I no longer like you

Because I'm Naturally Awkward

Chap 27

Jonghyun POV:

Its 3:57pm

YunHee shall come in 3 minutes.

I sat beside my windowsill in my room, eagerly looking for the appearance of a short girl who would walk up my driveway and ring the door bell. Is it creepy? Of course not.

Okay, maybe a bit.

And I will admit--yes. I do like her.  I know that I was avoiding this before, since I had no intention of liking her in the first place.  She was only someone I would toy with to pass the time.  But things started to change.  Everyday I would look forward to school, knowing that I might see her on the bus, at school, on the way home...where I could see her face,her smile, her blush, her eyes......

Cheesy?  Deal with it.

I layed my head in my arms, looking up at the clock.

3:59 pm

1 minute left.

Kekekeke.

: : : : : :

4:02 pm

WHERE IS SHE??

Impatiently, I began to drum my fingertips on the windowsill, no longer slouching but sitting upright, anxious to see YunHee.  Why is she late? Did she get in an accident?  A feeling of dread washed over me, my heart fell like a 100lb stone to the bottom of my stomach.

4:05 pm

Should I call her? But that might seem a bit creepy. I mean, she's only 5 minutes late....right? I shouldn't be freaking out for nothing.  I closed my eyes, took a deep breath in and exhaled slowly, like what they do in those yoga sessions on tv.

Ding Do--

SHE'S HERE. I bolted down the stairs, my heart pounding against my chest, fumbled with the look on the door, and quickly opened it.

"Sup," I said in the most casual voice I could, propping my elbow against the door frame.

"Uh. Hi?" she said, raising an eyebrow.

She was wearing tank top with a sweater overtop, leaving part of her shoulder exposed. Sort of like this:

Inset Off-Shoulder Top

 There was a short pause between us, which consisted of me staring at her black silky hair, her porcelain white skin...until she was the one to break the silence.

"So...can I come in, or are you just gonna stand there blocking the door...."

Realizing that I was in fact blocking the entrance, I quickly pushed the door open wide and scurried to one side.

"Where are we working on the project?" she asked, taking off her sneakers.

"In my room."

She hesitated for a split second, but replied in a collected tone. "Okay."

I lead her up the stairs to my room, which I had cleaned especially for her arrival.

"What do you want to start with?"she asked, as she helped herself to a corner on my bed.

Keke. She's sitting on my bed.

SNAP OUT OF IT.

"U-uhm, it doesn't matter."

"Okay. Then I guess we'll just go with the subtopics on wikipedia," she stated while she opened her laptop and began typing.

I stood there aimlessly for a while until she looked up from her laptop.

"Come," she said, gesturing me to move by slightly nodding her head, her hair sliding off her shoulder, revealing a bit of her soft, white skin.

"I just did," I whispered, dazed.

"B-bwoh??"

"N-nothing," I stuttered, as I quickly rushed to her side.

She pointed out which sections each one of us was supposed to do, but as hard as I tried to focus, my eyes kept shifting from the computer screen towards her shoulder.

"Understand?"

"Y-yeah!" I blurted out, completely caught off gaurd.

Knowing that that was my cue to go to my computer and start working, I shuffled towards my desk and pretended to focus on our project.

And damn, was it hard to focus.  I had to resist from turning around and glancing at YunHee, or else that'd confirm my creepiness even more.  I lightly tapped my fingers against the keyboard to make a sound like I was typing, but I was actually fidgeting like hell.

You're losing it Jonghyun. YOU'RE LOSING IT!  You're supposed to be the cool and collected one, not the one who can't even focus because the girl you like is in your room! Keep it together!!  I silently took a breath through my nose, trying to calm myself down.  Right then, I heard the cutest sneeze I had ever heard in my life from behind me.

" 'scuse me," she said in a quiet voice.

SO CUTEEEE.  I clenched my fist in attempt to keep my cool, my heart ready to beat out of my chest.

"Are you cold?" I asked.

"Ani."

Aaand back to work.  The rest of the day passed in silence (unfortunately) until it was time for her to leave.  She closed her laptop with a click, stretched, and let out a small sigh.

"I should go now,"she said, as she carefully tucked her laptop back into her messenger bag.

"Okay," I replied reluctantly.  I stood up from my chair, scratching the back of my neck, not wanting her to go.  She reached for the doorknob, but paused before she opened the door.

"You know...Jonghyun...."

"Deh?"

"You seem different."

"Eh?"

"From before..."

"How so?" I asked anxiously.

"You're not as....as creepy?"

I couldn't help but chuckle at that, since it seems to me that I had become the opposite of that.

"Well I feel less awkward with you now...maybe because I know that I no longer like yo--" she abruptly cut off.

"No longer like what?" I asked nervously.

"Nothing," she said quickly, and opened the door.

"Yah! YunHee," I shouted behind her as she walked down the stairs.  I was now curious. Damn curious.  Why'd she say something and not continue it?  Is it some sort of secret?

"No longer like what?" I repeated.

"Nevermind!"

"Tell me!"

"No!"

"Tell me!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"NO!"

"What do you no longer like?"I conitnued to whined,  but this time grabbing hold of her forearm, which caused a shock of electricity through me.

"YOU!" she shouted back, then quickly glancing away.

 

 

 

What?

She  squirmed out of my grip and rushed out the door, leaving me standing there with my arm still outstretched.  Did she say that she no longer liked.....me?  A stab of pain went through my chest as I clenched my fist and brought back my extended arm.  My stomach tightened, a shiver went through my whole body, and my heart felt like it had been stabbed a thousand times.

I never believed that it would hurt so much when someone breaks a person's heart.  I always thought that it would be something that you could shrug off and forget, like a scratch on the knee that might leave only a faded mark if not anything.  I thought that people were always being too dramatic with their breakups and crap, who locked thmselves in their room for days on end because of that someone.  I thought that they were just weak and were not able to let go of what was already the past.  I always kept my mind set on this philosophy that I never really believed that getting rejected (even indirectly) could cause such...pain.

Boy, was I wrong.

 

Hey everyone! Sorry for such a crappy chapter....and most of all

SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR SO LONG DD:

I was lacking motivation, and was ready to just delete this fic, but I decided not to because that'd be...cruel ):

I would feel like I was killing someone, since I created a character and then just deleted it...

and it would be cruel to my subbies as well, right? XP 

I was cruel for not updating for so long...mianhaeyo > <

and also very sorry for giving you such a crappy update on top of that TTT^TTT I'm just running low on ideas QQ

But thanks to my recent subscriptions:

+ kekeIfarted        + simpleseoulutions

+ ham547             + sam_kyuminhae

+ mikinoodles       + KoreanAddict

+ abbie0916         + Jojochicky

(: