Science Project

Because I'm Naturally Awkward

Chap 24

Jonghyun POV

Ugh.  Another day at school.  Why can't I just stay home??? I mean, I WAS in the hospital yesterday...

So here I am, sitting at the back of the bus, while it approached the stop YunHee usually gets on at.

I crossed my arms, waiting for YunHee to step on the bus.  Like usual, she shows her pass to the driver, smiles and nods, and continues to find an empty seat.  Her hair had a light wave to it--it suited her.  The light shined through the window, showering her in a pool of light, illuminating her perfect skin and perfect hair and per--- AISH KIM JONGHYUN WHAT ARE YOU THINKING.  I shuddered at how creepy I sounds, furrowing my brow, but continued to gaze at YunHee.  She turned to take a seat at the front of the bus, not taking a glance at the back where I was. My heart dropped slightly, but I ignored it, and for the whole bus ride, I continued to stare at the back of her head, unable to look away.  Jonghyun, you really are a creep.

Once it was time to get off, YunHee quickly got up from her seat and said "thank you" to the bus driver as she got off.  I as well did the same, but I didn't say thank you, I had my mind too set on YunHee.

"Yah. YunHee," I shouted monotonously.

She stopped in her tracks, and turned around with a -wtf- expression on her face.  WHAT'S WITH THAT??

I started walking towards her, but instead of waiting for me to come over, she swiftly turned around once I took a step, and speeded through the mob of people in front of us.

"Yah. YUNHEE.  YAH. GET BACK HERE."

I dashed after her, squeezing between the group of people who just HAVE to walk 4 to a sidewalk at a unbearably slow pace, blocking the whole path for the people behind who are actually TRYING to get somewhere.

"YAH. YUNHEE.YAH."

I quickened her pace, and slipped through the crowds, while I chased after her, pushing my way through the crowd.
People cursed at us, some jumping to the side in fear, some dumb enough not to move out of our way.  It looked like a gang chase, if you know what I mean.  She quickly crossed the street right before the red hand stopped flashing, leaving me, gasping for breath on the other side of the road, as trucks zoomed across.

DAMMIT. WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN.

But you will never escape my grasp, Song YunHee, I will just catch up to you like last time-- there's no getting away.


.....

What's wrong with you today, Jonghyun, YOU'RE SUCH A STALKER. I threw my head back, ashamed of myself, and looked up at the sky. WHY. WHY. WHY IS MY LIFE LIKE THISSS. IT SOUNDS LIKE A WILD ANIMAL TRYING TO CATCH YOUR PREY.

.....

A CREEPY ONE TOO.

I closed my eyes and sighed. "oettoke.........................................."

 

YunHee POV:

"Yah. YunHee."

Jonghyun..?

Who are you kidding, OF COURSE ITS JONGHYUN.

I turned around to the familiar voice, and as expected, Jonghyun was staring right back at me, with a smirk on his face.

...

...

I shivered, goosebumps forming along my arms.  There was something weird about him, something creepy, and it scared me like hell.  He took a step forward, and I turned around, and ran.

"Yah. YUNHEE. YAH," he shouted after me.

Tch. No way am I gonna stop.  I continued to snake through the crowds, other students giving me weird looks as I darted past them.  I ran across the street, just in time to cross before the light turned red, and taking a glance over my shoulder, I see Jonghyun stuck at the other side of the street. Hehehe. Relieved, I slowed my pace down to a walk, proud of myself that I got him off my back. You will never catch me, dino.

"HUAHAHAHA" I laughed aloud, gaining scared looks from the people around me, debating to let me be, or call an ambulance to ship me to the mental hospital.

I lowered my head in embarassement, and shuffled my way to school.

 

First period: Math.

Although I'm not particularily fond of math, but at least there was nobody to bother me.
Oh wait. I forgot.  I "befriended"  chicken boy and his gang.

"YUNHEE! OVER HEREE~~!" Onew yelled estatically.

Jeez. How can he have so much energy first thing in the morning??

I walked over to him, not because I wanted to greet him back, but because my desk just happened to be (unfortunately) behind his.

"Anyeonghaseyo.." I muttered, as Taemin waved and smiled and the tall guy apparently named Minho nodded to acknowledge my presence.

"You just came in time to hear my latest adventure with chicken!"

"Ha..ha..ha.." I "laughed", taking my books out from my backpack.

I assumed that Onew would just start telling his story immediately, but I heard nothing, so I looked up from my backpack.

To my surprise, his face was an inch away from mine, and I was about to scream at him, but I kept myself composed.  But god, it was scary.

"So." he said with a grin, "do you want to hear it!"

He said it like it wasn't a question, like if I said "no, I don't want to hear it," he would've told it anyway.  Which was weird, since in the end, my answer wouldn't have mattered anyway.

"...Uh....sure...?"

He blabbered on and on and on and on and on and on

AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON......

Next time, I'll think twice before going to math class early.

Finally, like music to my ears, the bell rang, and the teacher ushered Onew to stop talking.

LIKE MUSIC TO MY EARS.

I was even more excited today, since its Friday (friday, gettin' down on friday♫), and I was totally looking forward to the weekend (lol......).  This week was such a pain, and  I was relieved that I would finally get to take a break from all these crazy people at school.

Or at least that's what I thought.  But instead, I'd be stuck with Jonghyun for the weekend.

In science class, we were assigned a group project, where the teacher picked the partners randomly by drawing names out of a hat.  With my luck, I was stuck with Jonghyun.

"Hehehe," I heard Jonghyun laugh behind me. Acutally, it seemed like more of a cackle than a laugh.

A shiver went down my back.  I didn't dare turn around. Jonghyun sure is creepy today.

 

Jonghyun POV:

Hehehe...he.he.hehehehehe...

I'M PARTNERS WITH YUNHEE. BOOYAH!!

I told you YunHee, you will never escape my grasp.

Realizing how creepy that was, I smacked myself in the head, trying to smack the creeper within me out of myself.

"Since you all know who your partnersare now, I will leave you the time to discuss with your partners what you want to do for your project.  Remember, your topic must be one of the 10 written on the board,"stated the teacher, as she walked out the class to refill her 92735847th cup of coffee.

Slowly, and reluctantly(so it seemed), YunHee turned around to face me, but didn't look me in the eye.

"What do you want to do."

"You-"

"BWOH???!"

She glared up at me, and I realized that I should've finished my sentence faster.

"You DECIDE," I spat, making sure to put emphasize on the last word.

There was a silence between us, as she once again, avoided my eyes.

Tch. What was she thinking? tsktsk. Her mind so dirty.  Why would I want to do her?

....

AISH JONGHYUN, STOP THINKING ABOUT THAT.

I slapped myself in the forehead again, flustered, and she gave me another -wtf- look, similar to the one she had given me this morning. She sighed, and turned her head towards the whiteboard.

"You wanna do the human mind?" she asked blankly.

Idk why, but my face turned red from hearing that.

"U-uh....sure...?"

"Okay."

She got up, and went to the teacher who had came back with another mug of coffee and told her the subject we had chosen.  Her wavy hair bounced on her back everytime she took a step, matching the pace of my heartbeat. She smiled her bright smile to the teacher as the teacher crossed off the subject we had chosen from the board, and walked back towards me.

thump.thump.thump.

I could hear the heart pumping clearly through my ears, her eyes set on me.

thump.thump.thump.

" W-what are you staring at," she mumbled, "we have to get together on the wekend if we want to finish the project."

"y-ye-YEAH. OF COURSE YOU CAN COME TO MY HOUSE," I blurted out.

".....okay then."

She turned her back towards me, and started to read the textbook.

...She didn't even ask if she could come to my house to work on the project. All she said was we had to get together.  It could have meant get together at the library, get together at school...no at someones house......... =^=Why on EARTH did you say that, Kim Jonghyun??.......

AISH JONGHYUN, KEEP YOUR MIND STRAIGHT.

 

 Hey everyone! Sorry for not updating yesterday ):

and sorry for the weird chap >-> lol.

thanks to my new subbies:

►sakura12908

►cherryberry

and thanks to ALL my subscribers for your support! :D

Remember to subscribe and comment! :P