Chapter 26

Too Many Worlds

 

***

Click.

“Looking good, Jihoo-ah,” You grin at his glare as he notices your camera’s lens.

“You little,” He drops the stack of boxes he was carrying and runs toward you.

Squealing, you failed to dodge his arms.  He successfully scoops you up by the stomach and sets you on his shoulder like a bag of flour.

“Let me down! Let me down!” You said between breaths, your laughter filling the shop in the morning.

“Jihoo, why don’t you set her on the shelves so she can’t come down,” You look up to see Chen, a mischevious grin on his face.

“Should we?” Jihoo laughs and you hear the two of them high-five each other.

Turning your head, you see Yoojoon and Kyoungmi by the shop’s door, clearly on their way to school.  Their work is the one in the afternoon and they always pass by the shop whenever they’re making their way to school.

“3, 2, 1,” You count under your breath.  As if on cue, the two students chuckled and giggled at your state, slung over Jihoo’s shoulder and Chen completely for it. 

“Embarassment is good enough for me,” Jihoo gently lifts you up by the stomach and sets you gently on the floor, a grin permanently plastered on his face.

Bound in irritating the man, you lift your camera and take a picture of him once again.  “And this picture is good enough for me too,” You stick your tongue out at him, satisfied by his astonishment.  “You two,” You spin towards Yoojoon and Kyoungmi, swiftly pressing your camera’s button for their picture.  “Off to school,”

They laughed and waved, disappearing from the shop’s window. 

“You haven’t finished the embroidery yet, haven’t you, agasshi?” Eun’s stern voice said.

You see, the way Chen calls you has spreaded to the 5 people working with you.  Chen, refuses to change the way he calls you and naturally, everybody uses the word to call you.  Although Kyoungmi uses unnie, Yoojoon, Jihoo and Eun all uses agasshi.

“Err, nope, I haven’t,” You chuckle.  Your fingers pull out the memory card from your camera, and taking your seat on your working table, you hand it to Eun.  “You pick which one’s best,”

“Oi, Eun, don’t forget to delete my picture,” Jihoo shouts from outside.

“No, Eun, print it full-body size,” You shout back, high-fiving Eun when you hear Jihoo groan in frustration.

“Poke,” You hear Chen say, exactly when you turn your head towards his voice, his finger successfully poking your cheek.

“Poke,” Swiftly, you jab into his stomach and smirk in satisfaction when you see him flinch.

“Coffee,” He sets down a flower printed mug beside your hand, taking the seat across from you with his own plain, black mug.

“Thank you,” You take a swig and sigh contentedly, the milk and the bitterness measured to perfection, as usual. 

“Agasshi, being aloof isn’t a very good thing, you know,” You hear him say.

“Hm?”

“You’re poking your finger with the needle,”

Indeed, you are.

“Ow,” You sigh, the familiar sting pricking your finger.  Being a designer, getting poked in the finger with a needle is like eating.  So used to it you don’t realize you’re bleeding before someone else points it out for you.  Which, in this context, is always Chen.

“See,” Chen shakes his head at you, taking your hand in his.  Having done it a million times before, he dabs antiseptic onto your finger and blows on it, gently, before wrapping it with a band-aid.  “These,” He sighs,  “Are the kinds of things that worry me the most when you’re working, dear agasshi,”

“Aw, it’s nothing much,” You grip his hand back reassuringly, smiling at the worried look in his eyes.  “After all, you’ll always be here to help me blow on it,” You knock your forehead with his, turning back to the table to continue with your work.

Grinning at his long sigh, you start focusing on your work, not wanting to let him worry about you further. 

“By the way, you might not realize it, but Kris-ssi and Baekhyun-ssi is visiting the shop,” He quietly adds, playfully, a hint of amusement in his voice.

Turning your head to the window at your back, you see two familiar cars stop by your shop, and in your own excitement, you fly out of your studio and out your shop, jumping on the patches of pavements embedded into the little garden at the front to fling your arms around Kris’s neck, half-jumping in the process because of the difference in height.

“Hi,” You grip him tighter.

“Ow, hi,” He winces in your arms and you let go, the two of you chuckling afterwards.

“Me, me, my turn,” You hear Baekhyun say chirpily and you, too, wrap your arms around him in a warm hug.

It’s been quite a long time since you’ve seen the two of them, you being busy with Eunbok and all.  Baekhyun and Kris aren’t exactly empty with their time either, so seeing them here at your shop really excited you.  The two people closest to you.  If only Rin was here too, but she must be busy with the—

“Forgetting me?”

Gasping, you gape as Kris and Baekhyun makes way for your sister, emerging from Baekhyun’s car.

You throw your arms around her too, breathing in her familiar perfume.  “Unnie,” You grin into her hair.

“Sajangnim,” She jokes.

Chen greets them all, helping them into your shop and providing chairs.  Business opens at 10 and that’s half an hour from now, so you have plenty of time.

“Oh!” You hear Eun exclaim, in time to see her brighten up at the sight of the familiar people gathering before her.  “Hello,” She bows politely.

Noisily, the back door of your shop opens and Jihoo comes in, scratching his hair with the dirty gloves he’s wearing.  “Agasshi, the planks at the back doesn’t look very pretty, whaddya want me to—“ Jihoo stops himself as his eyes are met with the 4 pairs in the room, eyebrows shot up in surprise.  “Sorry, hello, hello,” He deeply bows, clearly embarassed by the entry he made.

Laughing, you stand up and pat him on the shoulder.  “This here is Song Jihoo, Jihoo, in charge of hard labour, and vice to whatever Chen’s in charge of,”

“Hello,” He bows again. 

“Good looking fellow,” Rin says, earning a nudge from Baekhyun.  “Hey!” She winces and rubs her arm.

“My sister, and my closest friends,” You laugh, introducing them back to Jihoo.

“Oh, okay,” Jihoo nods, bowing again for the third time.  “Well, um, planks, should, what?” He clears his throat in embarassment.

“Plant the drape vines, Jihoo.  They’ll cover up the cracks,” You nod, glancing at the back door.

He bows again and exits the shop, returning to his work.

“Only, um,” Baekhyun starts and lifts up his fingers one by one.  “4 people?”

“Oh, no, no,” You shake your head.  “Six.  The two are part timers, students.  Models,” You point at Yoojoon and Kyoungmi’s pictures, pasted on the wall as models for your outfits.  “Yoojoon, Kyoungmi,”

“Ooh, ulzzangs everywhere,” Kris nods in approval. 

“Cute,” Rin says as her eyes land on Yoojoon’s pictures, and this time, she successfully dodges Baekhyun’s nudge.  “You must be restless, Chen,” She adds, a twinkle in her eyes.

“Indeed, Rin-ssi,” He chuckles.  “The problem is, the concerned subject isn’t even seeing what’s right here,”

Kris pats Chen’s shoulder in mock sympathy, everybody erupting in laughter except you.  “Ah?” You dumbly say. 

“I’m not exactly as pretty as Yoojoon, agasshi.  Or as strong as Jihoo,” Chen clicks his tongue.

“But your pictures are excellent,” You shrug, nodding at Chen’s collection of pictures at the wall. 

“You’re right,” Chen rubs his chin thoughtfully.  “I didn’t notice I was that good-looking,”

Once again, everybody laughs.

“Mother and father sent their regards to you,” Rin says after finishing her coffee.  “They’re annoyed that they can’t help you in any way but at the same time they’re delighted that you’re independent enough,” She shakes her head in amusement.  “Feeling two opposite emotions at the same time,”

You laugh at this.  Yes, you’ve told your parents about your work and the fact that you’re starting Eunbok with 5 other people.  They’re monitoring closely, but you’ve made them swear that they wouldn’t do anything to assist your business or to interfere with any kind of matter that concerns Eunbok.  It went a lot better than you think it would, and life couldn’t be more perfect.  Everything just goes by smoothly, nicely, not needing anger or tears, only smiles and laughter, of success and delight.  Plus, you’re not using your name as the shop’s owner.  Sure, Yoojoon, Kyoungmi and Jihoo knows that you’re the Park family’s second daughter and they were extremely, ultimately taken aback when you told them at Eunbok’s first startup meeting, not knowing how to treat you at all and definitely overwhelmed by your very presence.  But they didn’t even let their minds cross the suspicion of having the Park family assist Eunbok.  Having your links help the shop’s success.  They fully trusted you and eventually fell together along with your pace, acting as a little family in a little shop, as brothers and sisters, as friends and as co-workers at the same time.  But outside the team, nobody knows who you truly are and you use another surname as your identity.  Not all people are as receiving as the people in your team, and you’re unbelievably thankful for their presence in your life.

“I kind of really like this place,” Rin says, glancing around the room before exiting together with Kris and Baekhyun.

“Yeah, us too,” Kris says for himself and Baekhyun.

“And really, now, you have endless talent, little sis,” She adds, winking.  “It wouldn’t be unexpected if I weren’t to pay a visit to buy your outfits,”

“I look forward to it, unnie,” You gladly say to her, hugging the three altogether before they mounted their rides and drove away.  “Visit soon!”

As the hum of their cars disappeared from your hearing, you smile thankfully and sigh at the noticeable silence that settled in the shop.  “Jongdae,” You call out.

“Yes?” He comes to you and you link your arm through his. 

“It’s kind of quiet,” You rest your head on his shoulder.

He chuckles and taps your nose.  “There’s Eun here, though.  And that noisy Jihoo, too,”

“OUCH!” On cue, Jihoo, yells and mutters under his breath at the back door, clearly in pain after something went wrong with his work.

You laugh at the comical conversation your having and you straight yourself up.  “Alright,”

“That’s agasshi for you,” Chen lifts his hands up and you high five his palms.

“It’s 10,” You notice. Sharply clapping, you ready yourself. “Opening time!”

 

 

A-YO WHUDDUP

Thank you for the goodluck wishes :'''''D you guys be good and well too arasso~^^

For those wondering and suspecting; agasshi and Chen is NOOOOOTTTTTT dating

KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEEEE~

and plus, you've got to notice some liiiiiittle details I put in.

Clue: Chen's sighs when you poked your finger, the conversation Rin, Baekhyun and Kris had with him, and Chen's second last line.

CLUE CLUE THAT'S TOO MUCH

BUT I'M NICE SO there you go

you should notice and comment and tell me what you noticed

whatever suspicions are accepted aaaaaannnnddddd i predict that some may be right and some may be wrong and some may even be both

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

delightful.

 

 

By the way, i kind of want to tell you guys that my ultimate bias is Choi Minho of SHINee

and he's starring in To The Beautiful You (Korean rendition of Hana Kimi, by SM and SBS)

and my life is just complete.

 

PLUS my story after this would be starring Daehyun of B.A.P instead of EXO

BECAUSE HE IS MY SECOND ULTIMATE BIAS.

 

LOVE Y'ALL!

comment on what you notice and the clues oh the precious clues YOU HAVE TO NOTICE. OR ELSE.

KEKE~^^