Chapter 27

One Last Wish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mTq7LdbPUA

 

"Doojoon...can we stop being like this..." Mi-Young started, reaching out to grab his hand.

"Don't ing touch me with the hands that touched him!" He growled and swatted her hand away instantly.

"Doojoon..." Mi-Young whispered, "I didn't do anything. I just went to visit him. That's all. I would never betray you." She was frantic with tears in her eyes. She knew she hadn't done anything with Jaejoong but why did she feel guilty? "You have to trust me..."

Doojoon suddenly pushed her back against the wall and slammed his hand against the wall along side of her. "You're still seeing him behind my back even though I've told you endless times that I don't want you anywhere near him! He can't be trusted!" Doojoon's eyes were cold and showed no remorse for his actions. If murder was legal, he would've easily killed Jaejoong by now. He hated him that much.

Mi-Young closed her eyes and opened them again slowly, to see Doojoon still staring at her with a look of betrayal. He let go of Mi-Young and exited to the kitchen.

"Are you kidding me?" Mi-Young followed him and slammed her hand down on the kitchen counter.

"What!" Doojoon snapped back. "How can you act like our relationship is okay and that everything will go smoothly at our wedding in 2 weeks. To be honest, I don't think I can even think about marrying you right now." Doojoon looked away, not wanting to see the pain in Mi-Young's eyes.

Mi-Young's heart shattered into a million pieces as Doojoon's word's entered her eyes. "What are you saying? We're finished?"

Doojoon walked over to Mi-Young's side of the breakfast bar and held her hands in front of her. "Are you going to stop seeing Jaejoong?"

"Why? Why should I, Doojoon? He's not a bad person. You have no idea what he's going through, he needs me right now!" Mi-Young stubbornly said. "Perhaps if you'd spend one minute with him you'd see how great he actually is."

Doojoon released her hands and they fell down by her sides. "I know he is. He gets close to people and then uses them, only for a few moments later for him to just throw them away like trash. " He walked away coldly, not saying another word to her.

Mi-Young's eyes widened as she froze, not being able to speak. *What happened between those two?* The slam of the bedroom door brought her back to relaity. She jumped off the stool and ran into the bedroom, following Doojoon. As she entered the bedroom and stopped when she saw Doojoon sitting hunched over on the bed. She slowly sat down on the bed next to him, causiously. Doojoon was close to tears. A hand slowly reached Doojoon shoulder. "There's something you should know about Jaejoong..." This caught Doojoon's attention. He slowly turned towards Mi-Young with sadness in his eyes.

​"No, wait. Wait. First, let me explain everything to you. I love you, Mi-Young and you deserve to know." stated Doojoon. "It was when I lived back in Busan. I was working in a car garage to pay for school. I was pretty good at it. One day, a guy walked in asking for a job. He looked rough. You know, leather jacket, tossled hair kinda thing. After he started working there we became pretty close...and well I..began to have....."

​"...And that guy was Jaejoong." Mi-Young guessed correctly whilst interrupting him. Doojoon nodded sadly in agreement and carried on. "He was cool but I could tell his life wasn't easy. He never talked of his family, only a lady whom he spoke fondly about. Perhaps his mother or something."

​"His aunt. He stayed with her while in Busan after his father died, his mother stayed in Seoul." Mi-Young added, remembering the information Jaejoong had told her when they first met.

​"Jaejoong knew I was short for cash at that time, so one day he approached me with a proposition. He knew some guys who were going to rob a pawn shop. He wanted in and I studpidly agreed to it, also."

​Mi-Young was shocked at his confession but held his hand in support.

​"The way they were talking about it seemed like they knew what they were doing and had it all planned but these guys didn't do anything. They sent me in alone with a gun. I'd never even seen a weapon before! Anyway, I got caught by the police. They knew about the planned robbery and arrested me on the spot."

​"and Jaejoong...?" asked Mi-Young.

​"He never even showed up, the bastard." Doojoon said upset and gritted his teeth in anger. "I was in prison for 3 years before being released and it was the hardest time of my life."

​"I'm so sorry, I had no idea..."

​"Mi-Young meeting you has been the best thing that's ever happened to me. I was just so angry that Jaejoong left me that day." Doojoon sighed with relief. "I didn't want you to think less of me, and I definitely didn't want Jaejoong to manipulate you the way he did me."

​Mi-Young took a deep breath and close dher eyes. "He's dying, Doojoon."

​"Huh?" Doojoon looked puzzled.

​"He has cancer and it has now spread to his liver from his lungs."Mi-Young couldn't hold back her tears whilst Doojoon was in shock. He couldn't believe this. "He only has a short time left...I'm so sorry to tell you like this."

​Mi-Young wiped her tears away and regained her poise. After Doojoon's confession, Mi-Young felt it was only right that the two guys sit down and talk about everything. "You need to speak to him and tell him how much he hurt you, Doojoon. You two need to talk about everything."

​"You're right." Doojoon agreed. Mi-Young pulled her phone out from her pocket and handed it to Doojoon. He text Jaejoong arranging to meet tomorrow evening after work at Jaejoong's place.