Dating??

Because I'm Naturally Awkward

YunHee POV:

Well. That was awkward.

Yesterday I had went to Jonghyun's house to work on our project, although it didn't seem to be very productive.  All I did was sit there and research, which I could have simply done at my own house. And to add on, all he was doing was tapping his fingers on the keyboard, but not actually typing.  I mean, seriously?? Why did I have to be stuck with this dinosaur with a pea sized brain....

I stood there waiting at the bus stop, only imagining how awkward it would be when I get onto the bus and see Jonghyun.  But I mean, it shouldn't be, right? I said I didn't like him...he should know that already and should be able to deal with it.

...Or he is so traumatized that a girl doesn't like him and in fact thinks he's a annoying son of a--

The bus pulled up in front of me, as I braced myself to see Jonghyun.  As usual, he was sitting at the back of the bus, but was looking out the window.  I sat down near the front of the bus, wondering if he would magically appear sitting beside me like that one time, but that didn't happen.  Usually he would come bother me or something, and without that happening, it seemed strangely...uncomforting.  The bus ride felt like it took twice the time is actually does when it finally reached my stop.  I picked up my bag and got off the bus through the front doors of the bus, knowing that Jonghyun was probably going to exit through the back doors.  Just as I thought, that's what he did. He stepped off the bus, his bag slung over one shoulder, and continued walking, not turning back.  I furrowed my brow. Did the things I say yesterday actually piss him off? Why does it feel like he's ignoring me? Ah, derp--because he is.  I let out a short puff of air and continued walking, frowning at his back.

When I arrived at school, I saw Jaehwa waiting at the main doors of the school.  She finally decides to come back to school?  I was about to wave to her until she started running in my direction, but she wasn't looking at me.  Instead, she ran to the dino in front of me and linked arms with him.  Right.  I was instantly reminded of the other day when I went to her house where she confessed to me that she liked Jonghyun. My heart slightly dropped at the thought of it, although I wasn't too sure whether it was because she saw him before me, her best friend for who knows how long---or the fact that she likes Jonghyun. For some reason, that last reason makes my stomach squirm. I brushed the thought away and headed to my locker, where Jaejin was the first person to greet me.

"Anyeong YunHee," he grinned, his back leaning against the locker beside mine.

"Anyeong..."

I continued emptying the unnecessary binders for the morning into the locker, silence between the both of us.

"...Is something wrong?" he asked suddenly.

"Eh? Ani..?" I replied, slightly surprised. Do I look like there's something wrong?

"You sure? You look...distressed...a bit..." he continued to ask.

What would I be distressed about? The fact that Jonghyun seems to be ignoring me? Why would I be worried about that? I mean, who cares if that dino is ignoring me...right? A light poke between my eyebrows took me away from those thoughts.

"See? You were frowning right then," said Jaejin, leaning down so his face was the same level as mine. I looked down, a hot sensation rising to my cheeks.

"N-nothing's wrong!" I stuttered, my head still lowered. His hand gently lifted my chin, and my cheeks grew even warmer from his unexpected gesture.

"Jinja?" he asked for the third time.  He held my chin gently but firmly, and I couldn't hide my face from his gaze.

"Ne," I said quietly, pretending to stare into his eyes. He continued staring at me, and we stayed in that position for what seemed like ages, until he chuckled, but didn't let go of my face.

"You're cute when you blush," he said shyly. He chuckled at the end of his sentence, causing me to do the same.

"YunHee Anyeo--oh?"

I saw Jaejin's eyes flicker away from mine, focusing on something behind me.  He quickly brought his hand to his side, letting go of my chin. "Anyeong, hyung....Jaewha-ssi,"he said sheepishly, bowing his head.

I turned around seeing Jaehwa linking arms with none other than Jonghyun.  His lips were pulled into a thin line, and he looked pretty...pissed. Huh.

"Omo! Are you guys dating?" Jaewha asked excitedly, unlinking her arms with Jonghyun to clap her hands. "So cute!" She squealed, gently slapping Jonghyun's arm. I twitched at her action, although I don't understand why I did.

"A-ani! Its not like that..."Jaejin said, trying to reason out the misunderstanding.

"YunHee," Jaewha squealed,"why didn't you tell me? Aigoo~"

"Its not like that...its just a misunderstand---"

"Let YunHee answer," Jonghyun said coldly, his dull eyes boaring into my soul.

I was totally not expecting this, and my mind completely blanked.  Why did he seem so affected by this? Its not like I'm his girlfriend or something. I glanced back up at him to find that he was still staring straight at me, waiting for my response.

"Uh...."I choked. "Well..."

"So you're dating him?" he said, shifting his eyes at Jaejin then back at me.  His words had a sting to it, like he was spitting venom.

"Hyung..." Jaejin I heard jaejin say beside me

"Uh...um..its..."I tried speaking, but failing.

"Well?" Jonghyun said between his teeth.

"A--"

"Ne. We're dating," said the voice beside me.  A warm hand wrapped around my arm as I looked at the tall boy beside me with bewildered eyes.  What did he just say??

"Jaejin, let YunHee reply," Jonghyun said, his eyes never leaving me.

"Fine. Tell hyung we're dating. We're dating, right? YunHee?"

Being the stupid, unable-to-speak-under-pressure person that I am, I unconsciously agreed. Why? I have no freaking idea.

"N-ne..." I spat out from confusion.  Jaejin's grip tightened around my arm, but it wasn't a grip that was like a death hold, but it was rather comforting...like I knew there was someone that was protecting me. I glanced one more time at Jonghyun's face, which now looked stone-like, no emotion whatsoever, except for that split second where I swear I saw a bit of anger? sadness? rejection? loneliness?  I have no clue...I just know that I suddenly felt a mix of sadness and guilt and rejection wash over me as well.

"Really. Congradulations to both of you, then," he spoke, almost whispered.  He walked past us, with Jaehwa clinging onto his arm, as he gave me one last look, and disappeared around the corner.

 

Meep...? ^ ^; Long time no see guys D:

I'm sorry for not updating for so long...I seriously did not know how to continue the story from the last chapter > < So today I finally had the guts to face this ff and try to think of a way to continue it :D

I've been updating my other fanfic more than this one, but don't worry, I will not DELETE this one!

Thanks for the new(er) subscribers:

~ Mae-chan        ~ maple2121        ~ 19jonghyun19              ~ Soomichan             ~ AphoticAngel        ~ cherry-cutie1

~ ConiOutsider   ~TofuBlings          ~ sei350

And I love all you subscribers! Thanks you for not just clicking that unsubscribe button even though I have not updated for ages...thank you, and please continue to support this ff!

If it isn't too selfish of me to ask, please comment and subscribe (: