Chapter 11

One Last Wish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-GIcjn6NyI

 

During that afternoon back at the orphanage, Jaejoong and Mi-Young worked on a few finance agreements together. Mi-Young was beginning to feel a lot more comfortable around Jaejoong.

That evening Mi-Young decided to introduce Hana to Jaejoong properly after the 'cafe uncident'.

Mi-Young walked into Hana's bedroom where she was quietly watching television.

"Hey sweetie, there's someone I want you to meet again." Mi-Young kneeled down in front of Hana. "Do you remember the ahjusshi from the cafe?"

"The rude ahjusshi?"

Mi-Young giggled and looked over towards Jaejoong, who was leaning against the door frame with his signature raised eyebrow look. "Yeah...the rude one."

Jaejoong walked in slowly and stood a metre away from Haha and Mi-Young. "Now Hana, what dare should we make Jaejoong do for being rude to you that time in the cafe?"

*Wtf. Dare? She can't be serious.*

A sly smile came across Mi-Young's face as she looked at Jaejoong.

"We should make him do a funny dance!" Hana brightly said and clapped her hands together.

"Mi-Young..." Jaejoong's expression looked uncomfortable and scared like a 5 year old boy. He looked at Mi-Young who was enjoying herself and gave her a 'you-can't be-serious' look.

"You heard her, Mr Kim." Mi-Young looked amused, "she said do a funny dance." She said in a threatening but playful way.

Jaejoong paused for a moment before he started slowly shaking his hips. He lifted her his hands and began waving them from side to side. An infectious chuckle escaped Mi-Young's mouths as Hana giggled.

"Yah! Stop laughing!" Jaejoong gently kicked Mi-Young's crossed legs and pouted.

"Please continue, Mr Kim." Mi-Young tried her best to stifle her giggles.

Jaejoong then hopped around the bedroom like a bunny-rabbit and twitched his nose.

Hana burst into laughter, kicked her legs in the air and grinned widely. Mi-Young also cracked up whilst watching Jaejoong's silliness. Mi-Young stopped laughing and looked at Hana with affection and had never seen her so happy. It was a blessing that she was still smiling after all she's been through.

"Ahjusshi's so silly!" Hana squealed with laughter.

Jaejoong slowly stopped what he was doing and smiled admirably at Hana. *I'm glad I could make her laugh.* He glanced over at Mi-Young, who mouthed the words 'thank-you' to him. He smiled softly in response and nodded his head.

"Hana, I think it's time we get you ready for bed," Mi-Young stood up and held out her hand for Hana to take hold off.

Jaejoong pulled out her pyjamas from the draw and held out her pyjama bottoms to slide on after Mi-Young had taken off Hana's dress.

"Actually ahjusshi, I don't hate you anymore. I think you're nice."

"Hate me?"

"Well, when you were rude to MiMi at the cafe, I hated you but not anymore." Hana smiled cutely.

"Well that's good. I happen to think you're nice too."

"Alright you two, that's enough confessions for one day." Mi-Young warmly said.

After putting on her pyjamas, Hana, Mi-Young and Jaejoong stood in the bathroom. Mi-Young prepared Hana's medicine and handed her the tablets with a glass of water. She swallowed them and passed the glass back to Mi-Young. "Good girl."

Mi-Young sat on the edge of the bath and watched Jaejoong gently brush Hana's hair. She couldn't help but think how different Jaejoong is to how he was when they first met. He was loving and caring with Hana, putting aside his usual arrogant and smart-mouthed self, which impressed Mi-Young imensely.

"I didn't think take you for the kind of guy to be good with kids," light-heartedly said Mi-Young.

At her sudden words, Jaejoong's expression became serious. "There's alot you don't know about me Mi-Young."

Mi-Young gazed up to him with curiousity, "like what?"

"Come for a drink with me sometime and perhaps I'll tell you."

*How can he make a simple, kind request sound so threatening?* She thought, trying to ignore him.

Before she had a chance to answer, Ji Hoon knocked at the en-suite bathroom door.

"Sorry to interrupt but Mi-Young, Doojoon's here to pick you up." Ji-Hoon mentioned and walked out again.

At the sound of Doojoon's name, Jaejoong's eyes automatically widened. He looked as if he had seen a ghost. Swallowing hard, Jaejoong tried his best to act casual.

"Oh Jaejoong, you should come and meet my financee!" Exclaimed Mi-Young, clapping her hands together.

"Umm..." Jaejoong stuttered and tried his best to think of an excuse not to.

"Ahjusshi, please can you read me a story before I go to sleep?" Hana requested at the perfect time.

*Phew. Thank goodness for Hana.* "Of course, you go and choose one and I'll be right there." He answered then turning to Mi-Young he awkwardly said, "maybe another time."

Mi-Young nodded and smiled, understandingly. "No problem," Mi-Young said and the two of them walked out of the bathroom and into Hana's bedroom.

"Goodnight sweetie," Mi-Young kissed Hana on the head, who was sitting happily in her bed.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Jaejoong," Mi-Young waved and left the bedroom to meet her finacee.

Jaejoong kneeled beside Hana's bed and tucked her in. "Snuggle down and we'll read this story together."