I LIKE YOU..???

Because I'm Naturally Awkward

Chap 18.

YunHee POV:

School started with a drag, math class the living soul right out of me.

I listened to the conversations around me boredly, hearing someone describe what they had for breakfast.

"It was so wonderful, the chicken so juicy and soft, each bite was like I was sent to heaven..."

With annoyance, I looked in the direction of where the conversation was coming from.  Onew the chicken-lover was once again telling his story to a guy, whose name I found out was Taemin.  I stared, wondering how a human could be so in love with a particular type of food.  Sensing my gaze, Onew shifted his eyes to my direction. Surprised, I lifted my head and pretended that I was actually looking at the ceiling, and not him.

"AH! JAEJIN'S FRIEND." Onew stated bluntly, pointing a finger in my direction.

The two other people with him( Taemin and Minho? I think that was his name) turned around with curiosity.

They stared and stared, as I casually put my arm up to cover my face.  Why are they staring at me???

Suddenly, Onew jumped over his desk, and appeared in front of me.  He stared intently into my eyes.

Unsure of what he was up to, I just looked down, pretending that he left.

"Yah."

Crap.  Did I offend him like that? I lifted my head slowly, expecting to see a scowl. But instead, a wide smile was on his face.

"Jaejin's friend is my friend!" he declared, as the boy named Taemin hopped to his side.

"Me too! Hyung's friend is my friend too!" smiled Taemin with sparkly eyes.

Minho stayed in his seat, no longer interested, focusing on his math, like how everyone should be doing.

"Uh..." I really had no clue what else to say.

"Wanna hear a story?" Onew asked, his eyes beaming.  In the background, I could have sworn I heard a sigh from Minho.

"Well I...I should work on my m-math"  I answered, although I was finished it ages ago.

"Do you need help then?" he asked, " I'm not boasting or anything, but I happen to be a top student."  He straightened his back and stuck his chest out, filled with pride.

Uh. Well, yea, I happen to be one as well =0=

"Yes! Hyung is the best!" Taemin added,"hyung is super super super smart!!"

"Ahaha..ha..ha.. I think I can manage by myself..............................." I said with a forced smile.

Onew's smile was replaced with a pout. "Oh. Well, if you need help, you can always come searching for me! I will always help a friend in need!"

Ha..ha..ha...

With that, the bell rang and I gathered my books, not replying to Onew, since he was off telling another one of his chicken stories to Taemin again.

Art class was next, which means that I could thank Jaejin for all the trouble that I had caused yesterday.

I walk into the classroom to see Jaejin sitting on the edge of his seat impatiently.  He turned to look at the doorway where I was, and a smile appeared on his face.  He waved, pointing at the empty desk beside him.

"Anyeong YunHee" he greeted me as I walked to the desk beside him.

" Jaejin-ssi! T-TThank you!" I bowed.

He looked at me with a confused expression.  "For what?  For saving you a seat? Theres no need to thank me, really.. ^ ^;"

"No! N-not that," I broke into a sweat, " for yesterday..."

"Ah," he blushed, looking down, " its alright.. a-are you feeling better today?"

"Y-yeah."

"Thats good."

"Haha...yeah.."

"...."

"..."

"Like I said...you should call me oppa." he said quietly, still looking down.

"HUH?" I gasped, at the suddeness of his remark.

"B-but don't push yourself!... if you dont want to, that is.."

Yesterday's scene popped into my head, how I fainted after he asked me to call him that.

" T-thats not it..." I whispered with a smile, trying to keep the mood up.

He laughed an awkward laugh, "It's okay, just forget I mentioned it."

The rest of the class we sat in silence, concentrating on our artwork.  I wonder if I had made him sad by not calling him oppa?  That was definetely not my intention, and I was starting to feel guilty for it.  Truthfully, I did want to call him oppa, but I felt too shy to.  WHAT IS UP WITH ME AND BEING SHYY TTTT^TTTT.  I glanced at the clock, and class was nearly over.  I gathered up my courage and took a deep breath.

"J-Jaejin...."

He turned around curiously. " Hm?What's up?"

"O....opp...aa," I squeaked.

"Huh?"

Did I not say it loud enough? I took a breath in as I felt the blood rise to my cheeks.

"Jaejin...oppa."

I heard a crash and quickly looked up to see what was the commotion.  Beside me, Jaejin's chair had fallen over as he hastily picked it back up, his face flushed red, a smile lingering on his face. 

Totally not expecting him to fall off his chair, I helped him up, picking up his pencil that had fallen on the ground as well.

"A-are you okay??"

"Yeah! O-of course!" he said with utter joy, although he seemed to be trying to hide it.

O.O Why would someone be happy about falling off their chair??

I sat back down in my own seat as Jaejin sat back down in his.

"You're eating lunch with us today too, right, YunHee?" he asked cheerfully.

"Oh. S-sure!"

"That's great!" he exclaimed, swiping his belongings off the desk into his backpack.

The bell rang, and he politely waited for me to finish packing up with a smile on his face, and together we went to the cafeteria.

As we were walking, I remembered what Jonghyun had said to me on the bus.

"Oh! O-opp.." I started, but too shy to finish off my sentence, "UH...Jae-JAEJIN!.....oppa.."

"Hm?" he said, a smile lingering on his face again.

"Are you close friends with Jonghyun-ssi?"

"Oh? How did you know?" he said casually, looking over at me.

"Ah...he...told me....?"

"You know Jonghyun too?" he asked with excitement.

Unfortunately, yes. =0=

"Haha..yea..."

"He's the best!!" he anounced estatically, scaring the heck outta me,"he may seem arrogant at first, but he's really, really caring. Hyung FTW!"

H-H-e's the BEST?!?! Thaaat...to me, is debatable.  I was never expecting to hear that about Jonghyun in my LIFE, especially from someone so kind..and cute...with such a wonderful personality.

" ..I see...ha..ha.."

We walked into the cafeteria, and Jaejin suggested that we sit with Jonghyun, but I rejected that suggestion.  I suggested that we find a seat beside Victoria, but in the end, it wouldn't have mattered, since Victoria and Jonghyun were sitting at the same table.

There were two empty seats between Victoria and Jonghyun, like it was fate for us to sit there. Jaejin held hold of my wrist and guided me through the crowd of people standing around to the two destined seats.

"Hyung!" Jaejin shouted, as we were about a couple feet away.

Jonghyun had an earphone in, scrolling through his ipod. "Jaejin? What is it?" he said monotonously, his eyes glued to the screen.

"I didn't know you knew YunHee!"

His eyes darted up to look at Jaejin and I, and he raised an eyebrow  at Jaejin's hand that was holding my wrist. There was a pause. Then, his face brightened and he started to speak.

"Huh. You didn't know?" he chimed," we are like best budss."

Say what.

Jonghyun patted the seat beside him, offering me the seat.  I slipped into the seat looking at him, trying to see what he was up to.  Us?? "Best buds"?? You've got to be kidding me.

"Why the long face, Yunnie?" Jonghyun asked mockingly.

". . . . . . . . ."

"YunHeeeee!" Victoria  squealed, greeting me from the seat beside Jaejin.  Which reminded me, where was she in art class???? Was she skipping, perhaps..?

"Anyeong," I said, turning my back to Jonghyun.

" Oh yeah, Victoria, where were you in art class today?" questioned Jaejin.

Our conversation with the three of us started, while Jonghyun sat there, pouting that he wasn't included.  I continued to have my back towards him, until he started drawing designs on my back.  He knew that made me uncomfortable, and he used that to his advantage. I whipped my head around to find him smiling at me.

"Y-Yah," I stuttered.  Why was he smiling? Does he LIKE to annoy the hell out of me?

Then his face became serious.  "Why did you have your back turned to me?? I was feeling lonely..." Then he looked at me with his puppy dog eyes, making me melt juuuust a bit.

" J-just do whatever you were doing with your ipod earlier on..." I continued to stutter, avoiding his eyes.

"But you're here now, why would I want to do that?"

O.O My heart started to beat so loudly, that I wouldn't be surprised if Jonghyun could hear it.

I faced forward, not replying to his question, and took a bite out of my sandwich.

"Did you eat what I gave you this morning?"

I stopped chewing.  Thinking about this morning made me want to spit out the sandwich in my mouth.

"No."

"Why not~?" he whined.

"Cuz I'd be dead if I did."

"What????" he gasped, "do you think that lowly of me??? Did you think I poisoned it or something?? I'm hurt, Yunnie."

Wow.  He sure jumps to conclusions. "No, I didn't think that! I'm allergic!!" I shot back.

"Oh."

It was silent between me and him.  Now that is something new.  I munched on my sandwich and finished it, but Jonghyun  still had not said a word.  Strange.  I sneaked a peek at him, to see him not eating, but like he was drowning in guilt.  Did I make him feel guilty??? TT^TT I opened my can of juice slowly, sensing the awkwardness that was rising between us.  I took a sip of my juice.

"Y-yah." I said, nudging him, "...why aren't you talking."

"I could have killed you."

Does he really feel that guilty? Maybe I shouldn't have exaggerated that much;my allergy isn't actually life-threatening. Crap.  Now I feel guilty for making him feel guilty QQ.

"Tch. I'm not that stupid as to not look at the wrapping before I eat something." I said, attempting to brighten the mood, but failing.

" I still feel guilty," he moped.

Now I feel even guiltierrr TT_TT  JONGHYUN, CAN'T YOU JUST ACT LIKE YOUR USUAL ARROGANT SELF?

"D-don't be."

"How can I?"

"..Cuz I'm alive, you... r-retard."

His eyes widened like this O__O "What did you just call me??"

Is he getting back to normal? " Ha..ha..."

"Did you call me, THE WONDERFUL KIM JONGHYUN, what I think you did?!!"

"Of course not...?" I said, taking a sip of my juice, not looking at him.

He was about to speak, and I knew that this conversation would either a) end up with him telling me how awesome he is or b) end up with him scolding me.  I reached into my bag, and took out an extra can of juice and shoved it into his face.

"Don't feel guilty anymore then..I like you better when you're not all gloomy."

....

...

DID I JUST SAY I LIKED HIM???

I turned to look at Jonghyun, who had a very, very, arrogant smile on his face.

"So...you like me?" he said with a smirk, leaning in closer.

"N-NO. PSSH....W-Why would I like YOU?" I stuttered, my face turning more like the colour of a tomato each second.  I grabbed my bag from off the floor and ran out with embarrassement, tripping over my chair in the process of doing so.

This afternoon with Jonghyun will be like hell.h h

 

 

Hey everyone, how was the chapter?

Sorry I updated a day later than I usually do, I was busy....reading Inuyasha LOL ^ ^; and other stuff of course! XD

Please comment, Subscribe and reccomend if you like my story!  :DD