Chapter 12

Too Many Worlds

 

Rin and Baekhyun doesn’t know that you know.  You too, are waiting for the right time to let them know of your knowledge on the matter.  It’s hard to accept the fact, but you’re gradually embracing it now.  You became close to Kris since the incident.  He constantly asks you to have lunch with him and you two do have a great time together.  Maybe it’s because both of you went through the exact same thing at the same time, so you have a mutual understanding about each other’s feelings.

You’re surprised at yourself for accepting the fact that Baekhyun is cheating on you with your sister so quickly and in such a calm manner.  It’s a great blow, but you’re going with it naturally than you think you would.  Now that you know, Baekhyun occupies less space in your mind and you can focus on more things compared to when his actions were troubling you.

Agasshi,” Chen starts as he gently guides your hand towards the fabric he pulled out.  “Are you really okay?”

You frown at his question and laugh.  “I am, Jongdae,”

You feel his eyes on you but you don’t oblige to the urge to ask him why he was asking you.  You’re okay.  You’re always okay.

“Do I have lunch with Kris-ssi, today?”

“Yes, at the usual place, agasshi,”

The usual place was a restaurant you presume was fancy.  From the smell that deliciously wafts under your nose, the cool air that envelopes you whenever you make your entrance and the high-class service of the staff inside, it was a fancy restaurant for sure. 

The ground under your feet turned from hard to soft, as you realized that you’re entering the fully carpeted floors of the restaurant.  You hear Chen mutter something at the usual staff that waits by the door and he guides you towards the table Kris was at.

The lunch has perfect timing.  Something had come up in your mind, something you wanted to ask Kris about.

After the conversation about how each of you are doing and how things are, you get to the point.

“Kris-ssi, about the engagement,” You start.  “Do you plan to break it? Or does Rin herself plan to break it?”

Kris stays quiet for a moment.  You listen to the clink of silverware in front of you and patiently wait for him to finish with his food and with his thinking.

We’re planning to break it,” He says.

Just as you thought.  Rin has her plans.  Had, to be exact.  Judging from Kris’ tone, you can know that the sentence he answered you with was a sentence that had a prepared basis. 

Rin and Kris aren’t on bad terms.  Rin doesn’t hate Kris, she just doesn’t love him.  And Kris, on the contrary, loves Rin very much.  Maybe the status ‘not on bad terms’ allowed a composed break up for the two of them, so that the following events that might occur are correctly predicted and plans must have been made.  For the media, for the families on both sides, and for the future of both the companies.

Kris explains.  “We’re planning to let my parents know soon.  As I’m the only son, it’s a fortunate thing if it’s correlated to this matter; my parents listen to me very much.  As of yours; Rin only plans to let your parents know when you know.  What about you, then.  When are you planning to let both Rin and Baekhyun know that you are no longer oblivious about their relationship?” He continues with a question.

“I’m going to break up with Baekhyun and at the same time I would let him and unnie know about what I know,” You answer, the whole scenario you’ve prepared playing back in your mind.

“And how are you going to do that?” Kris asks once more.

“With this,” You tap the side of your head, a thin smile on your lips