Chapter 33

Too Many Worlds

As you burst in through the shop, all heads turn towards you.  You realize that Kris, Baekhyun and Rin are in the shop too.  You’re too angry to even grit them and you don’t care for the little amount of customers still present in the shop, so you immediately shout, “Eun, call Jihoo and go into the studio.  Yoojoon and Kyoungmi too, now.  Kris, Baekhyun, unnie, right now, you guys too.  Hyosung will catch up.  Now!”

For a short moment everybody was shocked, but then the team did what you told them to and reluctantly, the customers turn away from you and quietly leave the shop.

You enter the studio and close the door behind you, then meet the 8 pairs of eyes staring back at you, multiple emotions crossing their faces as you look at them.  Confusion, surprise, but there’s a mutual sense of knowledge you see.

“Can anybody in this whole cursed world tell me the truth for once?” You quietly begin, but you cannot stop yourself from raising your voice.  “Can anybody,” You grit your teeth and clench your fists, “Stop hiding things from me?!” Loudly, you slam your fist onto the wall beside you, ignoring the sharp pain that travels up your arm. 

Everybody flinches at the loud sound you made and they turn their heads away, muttering incomprehensible words. 

“Tell me already!” You yell.  “Jongdae left right?! Where?! For what?! Huh?!” Your voice cracks and the tears start streaming down your face.  “You, all of you, left me ignorant of his state for what, weeks?”

“Agasshi, calm down, ple—“

“Calm down?!” You brush Eun away roughly. 

“Hey,”

“No, unnie.  I’m not listening.  Not even to you!” You cut Rin before she could say anything.  “I’ve had enough with the lies! With all the hidings! I’ve had things hidden from me for practically my whole life and when I have the chance to really see, none of you care, do you? You just hide things from me, leave me in the dark like I usually am!”

Nothing matters anymore.  You don’t care how unprofessional you look in front of the CEO of Samsung, standing in front of you with concern in her eyes.  You just hate everything. 

“Chen went across the world to Europe,” Kris says. 

“He left you this,” Kyoungmi stands up from her chair and goes over to the shelves in the room, standing on tiptoes to take your box of pictures and set it on the table, opening it then pulling an envelope from the crack between the wooden folds.  “He told us to give it to you when you’ve found out everything,” She quietly says, returning to her seat after you accept the envelope.

“You’ve found out who handed what to Samsung, you’ve found out the reason for his absence and you’ve found out where he went.  That’s practically all of it,” Jihoo says, shrugging.

“He didn’t tell us to keep things from you, we decided to do so,” Rin quietly looks at you and the envelope in her hand.  “We were about to tell you after you struck the deal with Samsung, but you were too happy for us to interfere,”

You hold back a hiccup, because now, you’re practically sobbing.

Your trembling fingers gently open the envelope and you read what’s written inside, in Jongdae’s tidy handwriting;

Hello, agasshi.

I don’t know how long it might take for you to find out about the things I did, and I don’t think you’ll forgive me for my silent absence, but just read what I have to say, okay?

I’m going to Europe.  I realized that I no longer want to stand beside you as your assistant.  I realized, that I wanted to matter to you, just like how you matter to me.

I can’t express myself so well so it’s not a very long letter.

I don’t know how long I would be away, so please, take care of yourself in Korea.  Don’t overexert your eyes and yourself and don’t take out your anger on Rin-ssi, Baekhyun-ssi, Kris-ssi, Jihoo, Eun, Kyoungmi or Yoojoon.  Take it out on this letter if you want to.  Imagine it’s the unforgivable me talking to you and punch and kick me all the time if you feel the need to. They’re guiltless and I’m the one at fault for leaving without notice.

That’s all I can say for now and I bid you goodbye.

For now.

The letter ends there and you’re crying harder than you already are. 

Rin already signalled everybody to exit the studio, so you’re left alone in silence, bathed in the orange ray of the afternoon sun.

You flip the letter over, looking for more words from Jongdae, and you find some, right at the back.

It says;

PS: When I’m back, I should be able to call you by name and ask for your hand.

The sobs rack you further as you finally realize, all this time.

That you love Jongdae, and he, loves you, from the very beginning.

 

YELLOW

WHUDDUP

not a very long update but a very important element to the story

omg :'''''''''''''''''''''

I wanna cry my eyes out :""""""""""""""""""""""

*hic* *HIC*