The bus ride

Because I'm Naturally Awkward

Chap 11

Yun Hee POV:

Jaejin's shift ended the same time mine did.  He offered to walk me to the bus stop. How generous!  Or maybe he just goes on the same bus as well...

The walk was relatively awkward since we didn't talk too much (cuz I'd just laugh awkardly =A=) but for one reason or another, my heart was pounding against my chest, like it would beat out and drop onto the ground any minute.  Maybe this is the guy that could become my first *~close~* guy friend???  Jaejin cleared his throat.

"So...how long have you worked there? In the convenience store, I mean," he asked.

"Since last year," I said, quieter than I wanted, and I doubted if he even heard what I said.

He just nodded, either he actually did here me, or he didn't want to bother asking me again.  We arrived at the bus stop, but he didn't leave.

"....Do you rake this bus too?" I asked.

"No."

"...."

"....."

Erm...what do I say now? "......"

"....."  Then he spoke. " I'l just wait with you until the bus comes."

"Oh. Okay."

"You know...since its getting dark at this time."

"Okay."

"And it could get dangerous," he added.

"Okay."

"And you never know who can be out there," he said, quieter than before.

"Okay." I repeated.

Then he mumbled something even quieter that I didn't know whether I should say "okay" again or not.

The awkward silence returned.

"Th-ank you," I managed to say.  I thought I should probably thank him since he was putting himself in danger too being out in the dark with me. SO MANLY OF HIM *0*/

Even thought it was quite dark,  I could see him smile.  At this time, the headlights of the bus came into view.  I wished it had come a tad but later, so I could spend a bit more time with my future best guy friend, even if it did mean just standing there in silence.

"Uh. Well the bus is here so I'll see you....Tomorrow! S-Seeya!" he said, and ran off while waving goodbye.

How cute. ^ ^ MY FUTURE BEST GUY FRIEND IS SO CUTE AISDRYHSUFISDHG

I got onto the bus, smiling to myself.  Will I seriously be able to become best buddies with him?  I've always wanted to have a close friend who was, you know..hehe..the oppposite ..ehe..he...he...hehehe....(damn I'm weird) but my awkwardness always gets in the way and drives them away.  Only JaeHwa has stuck with me, for some reason.  She has been my closest friend since elementary.  Maybe because of this, she is used to my awkard aura and barely notices it. 

But right now, when I think of JaeHwa, I'm not thinking of the long lasting friendship we've had, but of Jonghyun.  The way she was behaving around Jonghyun earlier today made me uneasy.  I wonder why though?  There is no reason for it, or there shouldn't be. My heart started to feel uncomfortable again, like when I was with JaeHwa and Jonghyun.  The words of me being "too low of a standard" from Jonghyun started to invade my mind.Who knew that a few simple words would have such an effect on me.  His actions filled my head, as I desperately tried to push them away.  Why did he even bother with me?  Its not like I'm pretty, nor a sociable person. I'm a girl that can't even keep a conversation going for longer than 5 sentences, yet he stays with me and is always first for picking me as  his partner.  I'm a "low standard" person.  Does he pity me? Does he think that I would be last to be chosen, so he's sacrificing himself to be my partner?

However happy Jaejin hade made me that night faded away.  All the ride home, my mind was thinking only about Jonghyun.

ohohoho~starting to feel more than an interest towards Jonghyun? XDD

How was the chapter? Please give feedback ^ ^

thank you to my new subbies:

♥kaepop

♥GoofyElla

I ruv yous, my subbies :DD