Chapter 1

One Last Wish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjrScBXRofI

 

"Mr Yoon," the secretary called from the reception desk as Doojoon was coming out of his office, "I have a gentleman on the phone asking when you're next available for a consultation?"

Doojoon began walking backwards whilst facing the secretary, "tell him I'll call him back Monday," he said in a rush, on his way to meet his girlfriend, Mi-Young.

He stopped at the big glass double doors, the entrance to his art gallery, with his laptop and briefcase in hand "Yeon-Jae, you can go home also, it's Friday evening, go home to your husband," he said cheerfully with a farewell wave and ran out the door.

Doojoon always treated his staff really well. He gave them a decent lunch break and also decent holiday. He had a good reputation as far as photographers go. Luxury hotels and stores wanted his artwork on their walls and that came at a high price. Couples and families demanded him for their weddings, christenings, anniversaries and birthdays. His staff who worked for him respected him and his work greatly. He had an undying talent. A talent to take something beautiful and turn it into something extraordinary.

Doojoon climbed into his black BMW M6 and headed towards the restaurant. He pulled up outside small, local restaurant. He parked his car just outside and headed into the restaurant. 

As he walked into the restaurant, he spotted a gorgeous figure sitting alone at one of the tables. Her hair was a deep shade of black. It flowed in waves to adorn her glowing, porcelain-like skin. Her eyes, framed by long lashes, were a rich brown and seemed to brighten the world with just one look. She was wearing a gorgeous deep green dress which elongated her figure even more.

*Yup, that's my girlfriend* he thought in admiration.

The restaurant was buzzing as per usual on a Friday night with couples and families getting together for dinner. It was a simple traditional korean restaurant which was located underground. Mi-Young and Doojoon never liked eating at expensive, 5-star restaurants as they thought it never really suited them. They much more preferred the smaller, less extravagant places.

He walked over without her noticing and placed a bouquet of orange tulips on the table in front of her. She looked at the flowers in surprise and then up to her boyfriend who was standing next to her with a cheeky grin on his face.

"Hey beautiful," he kissed the side of her head before sitting across the table from her, "sorry I'm late," he apologised.

Whenever Mi-Young had a reason to be mad at Doojoon, he always did something special to make up for it. She knew he was a good guy and everyday she was grateful to him for being in her life. The two of them were best friends and nothing could change that.

She knew Doojoon would be there for here no matter what. He knew her better than she knew herself. He loved everything about her. The way she would think of everybody before herself and never expect anything in return. She was always honest but never hurtful. They were in love with eachother and they both knew nothing or nobody could come between them.

Mi-Young smiled warmly at his kind gesture. "You know, you didn't have to buy me flowers. Even though they're gorgeous."

"Why? Can't I buy my girlfriend flowers?"

"Not that, it's just not necessary." She smiled shyly. Doojoon never failed to make her go weak at the knees. She reached out for his hand. "How was work today?"

"It was good. I finally sold that photograph of Mt. Oseongsan which had trouble selling. So I guess dinner's my treat tonight," he teased, knowing he would pay anyway.

The two spent a good 3 hours chatting and catching up, telling eachother about their days and what they had been up to. Actually, it was more Mi-Young who talked non-stop but Doojoon was content in just listening to every word she had to say as if it was the first time they had met.

After dinner, they went for a stroll by the Han River. As couples do, Doojoon took off his jacket and placed it on Mi-Young's shoulders. Doojoon stopped in front of Mi-Young and faced her. He her cheek with the back of his hand and kissed her softly on the lips, saving no room for air.

Mi-Young pulled back from the kiss, gazed at Doojoon and finally spoke, "I'm so glad you're in my life," she whispered gently.

Doojoon placed his forehead against Mi-Young's and closed his eyes. "Me too."