Another coffee?" Jaejoong repeated, worried about Mi-Young's mood. *I guess she's still going over what happened back at the hotel.*

With a gentle signal, Jaejoong ordered two more americanos. He looked at Mi-Young, who was still deep in thought with a miserable look on her face, and picked up courage to ask her something.

"Tell me, Mi-Young." Jaejoong's demanding voice instantly captured Mi-Young. "Tell me, what is Doojoon usually like as a person?" Mi-Young and Jaejoong met eyes. She could tell he was genuinly interested in her answer.

"Usually?" Jaejoong gave a slight nod, signalling Mi-Young to continue.

"Usually, he's perfect. I mean, no-one is perfect by all means. But Doojoon, he is. He can brighten my mood when I feel like giving up. He does something sweet and romantic for no reason, just because. And that contagious smile of his, it hooks onto my heart everytime." Mi-Young soon realised that she had got carried away with her answer. She blushed and smiled slightly.

"I guess I was a to him and my sister."

"I don't know what happened between you and your sister but I'm sure you had your reasons. As for Doojoon, he's a good guy, I'm sure you will follow your heart."

Mi-Young frowned in suspiciousness. "How do you know he's a good guy?"

"Who?"

"Doojoon. How do you know he's a good guy?"

*Crap.* Jaejoong panicked. "Umm...well, from what you've always told me about him, he seems decent."

"Oh. Okay. Yeah. I thought for one second you knew him." Mi-Young chuckled and sipped her coffee. Jaejoong covered up his anxiety with a awkward chuckle also along with Mi-Young.

"You feeling better?"

"Yes, thank you. Let me get this and then we can leave," stated Mi-Young, referring to the coffee.

Jaejoong waved his hand and pulled out the money from his wallet. Leaving the money on the table, the two friends left the coffee shop with a bow to the owner, who was ready to close up for the night. "How is your mum getting home?" Mi-Young asked, compeltely forgetting they hadn't told her about leaving the party.

"It's fine. I told her we left. She was still busy with the family anyway."

"That's a relief. You and your mother will have to stop by our apartment one day so you can both meet Doojoon. I promise there will no more drama." Suggested Mi-Young.

Jaejoong nodded nonchalantly. "Sure." *I guess I'll have to do it one day.*

The two of them wandered down the dark, narrow street. They both stuck out like sore thumbs. Mi-Young in her luxurious flowing gown and Jae in his Armani suit.

"Would you like me to take you back to the party?" Jaejoong offered.

"Just home is fine."

"No, it's not actually. You can walk from here." Jaejoong said seriously as he stopped walking

*What?* "Huh?" Mi-Young's eyes opened widely as Jaejoong shocked her. Jaejoong's dead pan face panicked Mi-Young. Suddenly, he smiled and laughed along with himself. Mi-Young noticed his cruel joke and slapped him playfully on the arm.

"Yah! Don't do that! I was going to kill you!" Jaejoong chortled and walked off in a pleasent manner whilst listening to Mi-Young's playful complaint. Mi-Young stood there with here arms folded and a pout.

Jaejoong turned and flashed Mi-Young one of his charming and handsome smiles. "You coming or what?"

*Hmm...Doojoon's smile is angelic, but Jaejoong's is just as rewarding to see.* MI-Young swiftly moved towards Jaejoong and the two of them left in his car.

-------------

"Thanks for the lift. And the coffee.And your company, Mr Kim." Mi-Young curtly smiled and gathered her belongings together in his car.

"If I'd known you were going to be this demanding, Miss Lee, I would've never started working at the orphanage." Jaejoong teased with a cheeky smile.

"But really, thank you." An appreciative Mi-Young leaned over and placed a kiss on Jaejoong's cheek. She blushed and stepped out of the car, before giving him a friendly wave goodbye. "Drive safely." She bidded and walked ahead slightly.

Jaejoong didn't drive off until he knew she was safely inside. He watched her intently as she struggled finding her keys in her clutch bag. Suddenly, the bag dropped onto the floor, contents dropping onto the hard concrete ground.

"." Mi-Young cursed out loud to herself. She bent down and began picking everything up. Jaejoong jumped out of his car and rushed over to her side. "Here, let me help you." Jaejoong also bent down and picked up her cellphone and keys.

"Let me take you inside. I'm scared you won't make it in one piece otherwise." Jaejoong insisted. "Or your iPhone won't at least." He joked.

It was late and the hallways were empty. Being a Saturday night, everyone was either out partying or in bed early from tiredness.  She pushed open the heavy apartment and instantly saw Doojoon in the dark, sitting on the sofa, waiting for her return. Upon the sound of the door opening, Doojoon spun his head round and saw the silhouette of his wife-to-be standing in the hallway, with a another man's along side her. *It's about bloody time.*

Wearing just his suit trousers and shirt, the top two buttons undone showing his chest slightly, he pushed him off the sofa and made his way over towards Mi-Young. As he came closer, her features became clear. Not bothering to look at Jaejoong, Doojoon switched on the hallway light and that's when he saw it. Him. A man he hadn't seen in years. The very man that had betrayed him. Betrayed their friendship.

Mi-Young looked at Doojoon's face. He couldn't stop staring at Jaejoong. Doojoon and Jaejoong's eyes were locked. Mi-Young glanced between the two. *Oh no. I hope Doojoon's not angry because I was with another man.* Little did she knew, Doojoon wouldn't have been angry if she was with another man. It was the fact that she was with that man. That one man he hated so much.

Anyone could've cut the tension with a knife.

"I should go," Jaejoong swiftly turned around and exited.

"Jaejoong, wait." Mi-Young grabbed his arm and pulled him back into the apartment.

"Don't you ing touch him!!" Doojoon shouted, agressively and removed Mi-Young from Jaejoong's side. Mi-Young was shocked at Doojoon's outburst, she didn't know how to react. However, Jaejoong didn't seem phased. He just hung his head down in silence and let Doojoon speak.

Doojoon turned to face Mi-Young and grabbed her shoulders. "What the hell are you doing with him!?" he demanded, fuming.

Mi-Young's mouth was slightly open but she couldn't say anything. She was so speechless as to why Doojoon was acting so crazy.

"This is Jaej-" Mi-Young held out her hands to introduce Doojoon to Jaejoong but got interrupted.

"I know who he ing is!" he snapped with a glare. "Doojoon, please stop swearing," Mi-Young pleaded with a whisper.

Jaejoong slightly shifted before Doojoon roughly grabbed Jaejoong's collar and forced him against the wall with a thud. He leaned in and snarled. "I suggest you stay away from my fiancee if you don't want your neck broken." Doojoon threatened. Jaejoong held his jaw tightly together, refraining from lashing out against him.

"Doojoon, that's enough!" Mi-Young growled and pulled Doojoon away from Jaejoong. "Jaejoong. I think it's best you leave." Jaejoong could tell from Mi-Young's tone of voice, she was angry. More than angry. She was furious. Furious that Jaejoong never told her that he knew Doojoon and kept it a secret all along. Even though she didn't know where from.

Jaejoong straightened up and left the apartment without a word. Mi-Young faced Doojoon, waiting for an explanation but she knew Doojoon could be secretive at times. Before she could ask him, he walked over to their bar and poured himself a bourbon by-passing the ice.

Doojoon downed the alcohol and slammed the glass down on the cabinet. He placed his hand on the cabinet and leaned against it whilst rubbing his forehead. Not looking at Mi-Young, he solemnly said, "I'm warning you Mi-Young. I never want you to see that man again, you hear me?" He soon turned his head and gazed at her with a stern look.

"Why?" She bravely raised her voice and asked.

Doojoon approached Mi-Young, who was standing in the doorway of the living room still dressed in her long gown.

"Because I said so, okay!?" Doojoon shouted, yet again for the fourth time that night. "I don't care what other men you see. You know I'm not the jealous type, but anyone but him. it can't be him."

"Just tell me how you know him. Please." She pleaded.

Doojoon shook his head. *I'm not having her know about my past.* "I can't do that, Mimi." He replied coldly.

Mi-Young frowned in confusion from his secrecy. She looked at him, expecting an answer but when Doojoon just switched on the TV and began watching the football she knew he wasn't going to give her one. "That's it! I've had enough! I'm going to bed!" Mi-Young determingly stormed into their bedroom. "You can sleep on the couch tonight!" She yelled before slamming the bedroom door shut.