Crush

Because I'm Naturally Awkward

Chap 25

YunHee POV:

I was thankful that science class was over, and hurried out the class before Jonghyun could catch up to me.  I was about to eat lunch with JaeHwa, but since she wasn't here today, I guess I'll have to eat with Victoria and her peeps.

Where is JaeHwa anyway? :S

As expected, when I entered the cafeteria, Victoria was waving her arms crazily at me once she spotted me.  I walked towards the table, but something felt odd.

"Anyeong YunHee~!" Victoria greeted me cheerfully.

"Oh...anyeonghaseyo..."

Victoria pouted.

"Yahhhh!," she whined,"why are you still speaking formally??"

"Oh..mianhaey--mianhae."

I was actually aware that I was speaking formally, I was too concentrated on why something felt like it was missing (well, besides Jaehwa, cuz I know she's not here today :/).  I sat down beside Victoria, as she started chatting about her her favorite girl group f(x)'s comeback.

I looked around the tables;everyone was cheerful, Onew was eating chicken, Key was patting Taemin's hair, while Taemin was drinking banana milk beside Minho, who was playing with his water bottle cap boredly.  I looked to my left to see Jonghyun sitting a couple seats, peering at me.  He noticed I noticed him noticing me, and put his hand on his cheek, and turned away.

O.O

Besides Jonghyun acting like a creeper today, something still seemed weird.

Then I noticed.

I know what's weird. 

Why didn't I notice it before? Gah, what a great friend you are, YunHee.

I scanned the cafeteria once more, just to make sure, but he was nowhere in sight.

Where's Jaejin????

 

Foods class:

We were making food today.  But this time, when I turned to Jonghyun, he jumped up,and grabbed another girl, who was very willing to be his partner.

So this time, I had to find my own partner, which was suprisingly difficult, since I barely knew anyone in my foods class.  All of them were paired up with their usual partners, except for Jonghyun and the other chick, while her friends eyed her with envy.  Not like she noticed--she was still drooling all over Jonghyun and the counter an the floor. Like a dog. A female dog.

Hehehe.

Gah, when did you become so rude, YunHee??

I looked away in disgust, since I didn't really find Jonghyun to be as attractive as I did at the beginning of the year, but sadly, the majority of the people in the class still did.  Even the guys. -shivers-

Like this, I got stuck with the smelly guy in the class. TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT^TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Staying as far away from him as possible, I prepared the ingredients and started chopping the tomatoes.

But one thing was disturbing me.

Out of the corner of my eye, Jonghyun was standing behind the girl,with his hands ontop of hers,leading her hands as she chopped the ingredients. Her face was as red as the tomato she was chopping from blushing, and so were the people in the class, but probably red with envy.

My face was probably green. No, not from envy, but from disgust.  I felt like barfing.  HOW CAN HE BE SUCH A PLAYER?? --RAGEEEEEE-- -vomit- =^=

 

Next class...art!

I rushed to the classroom, full of anticipation to see Jaejin.  I was hoping that he was at school, although I didn't see him this morning or at lunch.

I was the frist one there, and I gazed intently at the door, seeing everyone who entered.

But sadly, when the last student came in, Jaejin was still not there.

Maybe he's just late?

 

Or not.

For the rest of the period, he was nowhere to be seen, and it felt awfully...empty without him.

Is he okay? Does he have a fever? Did he get hurt? Did he break his leg? DID HE GET HIT BY A CAR AND BROKE HIS LEG AND GOT PARALYZED AFTER WALKING ME TO THE BUS STOP LAST NIGHT???

The last bell of the day rang, as I whipped out my cell, about to call Jaejin about his whereabouts.

One problem.

Well.....I don't really have his phone number. D:

"Have a good weekend YunHee!" Victoria waved, as she packed up.

"W-w-WAIT," I stuttered, my arm extended, reaching after her.

"What is it?" she asked, with a confused expression on her face.

"Well...would you happen to know...well...why wasn't Jaejin here today?"

"Ah...Jaejin's sick today! Didn't he tell you?"

"Oh..Ahni..well...see you Victoria!" I said, scurrying out the door.

Somehow, I feel relieved--well a bit--since I know that he isn't in some critical condition from getting hit by a truck.

Or did he get sick as in he's sick because he's all broken? AHHHHHHHHH.....................

I ran to the bus stop, agitated by Jaejin's condition, successfully catching the earlier bus along the way.

Oetokke....

OETOKKEE.....

Suddenly, my phone rang, scaring the crap out of me

"Yeobose---"

"YAH YUNHEE. COME TO MY HOUSE RIGHT NOW."

 

-At JaeHwa's house-

"Yah. Why'd you call me to come over so urgently," I asked, munching on the snacks she had brought up to her room.

"Well...you know...I haven't been at school for a while..."

"Yeah. I know. I collected your homework, I was planning to give it to you over the weeken--"

"THAT'S NOT WHY I CALLED YOU HERE."

"..okay...chill dude..."

Letting out a big sigh, Jaehwa flipped her hair, and continued. "Well, do you know why I've been away?"

"Uh....you were sick?"

"Uh, do I LOOK sick?!"

"Well you told me to guess...." I mumbled, chewing the snacks slower.

"Well...I have something to tell you..."

I looked up from where I was sitting on her bed, and she had her head down.

"What is it? Just spit it out."

"Well..."

"Yes...?"

"Do you know who I like?"

"Yourself?"

"THIS IS SERIOUS, YUNHEE," she said, raising her voice. She let out a quick breath of air, and started again.

"So you don't know who I like?"

"...."

"I like....Jonghyun."

"WHAT???"

A stab of pain went through my heart, like a bucket of ice cold water had been poured over my head, the sensation of a thousand needles pricking into your skin.

Why?

I have no clue.

"Heehee~Why are you so surprised, YunHee?" she said, covering as she giggled.

"N-nothing...just HIM...of all people...."

Another stab.

"That's why I haven't been going to school."

"WHAT??" I shouted again.  That didn't even make SENSE.

Jaehwa let out a sigh and slouched. "Well...it seems like I've been around him too much, like everyday, he will have me by his side.  If I take a leave for a while, maybe he'll notice and start to think about me?"  She blushed at the thought of it.

......I guess that makes a biiit of sense...............like how Jaejin was always with me, I started to worry about him when he was gone just for one day.

"Oh. I see,"I whispered.  Another stab.

"So the reason I called you here...did he seem like he was worried about me?" she beamed, full of anticipation.

I thought.  Is Jaehwa the reason why Jonghyun acted so weird today? (stab)  Did he want to ask me how/ where Jaehwa was is? (stab) Was he worried about JaeHwa? (stab)

AGH WHY WON'T THIS STABBING STOP???!!!!

I held my hand back from clutching the pain in my chest, or else that would seem strange in this situation.

"Y-Yeah!  He's been acting...weird, and nervous." 

"Jincha?" JaeHwa exclaimed delightfully.

"Jincha," I said, my voice faltering a bit.  WHY THE HELL WAS IT FALTERING???

Suddenly, I was envelopped in a tight hug from JaeHwa.

"Nan...jeongmal...jeongmal haengboghae!!"she squealed.

"I'm happy for you too," I said, but it didn't sound like it.  The pain in my chest was getting more unbearable.  Her arms released me from her tight embrace, letting me breathe again.  But my chest still felt pained.

"So!" she said with a bright smile," did you bring my homework?"

"Y-Ye!"

I jumped off her bed, turning away from her gaze.

"Kamsahamnida!" she grinned as I handed over her homework.

"Anytime.."I said, forcing a smile.

She showed me to the door, and she promised to be at school on Monday.  As she closed the door, I started walking home.

Thump.Thump.Thump.

Why is my heart in pain?

 

Hello everyone! Remember JaeHwa? Yunhee's friend back from.....-counts chaps-  chapter 18? I think? Hahahaha

Thanks to my new subscriber:

tyatyonk88

And to all of my current subscribers!! ^0^

Remember to comment and subscribe!! ♥

 

If you don't, Imma hunt you down. *-*

JKAYS.

XDD