Phone Call

Because I'm Naturally Awkward

Chap 26

JOnghyun POV:

-headdesk-

SHOULD I TEXT HER???!!!

I glanced at my phone nervously at the edge of my desk, contemplating whether or not to text YunHee about..well,, YunHee coming to my house...heehee....I-I mean -AHEM- to work  on our science project.

I moved my shaking hand towards my phone, gathering up the courage to send her a message, but abruptly retreated, realizing I was too chicken.

WHY AM I HAVING THIS KIND OF DILEMMA? ITS NOT LIKE YOU, KIM JONGHYUN.  I buried my face into my hands, ashamed of how I became.  Suddenly, my phone vibrated against my desk, scaring the out of me, but yet, getting my hopes up waaay to high.

Is it YunHee?YunHee? YUNHEE? HEEHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ♥

I snatched the phone into my hands, holding it tightly in my hand. 

Please let it be YunHee.Please let it be YunHee.

With that, I unlocked my phone, excitedly looking at the sender.

 

From:  Yeobo~

 

"AAiiishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh," I sighed aloud, thwoing my head back.

Its just Key. ):

Well, its not that I don't like Key, its just....I rather that it wasn't HIM who had sent the message.

I layed my head on my desk, throwing my phone aside onto my bed.

a-yo himi deulttaen duntadak rhythm-e gidaeyeo oh, neol hyanghan uriye noraero oh, modu a-yo modu a-yo,

At the sound of my ringtone, I lept out of my chair and crouched beside my bed, peering over at my phone.  Its an incoming call.

ITS AN INCOMING CALL.

YUNHEE?????!!!!!!!!!!

Once again, I grabbed the phone into my hands, fumbling to press the "accept" button.

"Ye-YEOBOSEYO??" I stuttered, my heart feeling like it'd beat out my chest.

"Yah. Yeobo. Why didn't you answer my text??"

Oh. So it's Key.  I flopped onto the floor, lying on my back, and sighed again.  "So it's you."

On the other side, I knew that Key was taken aback.

"Yah, Jjong. Are you not happy that I'm calling you? YOu should be grateful I'm using my precious time just to call you, and you reply like that??"

I rubbed my head.  A headache was starting to form.  "Ani ani, that's not what I meant," I muttered.

"Tch.  Why do you sound so unwilling to say that?  Is it because that was actually what you meant? Huh?! I want an apology Kim Jonghyun.  I waste my time trying to contact you and..."

A vein pulsed in my forehead, about to explode.

"....and this is how you talk to me??? Huh?? YAH KIM JONGHYUN are you listenining to m--"

"AISH IF YOU THINK YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TIME TALKING TO ME THEN JUST HANG UP."

With that, I ended our conversation, and threw my phone across my bed.

♫a-yo himi deulttaen duntadak rhythm---

" YAH.WHAT DO YOU WANT. JUST DON'T CALL ME IF YOU DON'T WANT TO WASTE YOUR PRECIOUS TIME."

I took a a deep breath in and out, getting ready for Key's wrath.  But there was no answer.  Huh. Strange.  Usually Key would argue back.  I decided to try again.

"...Yah. Key."

"Y-yeoboseyo........?"

And then my heart stopped.

ASIFSHFSDJKGHDFGUHFUJDFUDFGHDFGJKDHSDJKHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

YUNHEEE??????????????????????????

"OH. Y-Yu-YunHee!!" I screamed into the phone.

"...Uh..should I hang up...?"

"ANI ANI ANI. DON'T HANG UP. KEEP TALKING."  Gah, Jonghyun, what in the world are you saying.

"Um...did I call at the wrong time? Should I call some other time?"

" NO. THIS IS THE A GOOD TIME TO CALL.  You called at a p-perfect time! You're perfect!"

Before I could initiate what I said, I had blurted it all out in a jumble of words, and unfortunately, YunHee had heard it. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUUUUUU ...... I facepalmed myself, hard, and felt like kicking myself 19237248758 times-- with a steeled-toed boot.

"Uh.  Thank you?"

"NO PROBLEM."

There was an awkward silence, which seemed to drone on for an eternity, but finally she spoke.

"Well. When should I come over?"

"Anytime you like, whatever floats your boat, YOU COULD COME OVER NOW IF YOU'D LIKE."

Kim Jonghyun, you're losing it.  Stay CALM, come to your SENSES.

"I'd rather not..."

Ouch. That hurt.

"Oh. Okay," I moped.  But I guess I kind of expected that, since I was being such a creep right now.

"Are you sick?" she asked

My heart did a somersault.  Is she worried about me?

"Ani, why??" I asked, anticipating.

"You seem....crazy."

Aaannnd, my heart dropped again to the bottom of my stomach.

"But anyways," she started," can I come over tomorrow around 4?"

"In the morning or the afternoon?" I asked unconciously.

"...What do you think," she asked, although it did not sound like a question, just annoyance at my lack of common sense.

After that, we confirmed the dates we were going to work on our project, and hung up, me feeling a teeeeny bit....dejected.  Okay maybe alot.

WHY DID YOU SOUND LIKE SUCH A TOOL , KIM JONGHYUN, WAEEE????

♫a-yo himi deulttaen duntadak rhythm--

I froze and shot a glance at my phone, scrambled towards it and cautiously answered it.

"...Yeoboseyo," I said quietly.

"YAH. KIM JONGHYUN," Key screamed into the phone," WHY WERE YOU ON THE PHONE SO LONG. I WAS TRRRYING TO CALL YOU BUT YOUR LINE WAS CONSTANTLY BUSY.  DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH EFFORT I PUT IN TRYING TO CALL YOU?? DO YOU KNOW HOW MU--"

And the headache returns.

- - - - - - - - - - -  - -  -

Hello everyone...its feels like I haven't updated this for so long! Mianhaeyoo Q^Q

Thanks to my new subbies:

► xxxarronyannxxx

► MargoLUV

► iluvtaeyang

► bigbangtopforever

► Jung_Jangmielle

I LOVE YOU ALL <3

If you haven't already, please subscribe and comment! ^TT^