Chapter 3

Love Will Find A Way

 

At Seoul University

Sooyoung arrived at the university campus half an hour early as usual. His lecturing schedule per week were only on Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning. Every afternoon he would go to Yuri's cafe as he's working as a part-time waiter there. That was the routine of his life since almost five years.

As soon as he arrived, he went straight to staff room to make preparation before starting the lecture. While he was busy concentrating on his preparation, his best friend and also a colleague, Kim Taeyeon who just arrived then came to his room.

“KNOCK! KNOCK!”

“Come in!”, he shouted. Taeyeon slowly opened the door and popped his head up inside the room.

“Morning Soo!”, Taeyeon greeted.

“Hey, morning Tae! Come in”, he smiled. Taeyeon entered inside, and sat on the chair in front of Sooyoung’s desk.

“Got a time for breakfast?”, Taeyeon asked.

“Oh, sorry bro. I’ve already had it at home. Where’s Tiff?”, Sooyoung asked him back.

“She’s not coming today. Not feeling well”, Taeyeon said as he leaned his back on the chair.

“Wae? What have you done to her, huh?”, Sooyoung asked as he smirked.

“Done what? Wait a minute, what’s with that look?”, Taeyeon furrowed his brows. Sooyoung just giggled.

“Nothing. Seriously, what happened to her?”, Sooyoung asked again.

“She’s having a flu. She’s on sick leave today”, Taeyeon explained.

“Ahh.. no wonder you’re here early this morning, huh?”, Sooyoung bobbed his head and continued. “But, I’m really sorry, bro. I’ve to give a lecture in another half an hour”, he said.

“It’s okay, Soo. Maybe I can ask Yong or Seo to join me later. Alright, got to go. I’ll see you at lunch, okay!”, Taeyeon said as he got up from the chair.

“Sorry again, bro. I’ll be heading to Yuri’s cafe as soon as my class ended. My shift will start at 2.00”, he said.

“Haishh.. okay, Mr. Busy Bee! I’ll see you.. hmm.. when, huh?”, he scratched his chin and continued. “Oh! I’ll see you when I see you! Bye!”, Taeyeon grunted and immediately went out of the room. Sooyoung just laughed and waved his hand at his friend.

“This midget. Never fail to amuse me!”, he giggled.


A few hours later at the lecture hall

“Alright guys. I want you to submit your assignment by this Wednesday. Just to remind you about the references for your assignment. You can use the books in the library, or articles from the internet, but no plagiarism, got it?”, Sooyoung said his students.

“Yes, Mr. Choi!”, the students replied.

“Good. If you have anything to ask regarding the assignment, just send me an e-mail, okay?”, he said. All students nodded their heads.

“Alright, guys. I’ll see you again on Wednesday, and class dismissed”, he said. He then gathered all his books and notes and put it in his bagpack. Krystal who was in his class since then immediately walked towards his desk.

“Ehmm.. Mr. Choi”, Krystal called his name.

“Yes? Oh, hi Krys! What can I do for you?”, Sooyoung smiled.

“Gosh.. his smile! God.. kill me right now!
Oh, no..no.. don’t kill me right now.. I need to see him first!”


“Hmm.. c-can I see you for a while? I want to ask you about the assignment that you gave us just now”, she asked.

“Oh, yeah. Sure Krys. What is it that you want to ask?”, Sooyoung said as he walked towards Krystal. Krystal immediately opened her notebook and placed it on the table. Sooyoung leaned closer to have a look on it.

“He smell nice. Haishh.. stop it Krystal!”

“Err.. hmm... c-can I use this article as a reference for my assignment?”, Krystal asked. She felt her heart was pounding when Sooyoung is so close to her. Sooyoung leaned forward to read the article title that Krystal had written in her notebook.

“Hmm.. yeah, sure you can. I have read it before, it’s good to put as a reference”, Sooyoung replied as he nodded his head. “Alright, anything else?”, he asked as he smiled.

“Alright. Just wanna try my luck. Hwaiting Krys!”

“Err... c-can I have a lunch with you, Mr. Choi?”, she decided to ask. Sooyoung was surprised by the sudden invitation, but he tried to act normal.

“Hmm.. I’m sorry Krys. My part-time job shift will start this afternoon, so, I need to be there a bit early. Maybe we can have lunch together some other time, okay?”, Sooyoung said as he smiled.

“Ohh.. hmm.. yeah.. it’s okay, Mr. Choi. Maybe next time”, Krystal mumbled as a small smile formed on her lips. She felt a bit disappointed.

“Alright. I need to go now. I’ll see you later. Bye!”, Sooyoung said as he went back to his desk and grabbed his bagpack. He then waved at Krystal, and slowly walked out of the lecture hall.

“Gahh.. almost Krys, almost! I’ll get you next time, Choi Sooyoung!”, he mumbled.


At Yuri’s Cafe

“Baby, where did you put the flour stock?”, Yoona shouted. She’s in the store room.

“Check inside the big box. I think I have put it there”, Yuri replied. He’s at the kitchen, preparing ingredients to cook. “Have you found it, babe?”, he asked.

“Yeah, I found it, thanks!”, she replied as she walked out from the store room with four packets of white flour in her hands. She put the flour packets on the kitchen counter and walked towards her boyfriend. She then back hugged him.

“What are you doing, baby?”, she asked while watching him preparing the ingredients.

“I’m preparing ingredients for our lunch menu today. And, what are you going to do with the flours?”, he asked while caressing her arms.

“I’m going to make creamy puff croissant. I received a call this morning from Nicole. She asked me to prepare for tea break menu about ten sets, and send it to her office. Her boss had a meeting with a client this afternoon at four”, she replied. While they were busy talking, suddenly the bell at the ordering counter rang.


“Boss, two smoked salmon pasta, and two ice lemon tea!”, the waitress placed the first customer’s order.

“Got it!”, Yuri said. “Alright, sweetheart. We need to start our work right now”, Yuri patted Yoona’s arms. Yuri kissed his girlfriend’s cheek after she released her arms from his waist.

“Am I late?”, suddenly the kitchen’s door swung opened. Sooyoung entered the kitchen and put his bagpack at the storage rack inside the store room. He then changed his shirt to a white plain long sleeve shirt. He’s already in black pants since white shirt and black pants were the uniforms for cafe’s worker.

“Hey, buddy! Nope. You’re early as usual, Soo”, Yuri said while busy stirring the pasta in the hot pan.

“Hi Yul. Who’s already here?”, Sooyoung asked as he referring to other workers.

“Jiyeon and Wooyoung. The goguma couple still not arrived yet”, Yuri replied as he giggled.

“Yeah, they’re still at the campus. I think they will come a bit late since their lecture started at 10.00 this morning”, Sooyoung informed as he walked towards the kitchen counter.

“Hey, Soo. You’re here already”, Yoona said while carrying a tray with two glasses of ice lemon tea as it ready to be served for their customers.

“Yup, yup. Give it to me, boss”, Sooyoung replied as he took the tray from Yoona’s hands.

“Thanks. By the way Soo, I need your help for delivery this afternoon at 4.00”, Yoona said.

“Okay, what’s the place?”, he asked while placing the tray at the ordering counter and pressed the bell.

“It’s at Nicole’s office. You can ask anyone here to help you”, Yoona said.

“It’s okay Yoon, I’ll go there by myself”, Sooyoung replied as he smiled.

“Thanks Soo. Now I’m going to prepare the croissant. I’ll inform you when everything is ready, okay?”, Yoona said as she headed to the kitchen counter.

“Alright. I’ll continue with my work right now”, Sooyoung said and walked out from the kitchen.


A few hours later

“Croissant, checked. Coffee, checked. Alright, ready to be delivered!”, Yoona said. Sooyoung then took the storage box and carefully carried it to the van.

“Hey, Soo, need help?”, Yonghwa asked as he helped Sooyoung carried the hot coffee storage box and put it inside the van.

“It’s okay, Yong. Go and help others. I’m fine handling it alone there”, Sooyoung said as he patted Yonghwa’s shoulder.

“Okay, if you say so. Drive carefully!”, Yonghwa said as he closed the van’s door. Sooyoung entered the van and started to drive, heading to the customer’s place.


At Nicole’s office

“Hey, Soo. Let me help you”, Nicole greeted him as she took the croissant storage box and arranged it on the meeting table.

“Thanks Nic. Where should I put the coffee?”, Sooyoung asked while carrying the coffee storage box.

“Just put it on the table. I’ll arrange it later”, Nicole replied as he helped Sooyoung to put the box on the table. “Alright, come to my room”, Nicole said as she lead Sooyoung to her room.

“Alright, here’s the money, Soo”, Nicole said as she handed the money to Sooyoung.

“Thanks Nic”, Sooyoung thanked the girl as he smiled.

“You’re welcome, Soo. Nice doing business with you guys. Don’t forget to send my regards to Yoona, Yuri and the rest, okay?”, she said as she waved her hand at Sooyoung. 

"Sure, I will. I’ll see you later, nice doing business with you too!" Sooyoung walked out of her room and waved at her back when suddenly...


“THUD!”

“Oww!”, the voice groaned. The person fell on the floor.

“Omo, I’m sorry, I’m so sorry!”, Sooyoung frantically said as he helped the person to get up from the floor.

“What the..”, the person grunted while holding Sooyoung’s arm.

“Hey, I know you!”, the person shockingly said.

“Huh?”

 

 

 

 

**Hmm.. who's that person?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Hello chingus! Sorry for the late update. Hope you guys will like the chapter. Sorry if it's a bit boring.

Thank you so much for subscribing and reading my story. And, thank you so much for your comments as well. Really appreciate it.

I'll see you guys in the next chapter soon!

 

Sincerely,

Your humble author.