O..Oppa?

Because I'm Naturally Awkward

Chap 16

YunHee POV:

Jaejin said he liked me...he likes me as a friend!! Maybe there is a chance that he can be my first FBFFTIM(First Best Friend That Is Male)!!!!! 

Ehheheheheeee, I'm so excited !  Then we can do all that best friend stuff that people do with their FBFFTIM's...KEKEKEKE

I giggled to myself like a crazy person for the rest of the period, bouncing up and down in my seat thinking about having my first FBFFTIM.  Occasionally, Jaejin would tap me on the shoulder, asking if I was alright (probably thinking I was having a seizure or something).  I just smiled while nodding to affirm that I was alright, still bouncing up and down.  A puzzled expression would appear on his face, but he would go on minding his own business afterwards.

He would sometimes turn towards Victoria asking if I was, in reality, alright.  She would just wave him away and tell him to ask me himself.  And he would.  This cycle would have probably happened a 9th time if it wasn't for the bell to signify the end of the day.

Once the bell rang, I flew out of my seat, eager to tell JaeHwa about my brewing friendship with Jaejin.  I raced out of the classroom until I came to a holt as realization hit me.

Shouldn't I say something to Jaejin if I want all of this "BFFTIM" stuff to happen?  I did a 360 degree turn on my heel, and was ready to bolt back into the class to find Jaejin.

As I turned the corner into the classroom, I crashed full  force into somebody else.  I could feel myself falling backwards but a gentle hand slid behind my waist, catching me before I smacked onto the hard, ceramic floor.

I look up to see who my saviour was, to see the face of Jaejin hovering over me.  I looked down to my waist, realizing it was Jaejin's arm wrapped tightly around it.

OH MY GOODNESS AHHHHHHHHHH

So. Much.  Contact!!!

All I could do was stare at him, my eyes about to pop out of their sockets.  He turned bright red, and swiftly helped me up to an upright position.

"Aha...ha... -ahem- a-are you alright?" he asked, his hand quickly releasing me to scratch his head awkwardly.

"J-Jaejin-ssi!!" I gaped, " MIANHAE."

A look of shock appeared on his face.  "Oh!" he exclaimed,"you shouldn't I apologize, it was my fault ...sorry..."he continued, waving his hands in front of him.

Crap.  HE DOESN'T WANT ME TO APOLOGIZE.  I MADE A MISTAKE SO SOON IN OUR FRIENDSHIP??? GAHHHH....

I kept gaping at him, with a twitching eye.  "MIANHAE FOR MIANHAE-ING!"  I said, realizing how much of a gimp I souned like afterwards.

He stood there looking at me with a weird look while I stared at him (still) with my  mouth hanging open.

He laughed.  But it wasn't vulgar, uncivilized laughing, like how Jonghyun laughs at me, but a cute, musical laugh.

"Its okay, " he smiled, still laughing, a hand slightly covering his mouth.  He then proceeded in ruffling my hair.

...

HOW CAN HE BE SO NICE?! I JUST RAN INTO HIM FULL FORCE BUT HE CAUGHT ME, APOLOGIZED TO ME, AND RUFFLES MY HAIR???  My mouth hung open so much it probably looked like I dislocated my jaw.

"Well, I got to go," he said sweetly, probably noticing the atmosphere gradually getting awkward," Seeyou tomorrow, YunHee."

He turned around and started walking down the hallway.

....I DIDN'T EVEN SAY GOODBYE TO HIM YET! I smacked myself in the head for not being a good friend, thinking that I've missed my chance. 

But wait-- I could still see him at the other side of the hallway, and knew it wasn't too late.  I took a deep breath in, filling up my lungs to the maximal amount with air, gathered up my courage, and shouted after him.

"See-SEE YOU TOMORROW JA-JAEJIN-SSI!!"

He stopped in his tracks, swivelled around, and started walking towards me, a dissapointed expression painted over his face.

He stopped right in front of me.   "Yah."

I leaned away, trying to think of what I said wrong.

" Why'd you keep calling me 'Jaejin-ssi;?" he pouted.

"Ehehe....hehe...because you....you..? UH...." I trailed off.  My mind was blank.  What was I supposed to call him?  'HEY YOU!' ?

"You should call me o-oppa," he blushed.

ADHISGFJKHJIOGFHJ GFOPHUJADUIOFTSDH FNUJKSHFNUDFJN

DID I HEAR CORRECTLY?  OPPA? SOMEONE WANTS ME , SONG YUN HEE, OF ALL PEOPLE, TO CALL HIM OPPA???

"F--fo-for reals?"  I stuttered, shock plastered on my face.

"You should try it..." he mumbled, avoiding my eye-twitching stare.

I stood up straight and cleared my throat.  I took a few breaths, a bead of sweat rolling down my temple-- either from nervousness or...happiness.

"O-o-oo"

I took a few more breaths.

"O-o-op-p-- OPP-"

And then I fainted.

 

Jonghyun POV:

DANGG...Where in the world is YunHee this time?  According to JaeHwa (aka the person clinging onto my arm AGAIN), she shouldn't have work today. o_o

"Oppa..." started JaeHwa.

NOT AGAIN. I was too tired to listen to what she had to say, although I caught something along the lines of  "Oppa"  and  "smell so good:.

I paced back and forth, while JaeHwa still clasped onto my arm.  I was hoping that YunHee would appear any minute and wrench the parasite of a friend off of me, but that didn't happen.  YunHee continued to not come,  JaeHwa continued clinging onto my arm, and I continued to lose the sense of feeling in my arm.  If this kept happening, my arm would have to get amputated due to the loss of blood circulation sooner or later.  And let me tell ya, that would be a waste of such a y arm.

"Oppa, do you hate me?" mumbled JaeHwa, as I felt her grip loosen on my arm.  ABOUT TIME.

"THE HELL OF COURSE I--" I was about to spit in her face and rant about how annoying she was until I looked her in the eye, tears glistening around them.

AGH.  WHY THE HELL IS SHE CRYING?!!! I looked away, trying not to notice.

"Do you?" she pushed on, her voice wavering.

"Of course I-- , of course I don't," I said forcefully, biting my lip to prevent me from telling the truth.

"True words, oppa?" she asked, her voice becoming more stable.

I looked at her eyes again, still filled with tears.

"Haha...why would I lie?" I said through clenched teeth, probably sounding like I was constipated.

"Really?" she exclaimed, freeing my arm from her devilish grip, " Thank you, oppa!"  She bowed to me, gaining attention from other people at the bus stop.  She skipped away, leaving me there, standing alone.

Wow.  I thought I was never going to be able to get her off of me.

Excited from the sudden sense of freedom, I shouted out loud at the top of my lungs.  "I'M FREE!!!", lifting both my arms and head towards the sky (cuz I can do that now).

The bus came, but still no sight of YunHee.  Maybe she changed her shifts to today?  I stepped onto the bus last, taking a quick last glance around to see if maybe, just maybe, YunHee was running to catch the bus in the distance.

 

JaeHwa POV:

Kyaaaah~ I'm so happy!  Jonghyun said he liked me~

Well, that's what he implied, he's just too shy to say it directly.

Heehee, now I can play a bit of "hard to get" as he will soon realize how much he will miss me and come crawling to my side, so I'm not always the one clinging on like a bug.  Finally this is getting somewhere!  Oh JaeHwa, you can capture the heart of any guy out there.   I strutted along, heading towards my house, when my cellphone rang.  It was YunHee.  Which reminded me that she wasn't at the bus stop. She couldn't possibly be at work, since it was only a Wednesday.  Where in the world was she??

 

 

Yay! I updated XD  Thanks for all your concerns, I'm feeling much better now  :DD I was feeling so lonely without updating for some reason lmao o.o

Hope this chapter wasn't too much of a fail lmao >~>  Next chapter will have a bit more YunHeexJonghyun >:D  (I will try :x)

Thanks to my new subbie:

☻OnewRaptorMints

Really appreciate it :DD

 

Please subscribe if you like my story! XPP