Chapter 1

Too Many Worlds

 

You sigh as you close your books and stack them on top of your arms, hugging them to your chest as you slipped out from behind your table and outside the door of the class.  The familiar chatter of your previous class fades away while your feet takes you through the necessary way towards your locker.

When suddenly someone bumps onto your shoulder, causing your books to fall with a loud thump over the floor.

“Hey!” The person, seemingly a girl, raised her voice, a breath through her teeth.  “Watch where you’re goi—“

“Ssh!” Someone else nudges the girl, a warning tone in his or her voice.

“I’m sorry,” You lower your head towards the floor and felt for your books, the distinct covers allowing you to identify them and return them to your arms.  “I’m sorry, I hope they aren’t wrinkled,” You pick up the girl’s book too, standing straight and extending your arm towards her.

“No, they aren’t,” The girl’s previously harsh voice softens, the book tugged softly away from your hand.  “I’m sorry, though,” She continues.

You smile at her and say, “That’s fine,” And then you dip your head in a bow and walk away, catching the hushed tones of the bunch of person you just bumped onto.

“You idiot!”

“Hey, I didn’t know it was her! If I knew, you think I would tell her to watch where she’s going?”

That’s right.  You’re blind.  A defect of your eyes, a flaw you’ve gotten when something went wrong with the nerves behind your eyes when you were merely three years old.  For 6 months you suffered with a blurry vision, until, it completely disappears; your ability to see, enveloping you in a world of complete darkness and obliviousness.

But living with no sight for 15 years, you’re completely used to the fact that your world is all black.  Why not an eye transplant? Because, as strange as it sounds, you’re content with your blindness.

Agasshi, I presume you’re okay?” Your assistant, who goes by the name of Chen, comes up to you, helping you with your books.

“Kim Jongdae,” You refer to his birth name.  “You presume right, as usual,”

Chen, or Kim Jongdae, is the assistant your family assigned to you.  As everything you want him to be, as he does everything you want him to do, even though you don’t really demand anything much.  His name, Chen, was given by your family to hide his real one, Kim Jongdae.  Which, you preferred to refer to him as.  That’s how high-class life is; all hiding and concealing to escape the prying eyes of the predators of reality.

“And, how many times have I told you to not call me agasshi?” You smile at your sentence, escaping your lips with no purpose.

Chen, as usual, chuckles at the words.  “No can do, agasshi,” He opens the door of your car for you, letting you in and closing it when you’re safely seated, taking the driver’s seat afterwards, softly setting your books on the seat beside him.  “To me, your name is agasshi,” He jokes.

You laugh at the joke he always gives you whenever you utter the matter of not liking him calling you agasshi.  “What do I have today, then?” You ask, feeling the car lurch forward smoothly.

“Now, we’re going home and at exactly 12, your father requests a family lunch at home.  He, too, requests you to dress up a little bit—“

“As usual,” You add, smiling at the familiar sound of Chen, clicking his tongue.

“Indeed, as usual,” He says, though, the two of you quietly laughing in the car.  “There will be a probability of the Wu family’s son’s presence, too, thus your father’s request.  Oh and, agasshi,” Chen halts his sentence, the familiar tinkle of your phone’s keychain ringing in front of you, urging your hand to extend and take the phone in your hand.  “Baekhyun-ssi called you twice and sent you voice mail,”

You flip open your phone and press the proper buttons, the voicemail your boyfriend had sent you playing by your ear. 

Hi, I sent you something you’d like, heheh, I told your maids to put it on your table, I hope you’ll like it! I’ve missed you this past week.  How’s your family? Send your parents and your sister my regards, alright.  I’m somewhere in Europe and I won’t forget to bring you your favorite cookies! I love you, see you soon,’

It clicked and ended, the smile on your face spreading wide at the voice of the guy you’re dating.  You press the buttons once again and recorded a reply.

“I’m on my way home from school and I’ll sure like your gift.  My family is very well and I won’t forget to send them your regards.  Cookies! Yay! The chocolate chip ones, don’t forget! Yeah, I love you too, tell me when you’ve come back here, okay?” And then you send it, closing your phone.

“Happy, aren’t you?” Chen says, laughing as he glances at your face through the rearview mirror.

“Don’t tease,” You say with a hard tone, but immediately, it fails you when your grin breaks back into your face.  “Yep, I am,”

Byun Baekhyun, the guy you’re dating.  To your parents consent, of course, because he’s the son of another of Korea’s biggest companies.  But you dated him because of the unique guy he is; how he first met you at a dinner and walked out to the garden with you, helping you take off your uncomfortable heels and laughing around about how the grass tickles your feet. 

It was a silly start, but it got you to the relationship you have with him.

The car halts to a stop and Chen comes down, opening the door for you.

“We’re home, agasshi,

 

Chapter 1 is UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TELL ME WHATCHA THINK YEA!

:3

xoxo