Excuses

Skinny Chicks don't eat salads
RECAP : "You don't recognized your own daughter ? That's nice mom . "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


My mom's aged face was forming in a perfect 'O' . I crossed my arms coldly . Her hands trailed up to her hanging mouth . She managed to gasped a little then fix her expression .

"I-I don't know what you're talking about . " Mom mumbled avoiding eye contact . She was about to walk away but my arm shot out and gripped hers .

"Excuses . Mom that's you . Do you think that you can actually trick me easily ? Ha ! You're pathetic mom . " Mom ripped her arm from my tight grasp and stood there with her head down trembling .

"I'm sorry little girl I don't have a daughter . " Her words hit me like lightning . I gritted my teeth . My fists tightened .

"Yeah I never had a mom . " I said sacastically . She took a step forward .

"If you think you can get away like you did when you and dad left , you're wrong . " I glared maliciously . Then Mom started walking away . I wanted to shout and kick but I couldn't . I was in school . I stared at her skinny disappearing figure . Tears were already running down my tears making me trembling violently . I choked back the cries that were trying to make their way out of my mouth and slowly trudged to the bathroom .

There was no one in the restroom . With my back pressed against the cold wall , I slid down and sat there lettting the tears fall . My sobs filled the restroom . I didn't care who heard me . I know no one will care anyway . About 2 minutes later , I wiped away my tears and went back my classroom .
I sat down immediately after entering . Mr . Mong was still too giddy to notice .

"Hehe what took so long Hyoyeon ? Taking a # 2 ? Hahah ! " Yoona teased and giggled . I scoffed and rolled my eyes . Taemin's hand patted my head comfortingly . I smiled while taking notes . The bell rang . That was fast . I shrugged packing up my stuff and leaving with Taemin .

"So what did take you so long ? " Taemin asked jokingly . I punched his shoulder . Taemin laughed . I glared playfully .

"Nothing . I just got distracted by something . "

"Like what ? "

". . . Bugs ? " It came out a lie and sounded like a question .

Taemin grinned .

"I'll see you in history Hyo . "

" Yeah . " We went out seperate ways .

Should I tell him about my mom ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After school

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm soooo tired ~ I yawned and stretched my arms . I smacked my dry lips .

"Hyo ! " I turned around and was attacked by Taemin's embrace .

"I got an A+ on my test ! I'm soo happy! " Taemin jumped up and down like a little girl . I cracked up uncontrollably . Taemin laughed with me . We were in front of the school's entrance .

"Good job Taemin oppa ~ " I praised .

We took a step off the curb and then a care rudely almost ran us over . Taemin and I stumbled back onto the sidewalk dumbfounded . It was a shiny black BMW . You'll never guess who came out .

"Park the car over there driver Ling . " Mom stepped out of the car wearing a black mini and white sillettos . I glared at her . I could tell that she was ignoring me on purpose . She catwalked into the school with a stiff face . How long is she going to lie about her being my mom ? I'll outlast her .

"Who is she ? Hyo ? " He waved a careless hand in front of my face . I saw his hand but I didn't want to stop glaring at her . I grimaced and faced Taemin who was gawking at me .

"Don't you remember ? She is the woman who gave 'Monggie honey ' his lunch . " Taemin chuckled at the cheesy nickname . I gave the 'I know what you mean ' look . Male students were staring at her as she strutted with her back to us . Her red flaming hair was swinging side to side . I shook my head in disappointment . Back then she didn't even dress like that and she thought mini dresses were for s . I scoffed incredulously .

"You don't like her ? " Taemin asked curiously . I smiled half heartedly .

"She looks like a to me . " I answered meanly . Taemin looked suprised that I said such a dirty word .

"I never heard you badmouth adults before Hyo . Are you sick or something ? " Taemin felt my forehead . I lightly smack his hand away and chuckled at his concern .

"No I'm not sick . Calm down Taemin oppa . Let's just go home . " I s a arm around his small waist and dragged him with me .

"Why such in a hurry Hyoyeon ? "

"No reason oppa . " I replied shortly .

"There's definitely something wrong . Stop and tell me what's wrong . " He paused and faced me .

"Fine . You know that lady that gave lunch to Mr . Mong ? "

"The one you called a ? Yeah I remember . "

"She's my . . mom . " The word came out in monotone . Taemin gasped and gripped my shoulders .

"Seriously ? "

"Unfortunately yes . " I answered reluctantly .

"Why aren't you happy Hyo ? I thought you'd be estatic if you saw your mom again . " Taemin tilted his head in confusion .

"I thought that too . But I was wrong . That person just looks like my mom and acts like a princess . That's not the mom that I know Min oppa ! " I ended up half shouting and breathing hard . Taemin nodded understandingly .

"Your turn to calm down Hyoyeon . It'll be okay . " He hugged me warmly and I started to crying hard .

"She even denied that she ever had a daughter and ignored me . I can't believe that she'd do that ! " I said between sobs . He my hair gently . Taemin broke the hug .

"You wanna come over my house and have a sleepover ? Just to get your mind off of her ? " Taemin gazed at me with big eyes . I couldn't resist and nodded .

"Sure oppa . I'll be glad to . Thanks Taemin oppa . " I rubbed my stinging red eyes . I gulped my saliva forming in the back of my throat . Taemin smiled wholeheartedly . I exhaled relieving the lump in my throat .

"Let's go to your house and pack some stuff . Okay ? "

"Okay !~ "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eunhyuk's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Let's go over your house and pack some stuff . Okay ? " I heard when I was turning on a corner . It was Taemin and Hyoyeon . I opened my mouth to gasped but it was covered by a hand . Was it a serial killer ?? I luckily got a glance of long black hair . I relaxed . It was Yuri . She let go .

"Are you trying to kill me ? " I whispered angrily .

"Okay !~ " I heard Hyoyeon's voice . Yuri and I were hiding behind a big bush .

"Be quiet Eunhyuk ! I'm trying to spy on them ! " She half whispered half scolded .

"For what ? Planning something ? " I raised my eyebrow . Yuri looked at me flatly and smacked me upside my head .

"OW! What was that for ?? " I rubbed my sore head .

"It's for being stupid . Plus don't you like Hyoyeon or something ? " I glared at her and she gave me a smug smile .

"Spying ? I can't believe you'd go this low to get Taemin . " I crossed my arms . She ignored me and fished out binoculars . I grimaced . What the heck ?

"Binoculars ?? Are you crazy ? " She ignored me again .I huffed an angry breath .

"Look it's you either help me spy on them or scram . " Yuri threatened giving me the death eye . I gulped and nodded scared .

"So it seems like they're moving in together . " Yuri said using her binoculars .

"What ?! They're moving in together ?? Let me see ! " I ripped the binoculars from her eyes and replaced them with my eyes .

I aimed the lens to Hyoyeon's balcony window . Taemin was helping her with some clothes and other stuff . He was laughing and Hyoyeon was too .
Then Hyoyeon's figure slumped and her was hanging . What was happening ? She looked kind of sad and Taemin was reaching out to hug her . The irritating feeling built up in me again . I grimaced and looked away from the binoculars and handed them to Yuri .

She peekd through them and then looked at me .

"You're jealous right ? That's why you keep looking so sad . Tsk if you like her then go after her . " Yuri encouraged .

"I can't . Not what after I did to her . She'll never like me again . Anyway she looks like she's found someone else . "

"You're pathetic . What if that someone else found someone other then Hyoyeon ? " She suggested with evil filling her eyes .

"What do you mean ? "

"I mean like how about I get Taemin and you get Hyoyeon ? It's good for the both of us and they'll probably be happy too . How about it ? "

" . . . "

"You're afraid aren't you ? Wimp . "

"Stop calling me names . If I'm a wimp then you're a . " I retorted . She glared at me and got back to spying .

"They're coming down right now . Hide ! " Yuri pushed me behind the bush again and hid with me .

"Taemin oppa do I just go to ballet on the weekends for now ? "

"Yeah . When summer comes then you go everyday . "

"Oh I get it now . " Their footsteps faded in the other direction . Yuri poked her head out from the bush and then got out . I dusted myself . Ballet ? She takes ballet ?

"I didn't know that she takes ballet . "

"I did see her in the dance school sometimes . She talks to Taemin a lot though . Such a loser . " Yuri scoffed disgustingly . I said nothing and just walked away .

"Where are you going ? "

"Home . " I said curtly .

"Fine . "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyoyeon's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wow your house is bigger from the inside view ! " My eyes wandered all over his house .

Cream marble floors , large diamond chandlier , white walls , a kitchen the size of my apartment , maids and butlers everywhere , fancy couches , dining room bigger then my apartment , and other fancy interior decorations . His house was sublime .

"I said that when I first got here too . " He laughed softly . I grinned and followed him upstairs .

Our footsteps echoed quietly . I never knew he was this rich . Once we got upstairs there were about ten doors . The doors were blue with a white outline on the edges . Whoa . . .
Taemin stopped at the door near the end of the hallway . This door was painted purple . He opened it and entered . Cool air hit my face like a soothing wave . This was so much better then my apartment .
Inside revealed a lot of books scattered onto the floor and his bed next to the windows . A bookshelf full of medical books and some romance novels . I giggled and pulled one out . It read 'My Girlfriend is a Gumiho ' . Sounds intersesting . I flipped it around and read the summary .

"Cha Dae Woong is a man who meets a girl and falls in love with her. The girl is actually a gumiho, a legendary fox with nine tails that eats the livers of humans. When he finds out that she is a gumiho, he ends up doing crazy things to prevent the girl from eating his liver. "

It didn't sound romantic but it sounds interesting . I smiled at the front cover . It had a beautiful woman wearing a black skirt with a white blouse tucked in leaning mischieviously onto a man who looked frightened because of her nine tails sticking out from behind her . I smiled . It was a thick book .

"Do you like it ? " Taemin's voice startled me and glanced at him .

"It sounds funny and interesting . Can I borrow it ? " I asked politely .

"Sure . It's a great book and I'm sure you'll like it . " Taemin winked . I chuckled at his wink . He is handsome . Or should I say y? I laughed to myself like a crazy person .

I heard creaks and I glanced over to Taemin . He was laying on the bed leaning on one elbow while his leg was propped up . I diverted my attention to the book again . I flipped through the book . There was picture stuck in between some pages . Curious , I took it out and stared at it . It was Taemin with a girl . The girl was cute . She had short brown hair , cat-like eyes , and full lips . The background was a field full of green marsh and some trees . I smiled and turned to Taemin who was reading a Harry Potter book .

"Taemin oppa who's this ? "

Taemin closed the book and quickly ripped the photo out of my hand . I stood still for a minute .

"So who is it ? " I continue asking . Taemin was silent with his back to me . Nervousness took over me . I swallowed the nothingness in my mouth . Taemin slowly faced me with a sad face .

"This was my best friend back at Busan , the place I was living before I moved here . She died in a fire accident . " Taemin said quietly in a strangled voice . I slowly approached his stiffen back . My arms wrapped themselves around his waist . I pressed my face against his clothed back . He started to cry . I turned him around so he could face me with his tear stained face . I hesitated but I still embraced him tightly until there was no space between us . His cries filled the atmosphere and room . I rubbed his back . Our embrace was warm and comfortable . I felt like I could stay like that with him forever . My heart started to beat real fast like a train racing on its tracks . A fluttering churn in my stomache made me break the hug . Taemin stumbled backwards . I grabbed his arm before he could fall .

"Are you okay Taemin oppa ? Lay down for a bit . " I led him to his bed and pushed his shoulders down so he would sit . He sat on the bed with an expressionless face . I couldn't help but stare at him too . Taemin oppa lost his best friend . It'll be like me losing Eunhyuk in an accident . I sighed and pulled his head so it would leaning on my shoulder .

"I didn't know that she would actually be brave enough to go into a burning house to save a kid . She was a wonderful bestfriend . Her name was Minji . Gong Minji . " He didn't move . Instead he let a shuddering sigh .

"Gong Minji . That's a nice name . " I failed to sound cheerful .

"Look Taemin oppa . Stop crying and stand up . " Taemin easily obliged . I stood up with him .

"Scream . "

"What ? "

"Scream . " I repeated .

"Ahh . . . " He let out a weak fake scream . I shook my head .

"Like this . AHHHH ! " I shrieked . Taemin covered his ears .

"Ahhhh ~ "

"Louder ! "

"Ahhh ! "

"C'mon my grandma can scream louder than that . C'mon scream until you damage your throat !! " I encouraged fiercely . Taemin nodded determinely .

"AHHH!!! "

"YEAH THAT'S RIGHT ! DO IT AGAIN ! "

"AHHHHH!!!! " Taemin pumped his fists in the air . I giggled happily .

"Doesn't that feel good Min oppa ? " I asked expecting a yes .

"Yes it does . Thanks Hyoyeon . I needed that . " His beautiful smile gave my heart a flip out . I grinned .

"Let's go eat ! "

"Okay ! "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ice cream parlor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Whooo ! This is so delicious . " Taemin exclaimed with his strawberry ice cream .

"See ? Don't be sad Taemin oppa . It gets me sad too you know that ? " I my chocolate ice cream .

"You're right . Minji was a awesome friend and now she is in the heavens being happy . " Taemin grinned ear to ear . I continue my tasty meal . I stopped .

"Eunhyuk oppa ! Let's go eat ! " Taeyeon was with Eunhyuk . Holding hands . Taemin slithered an arm around me stuck his ice cream cone onto my nose . I squealed at the icyness .

"Yah ! Min oppa what was that for ? ! "

"That was for spacing out while eating ! Hahah you should've seen your face ~ " Taemin laughed clutching his stomache . My mouth formed a perfect ' o ' .

"Hahaha- " I stuck my ice cream into his nose . I smirked evilly while I took my ice cream out .

"YAH ! "

"Heheheh !~ " I giggled as he chased me around . But then I paused when I bumped into Eunhyuk .

"Hey Hyoyeon . " Eunhyuk said quietly .

"Hey . " I greeted shortly .

"Hello Taemin oppa ~ " Taeyeon gushed overly bright . Taemin just smiled and nodded .

"So what are you doing here ? " Taeyeon asked .

"We're- " I started .

"We're going on a date . "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taemin's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We're going on a date . " I fnished off . Hyoyeon stared at me as if I was crazy . I couldn't help it . Whenever I see Hyoyeon , she gives me this funny feeling and my hearts to pound .

"D-Date ? " Eunhyuk stuttered .

"That's right . Date . " I smiled stiffly . Hyoyeon was silent . I looked at her . Her expression was . . . priceless . I know this is a serious thing for her . I'm just trying to make Eunhyuk realize his mistake for hurting her at that stupid party . I grabbed Hyoyeon's hand and made it clear .

"Now if you will excuse me I am in the middle of a date . Bye . " I dismissed and led a frozen Hyoyeon to a corner .

"Hyoyeon ? " I waved a hand in her expressionless face .

"Are you alright ? "

"How could you lie like that ? " She glared at me .

"I was - "

"Don't ever do that again ! " She spat at me .

"Look Hyoyeon . I'm just trying to make Eunhyuk realize that he made a big mistake . " I grasped her shoulders . Tears started to run down her clear face . I shouldn't have done that . I hung my head in shame . I sighed through my nose and got out a piece of tissue . I wiped her tears tenderly and stared into her eyes . Her eyes are just so full of sadness all the time . Even if she is happy she's still depressed . I pulled her into a long lasting hug .

"I'm sorry Hyoyeon . I will never do that again . " I apologized honestly . I her long hair hoping that she won't be mad . She didn't hug me back . Hyoyeon just stood there with me clinging onto her . Hyoyeon pushed me away and gave me a small smile .

"I accept your apology Taemin oppa . Just don't lie like that okay ? " She smile widely now . I tucked her bangs behind her ear . It revealed a beautiful face . I can't believe people don't like this girl just because she's big . I stared at her lovingly . I am lucky to have a girl like this as a friend . Even though I want to be something more . . . wait ! Did I just think that ?? I made a face . Hyoyeon looked at me curiously .

"Is there something wrong oppa ? " She smiled cutely . How come I didn't notice this before ?

"No . I want to go home now . "

"Then let's go home . It's getting late anyway . "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At my house again

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oppa should we do something fun ? " Hyoyeon was already in her pajamas and I was too . My parents were out of town for a big business negociation .

"Well depends on what you want to do . " I put my Harry Potter book down .

"Let's tell stories . " She suggested .

"Okay let me think of one . " I scratched my chin .

"Oh how about this ! " I got a great idea .

"Once upon a time , there was a Gumiho . The Gumiho was beautiful and nice . She always wanted to get married and become a human . She goes into the village to search for her prince charming . All of the men fell in love with her making their wives rage with jealously . The wives got together and spread rumors . They said that anyone who marries her , she will eat their liver . The men believing the rumor stayed away from her . The Gumiho prepared for her wedding ceremony . She put on make up and traditional wedding clothes . She waited and waited . But no one came . Gumiho became sad and cried . Her grandmother , Sam Shin , said that she has to find a husband that is willingly to die for her . For 500 hundred years Sam Shin grandmother trapped her in a painting . Fortunately , one day a young man named Lee Seung Gi came by . She sees Lee Seung Gi and beckons him to let her out of the painting . He was in the middle of hiding from the priest running the temple . Gumiho tells him to draw nine tails on the painting to set her free but he hesitates since the painting a sacred one . He draws them anyway . After finishing the ninth tail , Gumiho appears and the painting of the fox disappears leaving the drawing of Sam Shin alone . And then . . . "

"And then ? " Hyoyeon's anticipating eyes grew big and round . Is it just me or is it that her eyes are really light brown . I got lost in them . Wow they're so beautiful . . .

"Taemin oppa what happen next? " Hyoyeon whined . I smiled thinking ' why not ' .

"You'll find out in the drama . For now it's just the beginning . " I grinned teasingly . Hyoyeon stared at my unbelievingly .

"Oppa you got me worked up for nothing ! " Hyoyeon hit my chest lightly .

"So do you have a story ? "

"Maybe . . . maybe not . . " Hyoyeon smiled playfully .

"C'mon tell me ! " I hurried . She laughed and straighted herself up .

"Okay let's see . . . "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~