Chapter 30

Love Will Find A Way

 

 

 

The Truth - Part 2


“Omo.. Jessica?”, Yuri shockingly asked. Sooyoung nodded his head slowly. “Soo! How did you..? Haishh.. never mind. Oh, god.. this is not good.. not good!”, Yuri exclaimed as he facepalmed himself, still shocked.

“Why? The way you said like I have fallen in love with a gangster’s daughter or something like that”, Sooyoung said, looking at him weirdly.

“Gangster my foot!”, Yuri replied annoyingly. “You know that she’s already engaged, why are you still seeing her?”, he snapped.

“Come on, Yul. She's already admit that she's in love with me too. This is not a one-sided love. I love her, she loves me, and Danny loves her too. I mean, I'm always looking for a woman who's not only can accept me, but Danny too”, Sooyoung said.

“How can I put a sense into your head? You’re pabo, Soo, you know that? I don’t mind if she’s still single. Wake up from your dream, Soo. She’s already engaged... E.N.G.A.G.E.D. for god sake! Do you know the meaning of that word? That mean, she’s only a one step closer to get married! Haishh!”, Yuri grunted.

Sooyoung was pensive at the moment, and let out a heavy sigh before he started to speak. “How can I never think about that, Yul? I’m selfish, huh?”, he said. Yuri let out a small smile, and patted his friend’s shoulder gently.

“It’s still not too late, Soo. I know how you feel buddy, but I don’t want you to suffer from another heartbreak if things are not working out just like what both of you want it to be. We didn’t know what Jessica’s father, or her fiance capable to do if they find out that Jessica’s having an affair with another man”, Yuri said as he tried to put a sense on his friend’s head. Sooyoung rubbed his neck and sighed.

“I need a time to think about it, Yul. I’m deeply in love with her, and I’d never fall in love with any other girl other than her. It’s hard for me to break with her in such a short time”, Sooyoung said.

“I know, buddy, I know. But, please consider about what I’ve said to you. I don’t want you to get hurt just like before. Besides, you have Danny to look after. Please remember that, okay?”, Yuri replied.

“I will, Yul. Thanks for remind me about all this”, Sooyoung said as he smiled slightly.

“Hey, that’s what friends are for, Soo. Don’t mention it”, Yuri replied as he patted his friend’s back. “Come, let’s start our work”, he said as he stood up from the bench.

“Yeah, let’s”, Sooyoung said as he too got up from the bench, and both of them walked out of the store room, heading to the kitchen.

“Hey, where have you guys been?”, Yoona asked as soon as she saw her boyfriend and Sooyoung walked towards the kitchen. She’s putting the ingredients for making bread on the kitchen counter. Yuri leaned closer and gave a peck on her cheek.

“We’re at the store room just now, having a small talk”, Yuri said as he helped his girlfriend arranging the ingredients.

“A small talk? About what?”, Yoona asked again as she immediately stopped arranging the ingredients. She’s interested to know more on what they’ve talked about.

“It’s nothing, babe. Just a men’s talk, that’s all”, Yuri replied as he tried to avoid from being interrogated by his girlfriend. Yoona furrowed her brows, still not satisfied with Yuri’s answer. She knew there must be something serious that they’ve talk about. She could sense that Yuri and Sooyoung were hiding something from her.

“I know you well, baby. There must be something that you guys hide from me”, Yoona said as she smirked while putting her hands on her hips. Yuri knew that gesture. She will do that gesture whenever she pissed off with something. He nervously leaned closer to his girlfriend.

“I-It’s true babe. Nothing serious”, Yuri mumbled nervously while holding her arm.

“Kwon Yuri! Lie to me once, then you’ll sleep on the couch for the rest of your life!”, she exclaimed loudly while giving her icy glare at the latter. Yuri gulped. Sooyoung immediately covered his mouth, tried to hide his laughter. Yoona noticed on it, and immediately shifted her glare at Sooyoung.

“Uh, oh!”

“You! Choi Sooyoung! Don’t you think that you can escape from me. Do you still wanna work here, or do you want me to kick you out of here?”, she exclaimed while her index finger pointing at Sooyoung. Sooyoung face turned pale as soon as he heard the threat from the latter. He knew that Yoona really mean for what she said earlier. He mouthed to Yuri to tell her the truth.

“B-babe, we’re sorry, okay? We just discussed about Sooyoung. Eventually, he’s falling in love with someone. But, this girl belongs to someone else”, Yuri said. Yoona eyes got widened upon hearing on what her beloved boyfriend has said just now. She’s in shocked.

“Mwoh? Is that true, Soo?”, Yoona asked while looking at Sooyoung. He smiled bitterly as he just nodded his head. “Who’s the girl?”, Yoona asked again. Sooyoung silent for a while.

“Hello to earth, Mr. Choi Sooyoung! I’m asking you just now. Who’s the girl?”, Yoona sarcastically asked.

“S-she’s J-Jessica”, he stuttered.

“Jessica who? Do I know her?”, she asked again. Sooyoung just nodded her head. Yoona furrowed her brows, tried to think about the name of the girl he had mentioned. She suddenly clicked her fingers.

“Wait, you mean, Jessica Jung? Nicole’s boss?”, Yoona asked. Again, Sooyoung just nodded his head.

“Oh.. my.. god!”


Later that night at a restaurant, somewhere in Seoul

Donghae brought Jessica to have their dinner together at a fancy restaurant. Although Jessica tried to reason with her tiredness since she came home late from work, Donghae insisted to bring her out, which has been annoying her a bit much.

Both of them arrived at the restaurant around 8:00 p.m. They were greeted by a waiter as both of them are regular customers at the restaurant.

“Annyeong Mr. Lee, Miss Jung”, the waiter greeted as soon as he opened the door for them.

“Annyeong, thank you”, Donghae thanked him. The waiter then led them to their usual table. After they reached at their table, Donghae immediately pulled out the chair for Jessica.

“Thanks”, Jessica said as she immediately sat on the chair.

“You’re welcome, babe”, Donghae smiled and rushed to sit on his chair. The waiter then immediately laid the menu on the table. Donghae took the menu and browsed through the list of the food in there, while Jessica just glanced at the menu.

“What would you like to have, babe?”, Donghae asked while looking at Jessica.

“Just bring me chicken salad, and a glass of warm water, please”, Jessica said directly to the waiter. He nodded his head and jotted down the order.

“I’d like to have grilled salmon with shrimp and crab Creole sauce, over rice and beans. Please bring us a bottle of red wine, thank you”, Donghae said to the waiter. The waiter nodded his head as he took the menu, and immediately walked away from their table.

Donghae noticed that Jessica was quiet since they entered the restaurant. He tried to break the silence.

“Hey, why are you so quiet tonight, babe?”, he asked.

“It's nothing”, Jessica replied with a forced smile. Donghae knew that he has forced Jessica to go out with him to have a dinner tonight without her consent.

“I’m sorry. I know you’re tired, but I really want to see you baby. I miss you so much. I missed having a dinner together with you”, he said softly. He took Jessica’s hand and caressed it gently.

“It’s okay, Donghae. Sorry, I’m really tired today”, Jessica said as she slowly pulled back her hand, and rested on her thigh. Donghae felt a bit frustrated with Jessica’s act tonight. He wondered what was happened with her. She’s started acting cold towards him since he came back from Japan.

“Babe, are you okay? Did I do something wrong that make you pissed?”, he asked while looking at her worriedly. Jessica felt uneasy. She really wanted to tell Donghae to call off their engagement right now, but the place doesn’t seem appropriate to do so, since there are so many people having dinner at the restaurant on that night. But, she doesn’t care anymore. She need to tell him as soon as possible.

“Donghae.. a-actually I-I..”, Jessica was about to continue her words when suddenly the waiter came with a tray of food and drinks they had ordered earlier.

“Your order Mr. Lee, Miss Jung”, the waiter said as he placed the food and drinks on the table.

“Thank you”, both of them thanked the waiter in unison. The waiter bowed to them and immediately leaving their table.

“Sorry babe. You wanna talk about something just now?”, Donghae asked while looking at the latter.

“Yeah, but let’s eat first, okay?”, Jessica replied with a slight smile while sipping her drink.

“Okay”, Donghae said. Both of them started to eat silently. He really felt awkward tonight, but he just let it be since Jessica wasn’t in the mood to talk right now.

After both of them finished with their dinner, Donghae then poured another glass of wine and slowly drank on it. He was about to pour the wine into Jessica’s glass, but she stopped him from doing so. He just complied.

“So, what is it that you wanna tell me, babe?”, Donghae asked while sipping the wine. Jessica felt nervous. She cleared before she started to speak.

“Donghae, I know we’ve been together for such a long time. I don’t want to it say much, but the thing that I want to say is that I..”, she paused. Her heart beats fast as she tried to gain a strength to say the words that might broke his heart.

“What is it, babe? You’re making me nervous”, Donghae said anxiously. Jessica hold Donghae’s hand, and she took a deep breath before she started to speak again.

“Let’s call off our engagement. I want to break up with you, Donghae”, Jessica finally managed to say those words to him. Donghae was shocked, and he almost spilled the wine on the table. He, still couldn’t believe on what Jessica has said to him just now.

“You’re kidding, right?”, Donghae asked. Jessica shook her head.

“No, I-I’m not kidding, Donghae. I really mean it. I-I’m sorry”, Jessica’s voice started to crack. She slowly released her hand from Donghae’s, but he immediately grabbed her hand.

“Tell me the truth, Jessica. You’re kidding, right. It’s.. it’s not true, right?”, Donghae frantically asked. His voice was shaking.

“For god sake I’m not, Donghae! I really mean it!”, she said as her voice raising. Donghae massaged his temple with his free hand, and his other hand still holding Jessica’s hand.

“Jessica, do you know that we’re was about to get married in 3 months time? Do you know that?”, Donghae started to raise his voice. He felt so frustrated and heartbroken. People who sat near their table started to give a weird look at them. Donghae tried to calm down. He then called the waiter to bring the bill. He quickly released Jessica’s hand as soon as he saw the waiter walked to their table.

After checking the bill, he just dumped some amount of money on the bill, and immediately stood up from his seat. He grabbed Jessica’s hand tight, and dragged her to walk out of the restaurant, leaving the waiter dumbfoundedly.

“Let go of me, Donghae. It’s hurt! Let me go!”, Jessica yelled as soon as both of them were outside of the restaurant building. Donghae then roughly released her hand after both of them were at the car park.

“Why, Jessica? Why?”, he yelled at her. He was so angry until his face turned into red, like his head was about going to explode at any time. “Why are you doing this to me, Jessica? Why are you doing this to us?”, his voice started to crack. Jessica cupped her face and started to cry.

“I-I’m sorry D-Donghae. I d-did this because.. I-I don’t love you anymore”, she said while sobbing.

“But why now, Jessica? I love you wholeheartedly. We’re so in love before. We loved each other since we’re at the college. I’d never loved any other girl other than you, Jessica. Please don’t do this to me. I can go crazy, Jessica. I can’t live without you”, Donghae said as he started to cry. Jessica slowly walked closer to Donghae, and hold his hand.

“Donghae, please, listen to me...”, Jessica said as she stared at Donghae’s face. Donghae refused to look at her. His eyes still looking at the ground.

“Donghae, please! If you love me so much, then please, let me go”, Jessica said softly.

“Who’s that man, Jessica?”, he asked her with a straight voice.

“You don’t have to know...”, Jessica replied as she paused.

“I’ll let you go if you tell me who’s that man”, he said calmly. Jessica was hesitant at first, but she really wanted to end this soon.

“Ch-choi Sooyoung”, she stuttered nervously. Donghae took a deep breath before he started to speak.

“Let me send you home”, he said.

“It’s okay, Donghae. You don’t have to. I can take a taxi”, she said. Donghae was silent for a while.

“Okay, if you say so. Good night, Jessica”, he said as he walked to his car, leaving Jessica dumbfoundedly. He immediately entered his car, and started the engine. He took his phone from his pants pocket, and dialed a number.

“Hello”, the voice greeted him.

“I want you to do something for me”, Donghae said.

“What is it?”, the voice asked.

“Find who’s Choi Sooyoung”, he ordered.

“Okay, will do that. I’ll call you on tomorrow”, the voice said.


“Thanks”, Donghae replied. He immediately drove his car, leaving the car park soonest possible.

 

 

 

 

 

 

**Uh, oh! O.o**

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

=============================================================================

Hello chingus! Sorry for the late update. As I promised, the drama begins! Wonder what will Donghae do when he successfully find out about Sooyoung? Stay tuned for the next chapter!

For my subscribers and readers, thank you so much for subscribing and reading my story. I feel so honored as I never thought that you guys will like it. And, not to forget for those who leave their comments, thank you so much as it's inspired me to write the best for you. Keep on commenting, guys! Saranghaeyo! ^^

Sincerely,

 

Your humble author.