The New Beginning

Because I'm Naturally Awkward

Chap.12

Yun Hee POV:

7:45AM.

I was awoken by the alarm on my cellphone, playing "When the Door Closes" by B2ST.  Maybe I should change it, since the song is so soothing it makes me want to drift into dreamland again~~~~

No wonder it was 8:10AM when I looked at the clock again.

OH SHIIEET IMMA MISS THE BUSS.

Usually I waked up at 8AM, but I was planning on waking up earlier so I wouldn't have to take the same bus as Jonghyun.  I had a feeling that if I saw him again, my heart would feel that aching feeling.  In addition, I didn't want to make him pity me for not having anyone to talk to on the bus, making him feel obliged to talk to me himself.  I don't need anbody to pity me.  In fact, I think I'm doing perfectly fine without having to talk to anybody.

I was out the door in 8min and 33 sec; BOOYAH A NEW RECORD >:D

But it wasn't fast enought, unfortunately for me.  I ran to the bus stop just in time to see the bus leave before my bloodshot, tired, eyes.  Now I would have to take the same bus as KIM. JONG.HYUN. 

I moped around the bus stop waiting for the next bus, thinking about what I should say to him if he happens to alk to me again.  The bus would (or should) come in 5 minutes, which it too little time to think of what to say!  I paced around the bus stopthinking that the bus ride will be another awkwardly awkard bus ride with Jonghyun.  At least he didn't wait at the same stop as me, or else THAT would be awkward to the max.

Then again, I just make everything awkward.

I looked at my watch.  The bus should come in 3 min and 27 sec.  That means I still have time to think of the plausible phrases he might say to me and think of the best reply for each one.  You may think that I am planning too much, but without a plan, nothing will ever go smoothly. NOTHING.

As I tried to come up of ways to answer "How are you?"( its very important, it sets the enitre mood of the conversation.. if you say something negative, the enitre conversation may have a negative feel to it, which will make the listener feel obliged to say something that will make you feel better, even if they don't know what to say), the bus arrived in front of me.  I check my watch.

ITS 1MINUTE AND 08SECONDS EARLY.!!!!  HOW CAN THIS BE???  Do you know how many replies I could have thought of in that time? Now I have been cut short on my precious time.  NOTHING IS GOING AS PLANNEDDDDD.

I got onto the bus last, dragging my feet, trying to make some more time to think of last minute replies.  I finally could not walk any slower (cuz it would be humanly impossible to), and had to step foot onto the bus.

I look around the bus.

Huh. He's not here. WHAT A WASTE OF MY BRAIN POWER. 

I headed towards the back of the bus and sat beside a man reading a newspaper, his face buried behind it, absorbing all the good shtuff about politics and business and globalisation.  I untangled my earphones, my mp3, andwas about to enter the magnificent world of music right when the man beside me spoke.

"Sup, Yunnie."

OLD MAN CALLED ME WHAT?!!!

I glared at the person beside me that I thought was a regular businessman, but realized it was none other that Jonghyun sitting next to me. I quickly turned away.

I did not think of a reply for " Sup, Yunnie."  HOW CAN I BE SO UNPREPARED??

I look back at him with my mouth hanging open.

"Didn't think you'd come sit beside me," he teased sending me an electrifying wink at the same time.

I also did not think of a reply for that either.  DAMMIT. If this was a quiz, you would FAIL, YunHee, FAILLL. You are not prepared at all.

"Th-That's because I was unaware that you were the citizen I was seated next to due to the sizely newspaper that was blocking the view to your face!!"

Wow.  I can't believe I said that whole sentence aloud.

And apparently, neither could Jonghyun.  He just gawked at me like he just witnessed a rare event that only happened once in a lifetime.  I broke the eye contact betwenn him and I  by continuing to untangle my earphones, although I was getting nowhere with it.  His face was still like this when I looked over :

"Woah," he breathed, "so you do know how to speak fluently!"

I shot him a glare again.  As handsome as your are, you sure know how to get on my nerves, Kim Jonghyun.

"That's good," he spoke normally again, " hearing your speaking voice sounds much nicer than your awkard laughs."  Then he patted my head.

....Was that a compliment?  AND DID HE JUST PAT MY HEAD?? I looked back at him and saw him staring back.  Embarassed, I looked back down at my earphones.  Just what is he thinking?  Sometimes I wish I could bel ike Edward Cullen and be like BAM I know what you're thinking, fool.

ANYWAYS, I let my hair fall, like in Twilight (trolololol~), to make a wall between his stare and my face, which was turning redder each second.

"Hey," he said.

I could swear my hear skipped a beat. "...yes?"  Is he gonna compliment me again? Teehee~

"Aren't you gonna get up?" he asked.

I lifted my head to see that it was at the stop where we get off.  I quickly stood up and heard Jonghyun snicker beside me.  We filed out of the bus, me walking ahead so I didn't have to keep talking to the insolent jerk.  I could feel my chest feeling uncomfortable again.

"Yah! Why are you walking so fast??" he shouted from behind me.

Tch. Just because his short legs couldn't keep up with me doesn't mean that I was walking fast.

That was what I wanted to shout back, but of course I didn't, since I'm a WELL MANNERED PERSON.

-sigh-  I guess its true that handsome people are only handsome, and nothing else.

"This is how I usually walk," I replied loudly (so he could hear me), not looking back at him.

"Hey YOU!!!" he yelled from behind.

Ouch. So rude, I have a name ):  With that, I did start walking fast, faster than I usually do.  I slid throught the crowd of people in front of me, trying to get Jonghyun off my back.  I crossed the street just when the flashing red hand appeared, signaling to stop walking.  I quickly ran across, leaving Jonghyun on the other side of the street.  On the other side, I saw Jonghyun out of breath, giving me a death glare.  Geez, why so made? Just because your short legs couldn't keep up with me doesn't give you the right to be mada t me.  I swiftly turned myback to Jonghyun and walked normal speed to school, with an extra kick to my step. 

I've thought it over.  I do NOT LIKE Jonghyun. I was only confused due to the sudden appearance and closeness of such a handsome male.  From now on, Jonghyun will only be another human being to me, and nothing else.  Plus, we were almost compplete strangers to each other.  I didn't know a thing about him, and vice versa, nor did I have any intention to get to know him anymore.  What's so good about a nice face when their words were the exact opposite?  I held my head high, and pushed open the door to school, ready for a new beginning.  But the door didn't open.  I pushed it harder, but i wouldn't budge.

"Tch, it says pull, retard," said Jonghyun, who seemed to have caught up to me.  He pulled opened the door, and walked in, not keeping it open for me to enter.

What a great start to a new beginning.

 

Sup everybody? Did'ya like it? Sorry for the Twilight-ness, I just had the urge to make that connection XDD . Hope this chaper isgood enough for the next couple of days, cuz its gonna be hard to update everyday! ):

Thanks to my new subbie:

♠thewriter

oh yeah, i will be trying to upload the pictures from the previous chapter again, cuz you can't see them anymore for some reason ):  Keep following please! :"D

Have a good week everyone!!

Beeteedubs, sorry peeps, I don't actually like Twilight :x

is h