C H A P T E R : 23

My Last Letter To You ~

~45 minutes ago~

Myungsoo's P.O.V

"so you are sure that sungyoung is studying at the preschool near suyeon's current university? " i asked sungyeol over the line.

"yes, after the 598446 times i checked. " He answered my question, while emphasizing the numbers.

"fine, thanks anyway... I will treat you to a sumptuous dinner if i manage to snatch suyeon back from that damn LEE HOWON. " i told him while gritting my teeth when i mentioned hoya's name.

"i will wait for that day to come then. " he replied and i smile a little. I am glad that sungyeol has confidence in me. I ended the conversation with him afterwards and made my way to the preschool that was told by sungyeol.

Arriving at my destination 30 minutes later, i went straight into to school to check for sungyoung. I haven't seen her for more than a month time and i am sure that i miss her lots. She was my only child and the second dearest person in my heart.

"is there anything i can help you? " a teacher in the early 40s asked when i bumped into her accidentally.

"yes, do you have any idea where kim sungyoung is ? " i said.

"you meant the only korean student here. Sorry but i don't think she's at school yet. You might want to wait for a while outside the school. " she suggested and i hesitated for awhile before nodding my head.

"sure. " i spoke out and strolled out of the preschool.

 

Leaning on the wall beside the gate, i checked the time on my watch to realise that 10 minutes had passed and no sign of sungyoung was shown. All the kids have already assemble at their usual assembly area and the gate was closing. With hopes falling, i sighed a little and moved myself away from the preschool. *maybe she isn't attending school today...* i thought as i ambled towards the nearby playground. I am not sure why my feets are bringing me there when obviously i was not in the mood to see other kids playing. Suddenly, it struck me.

Suyeon and i will always bring sungyoung to the playground when she was 2 and all of us had so much fun back then. I sure do missed the old times. I stare at a family of 3 sitting at the bench with the parents helping their little child by wiping her ice-cream stained clothe while visualising me and suyeon doing that to sungyoung. It never happened because of my mistakes.

I shook my head hard to bring myself back to reality and found out that the family of 3 was gone. An encouraging smile was lifted on my face as i turned to the opposite direction, all ready to go back home when something caught my attention. "why is she crying ? " i whispered to myself. With curiosity filled to the brim, i went closer to the female that was squatting and when i looked at face, shock-ness engulfed me. It was suyeon. I tap lightly on her shoulder and she faced me with her tear-stained face.

"suyeon?" i spoke out and she stood up. "what happened? Why are you crying?" i asked worriedly while wiping her tears. She seemed weak and her soul was like gone.

"sungyoung.., she.. is.. missing. " she told me without any reaction that caused me anxiety. Truthfully, my heart was pounding wildly when i digested what she told me. America is a big country and there were many cases such as kidnapping and occurring. My mind was in a mess too but being the guy, i have too be strong enough.

"let's find her. " i dragged her along with me but halted out of the blue when i realised something.

"where was the lastt plaaace she was- i-n? " i spoke out, stuttering badly.

" this area. " she faced me with tears escaping one by one.

"don't cry, let us find her. " i interlocked my fingers with hers tightly and pulled her along with him. She didn't flinched and that was a good thing. "she is just around the corners right? She's not kidnapped or something... Right? " she asked weakly and i just kept mum. I can't assure her because me myself am not certain that she's safe. It was 8.30 am at the point of time.

 

After searching for hours and even asked help from teachers and strangers, no news of sungyoung was heard and even the slightest chance of finding her was almost impossible.

The sun was about too set soon and it will be evening in a few minutes time. Walking out from the police station after reporting for a missing person, suyeon was totally weak and she had not had her dinner yet.

"you haven't had anything to eat for the day yet, let me get you some food. " i suggested and she shook her head.

"no appetite... " she murmured silently. Suddenly she place her hand on her forehead and stumbled a little forward.

"are you alright?" i asked worriedly to see her in this type of condition.

"i... I-" Before she could finished her words, she fell to the ground right before my eyes.

"suyeon ! " i shouted.


Short update, i guess ? but it's better than not updating :C

I know i promised you all that i will update real soon, but i think i will have to take back my words. Since i am having my streaming year this year, it will determine which subjects i will be taking for next year + i will be having my competition for my cca soon so i will be very busy :C 

Anyway, if possible, i will make up to you guys by updating this saturday or sunday again <:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING ! <3

내가 사랑해 <3