Lunch Hour

Because I'm Naturally Awkward

Chap.14

YunHee POV:

Today, I can finally eat my lunch with JaeHwa, since I haven't been abducted by Victoria...yet.  JaeHwa had taken my belongings with her from science class, so I went straight to our locker to find her (and my stuff).  As expected, she was waiting (rather impatiently) for me.  She was tapping her foot on the floor with her arms crossed, scanning the hallways for my prescence.

Once she saw me, she uncrossed her arms linked them thorugh mine.

"Lets go!" she said cheerfully.

"...to where...?" I asked.  I was planning on just sitting by our locking and eating lunch.

"To where you eat, of course!"she gasped, " you know...with  your new friends~?" she said, wiggling her eyebrows up and down.

WHAT? But I don't want to eat with them,....cuz Jonghyun eats with them.  I want to keep my distance with that guy, my life seems to get troublesome with him around.  I don't want to take revenge on him either, cuz that'll just get out of hand.  Plus, revenge is for deliquents.

"....Can't we just eat here?" I pleaded, pulling her closer to our locker.

"NO."

End of discussion.

She dragged the unwilling me up the stairs, around the corner, up a couple more stairs, down a ramp, throught the doors to the cafeteria.

I could see Jonghyun and the group sitting at the other side of the cafeteria.  I had to come up with an excuse, fast.

"YO WAIIT!" I screamed.

She whipped her head around. "Yes?" she said impatiently.

"I...I gotta...pee," I said, desperate to waste as much time as possible.

She rolled her eyes, then glared at me. "DUDE. Didn't you just go in science class???"

"No. I was set up."  That part, was true.

She didn't seem to care anymore, since this conversation was wasting her precious time of seeing Jonghyun.

"FINE. Just go. But hurry up," she ordered.

YESSSS....I will definitely be as fast as I can...not.

 

Jaejin POV:

Should I sit beside YunHee today at lunch?  Maybe we can get to know each other better.  She seems sweet, and on top of that, she's cute.  I noticed she's in the same art class as me, but I never got the chance to talk to her.  I must talk to her in art today! Heee~ Fighting! ♥

Where is she anyways? She's not sitting beside Victoria....maybe she went to buy her lunch...?

 

YunHee POV:

I've stayed in the bathroom stall for 5 min 22sec.  Just have to stay here for another 30 min and lunch will be over, meaning I don't have to see Jonghyun!

...

.....

Damn the bathroom is boring.

I paced around the stall, trying to make time go by faser.  It didn't work.  I heard a grumble within the bathroom, realizing that noise was coming from my stomach.  Maybe I should just sit on the toilet and eat my lunch, like how the loners do in the movies.  I was feeling quite anti-social and had no intention to talk to anyone.  Not even myself. 

7 min 21 sec had now passed.  When did 2 min take so long?? I started to open my lunch box right when JaeHwa kicked open the stall door and glared at me with flaming eyes.  Why did she know I was in this stall?? It could have been just another innocent person trying to do their business.

"WTF ARE YOU DOING, YUNHEE???!" she screamed.

I'm dead meat.  Like the meat in my sandwich.

"I'm....eating my lunch :D?"

With that, she looked like she wanted to slap a .

"HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME?! ALL I WANT TO DO IE EAT MY LUNCH WITH JONGHYUN WITH A BIT OF HELP FROM YOU, BUT YOU'RE NOT EVEN WILLING TO DO SUCH A SIMPLE TASK FOR ME?? You. are so. SELFISH."

Am I selfish?  Trying to run away from my problems, but by doing that, I'm hurting JaeHwa.  All she wants to do is eat lunch with him..could I not even help her out with something so simple?

I made my decision, and packed up my lunch.  I should face my problems (aka Jonghyun -shivers-) and not run away from them.  And its not like i have to eat lunch with him specifically,  I could always go site with Victoria or Jaejin while JaeHwa site with Jonghyun

 

Jaejin POV:

"....chicken is so wonderful, I could eat it every every minute, every second, every millisecond, every nanosecond of the day..."

I half-heartedly listened to Onew talk and munch on his beloved chicken, while I pretended to be interested about how Jonghyun was talking to me about dinosaurs.

My mind was actually thinking of why it was taking YunHee so long.  I want to see her !>

"Victoria~will YunHee be eating with us today?"

Victoria was about to speak just as YunHee entered the cafeteira.  Victoria jumped out of her seat and bolted towards her.  She leaded YunHee towards our table, and I gretted her with a slight blow, while she did the same.  I offered a seat between Jonghyun and I, and for a split second, I swear I saw a hint of annoyance, fear,anger, sadness, then annoyance in here eyes.  OH NOES D: Did I do something wrong??  But she continues to smile afterwards, and walked towards the seat slowly. Then a deafening shreak came from behind her.

"OPPPAAAAAAAAA!!" screamed a girl who appeared behind YunHee and rushed towards the empty seat between Jonghyun and I, --- the seat I reserved for YunHee.  -sigh- I guess today will not be the day I sit beside her ):

The loud mouthed girl had her back facing me, but I could see clearly that she was clinging onto Jonghyun's arm with all he rmight.

"Oppa~ How are you?" she cooed, swing his arm back and forth.

I raised an eyebrow at Jonghyun curiously, and he rolled his eyes his hand on his forehead.

"Here, you can sit beside Onew," offered Victoria, pointing to the vacant seat beside hyung across from us.

Onew looked up, his teeth still attached to the piece of chicken he was eating barbarically with his hands.

YunHee's eyes opened wide.

"Ch-chicken boy?" she gasped at Onew.

Onew squinted his eyes and a scowl appeared on his face.  "Don't think I'm gonna share this scrumptious chicken with you just because I let you sit beside me."

Oh Onew, only can think of his chicken~

Seeing the confusion on YunHee's face (who clearly didn't want any of his chicken), I decided to join the conversation.

"I don't think she wants your chicken, hyung," I said.. Immediately, Onew's face brightened and excitedly gestures for YunHee to sit down, patting the seat of the chair with his oily hands.

.....Aish, hyung, why did you just do thatt TT^TT

I could tell that YunHee was debating whether to sit down as to show politeness or to just keep standing there.  She slowly pulled out the chair, about to sit down.

"Here, YunHee, you can sit in my place," I caught myself saying.

I automatically got up, not sure what was making me move, because it was certainly not  my brain was trying to tell me to do.

Releif washed over her face as she happily swithced spots with me, now sittin gbeside Victoria, who was already chatting away to her.  I pulled out the chair that was dirtied by hyung's oily fingers and sighed.  I subtely pulled out a napkin and wiped the grease from the seat, then putting the dirty napkin onto the side of Onew's tray, who was too busy enjoying his chicken to notice.

I started fiddling with the cap of my waterbottle, thinking how nice it would have been to sit beside YunHee....instead of hyung.  SORRY HYUNG~ you're just not the person I want to sit beside the most right now ^ ^;

I listen along to Victoria blabbering about shopping, dance, and her favorite girl group, f(x).

Its not that I don't like listening to Victoria, but I wish she could let YunHee say something once in a while.  I want to know more about her....

"What's your favorite colour?" I blurted out, then quickly covering my mouth, surprised that I even talked.

In response, Victoria stopped talking and YunHee turned to look at me, her eyes showing surprise.

How come I had no control over what I was saying? I just stared back at YunHee with the same expression she had, not knowing what to do.  I quickly glance over at Victoria, hoping she'll start talking again, but she didn't.  She had a sly smile on her face, her hands clasped together, resting on the table.

All was silence, except fot the sound of Onew munching on chicken.

"S-sky," stated YunHee," I like the colour of the sky."

The bell rang 2 times, signaling that lunch hour was over. I looked around as people started to file out of the cafeteria, saying bye to the friends they didn't hav eclasses with.  Oh! I should say that to Yun Hee!  I turned back in her direction to find her out of her seat, walking to class.  I slouched back in my seat and pouted as everybody emptied the cafeteria.  A hand patted me on the back, or more like slapped me.

"Why the sad face, Jaejinnie? Gotta go~seeya BUH-BYEE~~~~!"

Jonghyun ran away, doing heel clicks as he did, while the Loud Mouthed girl ran after him.

O.O Why was Jjong hyung so happy?  I unhappily rubbed my aching back that was abused by Jonghyun, and headed to class.

 

Hello! Thanks to my new subriber:

♪  SHINee_Tampopo

Please comment and subscribe if you like :DDDD