The Floor

I Couldn't Care Less

 

Luhan has only been in his new house for an hour, but he has quickly warmed up to the boys, with the exception of 'Teal Hoodie.' He was quickly learning new things about his housemates. For example, everyone described Kyungsoo as the “mom” of the house even if the latter refuses to acknowledge it. And apparently Kyungsoo likes to watch people have their first taste of his cooking. So he made Luhan his famous spaghetti with kimchi and sat in front of him, quietly observing Luhan; waiting to see if the new boy approved of his dish. Once he got the reaction he wanted - “Mmmm wow this is amazing!” - he nodded in satisfaction and started eating his own portion.

 

Dinner was delicious. Thanks Kyungsoo,” Luhan said to a pleased looking Kyungsoo, who cheerfully responded, “No problem hyung.”

 

After washing the dishes, Luhan followed Kyungsoo to the living room where the other boys have already gathered to watch a variety show called Running Man. The boys were scattered all across the room. Tao and Lay were sprawled across the floor. Kris was sitting on the only recliner. Baekhyun sat comfortably on Chanyeol's lap. Xiumin and Chen shared a small couch. Suho, Kai, and 'Teal Hoodie' sat on the big white couch. Kyungsoo quickly walked over and sat on the armrest next to Kai. Luhan would have joined them, but his sudden influx of yawns suggested otherwise. He was tired. It has been an exhausting first day in a new city hours away from where he use to live, and Luhan wanted nothing more than to sleep on a warm bed.

 

He coughed to get their attention. “Ahem. Umm where exactly will I be sleeping?”

 

Chanyeol face palmed himself. “Oops. Forgot to tell you that you'll be rooming with our dearest maknae Sehun.” Of course it would be 'Teal Hoodie'. Luhan resisted the urge to object to this displeasing arrangement. He didn't want the boys to think he was demanding or rude, unlike someone he now shares a room with. He sighed. Maybe 'Teal Hoodie' isn't so bad...

 

Suho nudged Sehun. “Show Luhan hyung to your room. Remember Sehun be nice.” Sehun merely grunted at the older boy's request, but got up nonetheless. He started walking towards the staircase. Luhan took this as his cue to follow after grabbing his suitcase. He said good night to the boys as he walked up stairs.

 

Good night,” they all responded. Luhan softly smiled. Despite having to room with – Luhan eyes darted towards Sehun's back – I think I'm going to like it here.

 

Sehun led him to the room on the left side of the staircase. As Sehun opened the door, Luhan let the sight and smell of the room engulf him. The room wasn't too big, but not small either. It smelled like chocolate and man's cologne. The room was painted blue with what seems to be hand painted black music notes strung all around the wall. There was a big window in between two desks, one was empty and the other was scattered with books and music sheets. On the right side was a bed big enough for two and a walk in closet. On the left side of the room was what Luhan assumed to be Sehun's music corner consisting of a big keyboard, microphones, and a small station for his audio gears. He is into music..Interesting..

 

Ignoring Luhan's wandering eyes on the room, Sehun plopped on his bed and grabbed a book from his nightstand. He looked like someone who was oblivious to the fact that another person was in his presence.

 

After looking around, Luhan decided he liked the room, but then a thought occurred to him.

 

Where will I be sleeping?” The room had everything except a second bed. His bed.

 

Sehun once again ignored him, continuing to read whatever it was he was reading.

 

Hey! I'm talking to you,” Luhan loudly said with a hint of impatience. I will not be ignored... you jerk.

 

Sehun's eyes looked up and he gave Luhan a nasty look as if Luhan was some sort of rodent he stumbled upon. A rodent in need of a good squashing. He got up and went to the closet, pulled out a dark colored bundle, and threw it on the floor. What is that? It's not a....Luhan looked closer at the bundle on the floor.

 

...SLEEPING BAG?!” Luhan shouted in disbelief at the younger boy's rude suggestion that he sleeps in a freaking bag.

 

I assume you know how to use it,” came Sehun's cold response.

 

What?! You expect me to sleep in that?” Luhan pointed in horror at the bundle. Sehun shrugged off his question and plopped back on his bed as if the brief interruption never happened.

 

Luhan's insides were starting to boil. This kid! How could he treat me like this? I'm his new roommate. I'm –

 

I'm your HYUNG! I refuse to sleep on the floor in that bag. What about another bed? I'll buy one myself if I have to.”

 

As you can see Bambi, there isn't room for another bed,” Sehun responded blankly. Did he just call me a Disney character?

 

Well what is wrong with sharing your bed? It's big enough for 2.”

 

You want to sleep with me?” Sehun asked with a cocky tone. He continued, “Hate to break it to you, but you're not my type.”

 

Luhan's eyes widen, apparently in shock at how the younger boy could easily say stuff like that to an older male. He wanted nothing more than to grab that lumpy bundle still on the floor and smack the boy in the head, but instead he started his breathing exercises. Breathe in, out, in, out. Calm down. You can do this.

 

Fine. I will sleep in the bag, but just for tonight! I'm too tired to deal with your rudeness. We'll talk about this tomorrow.” Luhan unrolled the bundle and got in. It was one of those sleeping bag that reminded him of a human cocoon. Luhan shuddered at the comparison, but otherwise he didn't move. He didn't feel like changing out of his day clothes. Sleep was more important right now.

 

Whatever. I don't care,” was all Sehun said before he got up to turn off the lights and got under his covers. He took a glance at the new lump on his floor and saw that Luhan had already fallen asleep. He silently scoffed at the sight and went to sleep.

 

That night Luhan dreamt that he was happily stuffing a familiar person with a teal hoodie into a darn sleeping bag. 

 

 

~~~~~~Second update in one day! Whew. It was fun writing this chapter. Some Hunhan interactions :) Thanks for the comments!