Chapter 4

I Hate Weak People!

Hi! I'm currently in Japan so it took me a while to update, however, I hope you like this update. Please comment and I will updatte as soon as I possibly can~ I loves you all snd I wish I could bring you things back from Japan heart 

 

 

 

Taemin’s POV

“Onew… she won’t even talk to me… could you please tell her for me…?”

Onew sighed but nodded.

“Arasso…”

 

 

Onew’s POV

Aish, this kid.

I headed to Taemin’s room and closed the door behind me.

She watched me from the bed. I smiled and motioned if it was ok for me to come over.

She just nodded and so I walked over to the bed and took the chair from Taemin’s desk and sat down.

“Mi Young… I don’t know you too well… but it’s obvious you’re going through something really hard…”

She looked away and I continued.

“I hate guessing, but from what I see, you seem terribly skinny for a teen your age… and also… all the bruises... I’m not really going to assume anything because that would be wrong of me… but I would think you don’t want the police involved…seeing as how… you tried to deal with it yourself… but I can’t just let you go back to whatever you were in before so… I would like you to stay here for a little while… just until you get healthy again. I’ve talked with the other members. They all agree. I think it might be best... is that ok with you…? Otherwise… I would… have to get the police involved… at least this way you don’t have to worry about them…”

I felt horrible. I was a terrible person.

I watched as small tears formed in her eyes.

“Fine. Whatever. I don’t want that rat speaking to me though.”

“Who… Taemin…?”

She nodded.

“Hmm… I know you don’t like him… but please… don’t insult him… he is my Dongsaeng and he was only doing what he thought was best… as his Hyung I wouldn’t like to see people insult him…”

At that she let out a scoff and smirked as if something I had just said was funny.

“Whatever…”

“So then… you’ll stay?”

“I really have no other choice. You sort of blackmailed me.”

“Ah… Mianhae…” I scratched the back of my neck nervously.

There was an awkward silence seeing as how I am the king of awkward.

“Is that all?” she asked, causing me to jump up and lose my balance and fall over onto the floor.

I heard her giggling and I looked up at her. She was covering with wide eyes. Her cheeks turned a light ink and she quickly masked her face with her emotionless face again.

“M-mianhae…” I got up quickly and sat the chair back at the desk and then hurried out of the room.

 

W-what was that…?

 

 

Temin’s POV

A few days and she still hadn’t said anything to me. I continued to sleep in Minho’s room and let her stay in my room.

I really hated her not talking to me. I felt like there was an empty pit in my stomach every time I watched her walk passed me and ignore me.

It had been almost a week and school was starting back up in three days.

 

 

Crap… I have to do homework and all of my stuff is in my room…

I hesitated but decided to take a chance. She was probably still asleep. Getting books wouldn’t make too much noise… would it?

I quietly cracked the door open and peaked in.

Still asleep.

“Ok. Come one Taemin. It’s not like she’s going to kill you…“

I stepped into the room and quietly tip toed over to my desk.

I glanced over at her and noticed that instead of that tough girl mask that she always put on, she looked extremely peaceful. She looked sound. I wondered why she never looked like this when she’s awake.

Without realizing it I had made my way over to my bed and was watching her.

She’s… really beautiful…

I felt my cheeks light up.

But a second later her brows furrowed and she looked like she was…sad? Upset, maybe. She let out a soft whimper and all I could do was watch. I wanted to help. For some strange reason, I wanted to hold her in a hug.

Why does she look so sad…? What happened to her…?

I was shocked at my thoughts. Why am I worrying about her like this…? Is this normal…?

I let out a sigh and found myself reaching for her face. I pushed her hair out of her eyes and watched her closely.

Do I… hear music…?

I couldn’t get the distinct sound of music out of my head, and for a second I thought I was crazy until I noticed a beat up old music player sticking out from underneath her—my--- pillow.

I looked at her ears and noticed what I didn’t before. Head phones.

I slowly and gently pulled the mp3 out from under the pillow, trying to be careful not to wake her.

Why am I so curious?

The mp3 was really tiny and had an extremely tiny screen. I had a few small dents in it too.

I clicked the button to light up the screen and read the title of the song.

‘Ugly’ by ‘2NE1’.

So she likes 2NE1 Noonas?

I clicked the menu button and looked over the songs.

Most of them were by 2NE1 but she had some BoA.

I wonder… if she has SHINee...

I searched down the menu, looking at all the songs hoping that I would see ‘Ring Ding Dong’ or ‘Lucifer, or something else of ours but couldn’t find any.

I kept looking for some stupid reason.

Why the hell do I care? Not everyone has to be a fan, Taemin.

But then I stopped.

No way.

 

‘Jojo-’ by ‘SHINee’.

I smiled to myself and looked up at her.

                                                   

I didn’t expect her eyes to open until it was too late.

I couldn’t move. I was frozen from her stare. 

She shot up and glared at me.

I could see her cheeks turning slightly red and I don’t know why but my heart went a little crazy. She hadn’t realized she had ripped her headphones out of the mp3 I was still holding.

“Yah! Why are you watching me sleep?! Are you some kind of creep?!”

 

“A-ani! No way! I just… I umm…. I came in to get my text books… and…”

“Last time I checked, I wasn’t made of paper and a hardback cover.” Her eyes grew as she saw the mp3 in my hands,

“Yah! What are you doing with that?! You idiot! Give it back!” she grabbed it from my hands, but it didn’t look like she was actually mad. Instead it looked more like she was scared or worried.

“R-right… I-I’m sorry… I’ll go now…” I started to get up but then, without thinking, again, I turned around to her,

“Mi Young… Do you… do you really hate me…?” that was the dumbest thing I could have asked.

Her eyes flared up and she clenched her hands into fists.

“Yes. I do.” She looked me directly in the eyes and held my gaze for a while before looking away.

I felt my heart sink and I knew I should just leave but instead, I didn’t.

“W-Why…? Can you at least tell me that?”

 

“Because  you’re weak.”

Wait… what? How am I weak? I thought she hated me because I saved her… at least, that’s what she had said.

“What--?”

“You’re weak. I hate weak people. And that was before you saved me. I hate you even more now because you took away my happiness.”

“Y-yah! Happiness?! You were about to jump in front of a car! How would that make you happy?!”

“You wouldn’t understand! Happiness to me would be the end of my life. That’s the only way I can be happy!” I could see her eyes were getting watery.

“That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard! Happiness isn’t death! Happiness is having someone to love you and care for you! It’s doing what you love to do in life! Not ending your life before it even starts!”

D-did I really just say that? I’m such a jerk…a cheesy jerk.

She looked directly at me and there were tears streaming down her cheeks now.

“Yah! That may be happiness for you but for me happiness is the chance to see my mother again! The only person who actually did care for me! You don’t know how much I miss her! You don’t know anything about me! You’re just some spoiled rich kid who has always been loved! That’s why you’re so weak! You don’t know what it’s like to be abused by your own father! Or blamed for your mother’s death! You don’t know anything!”

I stood there in shock. I couldn’t do anything. I couldn’t even move.

She… she gets abused…?

She was sobbing by now and I was extremely happy that my Hyungs were all gone doing some radio thing. I didn’t want them to come in and do anything stupid.

“M-Mi Young… is that… is that where those bruises came from…?” I took a step closer to her and she instantly took a step back.

“S-shut up… it’s not like you care. You’re just some stupid jerk.” She mumbled through her sobs.

“And what if I do care?” I took another step closer and she continued to back away.

“That’s impossible. No one cares.”

“What do you mean? I just said I care.”

“No, you don’t even know me. You just saved me from my happiness and now you think that just because you’ve heard some of my problems that you can just somehow become a part of my life and try to ‘help’ me out, when really, in all honestly, you’re the one who needs help.”

Some? That’s not everything…? And what does she mean…? I need help…?

 

“Can you just go…? The only reason I’m staying here is because that clumsy leader of yours blackmailed me.”

I raised an eyebrow. Jinki? Blackmailed? Interesting.

“Y-yeah… sorry…” I turned and left quickly.

 

 

About an hour later I didn’t even think before walking into my room.

Big mistake, Taemin.

“Y-yah!” I turned quickly before I could see much of anything, thankfully. She was just changing into a different shirt from the stack of old T-shirts of mine and Jonghyun.

I felt a pillow hit my back but I was too afraid to turn around.

“Yah, pabo, what did you see?”

“O-only… only your stomach…” I heard her sigh in relief.

“Good. You can’t just walk in on someone! You should learn to knock!”

 

“Yah. You do know this is my room right…? Meaning… I’m allowed to be in here whenever I want.” I turned around to face her.

She raised an eyebrow, glaring at me and then shoved passed me.

“That’s right. I forgot.” She grabbed one of the extra blankets and walked out of my room.

. What did I just do…?

I followed her out and saw her plop down on the couch.

“Yah. That’s also my sofa.” What am I doing…?

She glared at me again and then plopped down on the floor.

“You gonna tell me you own the floor too?”

“…Technically…since we pay the rent…”

She glared at me and I shut up.

My stomach let out a growl and I bit my lip.

I need food.

Key said I’m not allowed to cook though… I’ll just have to wait…

 

My stomach growled again and I walked to the kitchen to open the fridge and see if there was something easy to make.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Why didn’t Key Umma go shopping…?

I ruffled my hair, frustrated.

I heard a sigh from behind me, “Yah, move over.”

I looked up and saw her standing there with her arms crossed.

I quickly moved over as she walked to the fridge.

She thought for a moment but then grabbed out butter and cheese.

Next she went to the counter and grabbed bread.

She searched for a frying pan and then the stove.

“Yah, are you just going to stand there like an idiot?”

I quietly shook my head and walked over to her to try to help but she pointed at the table.

“Just go, sit. I’m sure you are useless in the kitchen seeing as how you couldn’t even see the ingredients for a grilled cheese.”

“I… umm… ok.” I walked over to the table and sat down.

Wait, is she making me food too? Wow… maybe she doesn’t hate me?

Fat chance, Taemin.

 

 

She put down a plate in front of me and then took her plate to the couch and sat down.

I heard the TV turn on and wanted to go sit down on the couch also but I figured she wouldn’t like that so I decided to stay put.

 

I heard a familiar voice on the TV.

It was IU Noona’s.

I looked over at the screen and saw her watching Music Bank. IU was hosting it but it was an older one.

 

I turned back to my sandwich and took a bite.

Dang this is good! Oh, wow, I didn’t realize that I was this hungry.

I finished the sandwich in a matter of minutes and turned my attention back to the TV.

 

“You’re a pig.” She said referring to how fast I finished my meal.

“Y-yah! I am not…”

“Uh huh, sure.”

“Yah!” I paused, “Oh… thank you… by the way.”

“Whatever.” She turned around and looked at the screen.

“Do you even know these bands?”   

“Some of them. I normally don’t watch TV so I’ve only heard of them through school and other ways.”

“But you have an mp3… so you have to listen to some music.”

“I do. But all I have is old music. I haven’t been able to keep up with new music.”

She looked a little upset.

 

Suddenly IU introduced SHINee and I smiled.

I remember filming this. I was so tired though.

Just before the performance she changed the channel and I frowned.

“Yah, why did you change it?”

“Because I got bored. I’m not found of SHINee.”

She said while searching through the channels.

“What? Yah, you do realize that—“I froze. Maybe I shouldn’t tell her…

 She looked at me and waited for me to continue.

“You do realize that you’re living with SHINee, right?”

She looked a little dumbfounded but then she fixed herself.

“Ah, that’s what that Dubu Bunny guy said isn’t it? Hah. I wasn’t really even paying much attention to that Bunny.” She shrugged and looked back at the TV.

Wait… and didn’t she have a SHINee song on her mp3? This girl is crazy.

I got up and decided to sit on the couch far away from her.

She finally went back to Music Bank after our performance was over and we sat there with only the sound of music and IU’s voice for a while.

Her eyes were glued to the TV and I couldn’t help but admire her.

I was happy she didn’t notice me. She probably would have killed me.

I frowned when my eyes caught sight of a rather large bruise on her arm. It wasn’t even fully showing, but I could tell it was huge and it looked painful.

 

I couldn’t stop myself from talking, “I… I wish you would tell someone...”

She turned her direction from the TV to me.

She looked… scared. It looked like there was a fight going on inside her, with one side saying yes and one side saying no.

For a second I thought she might actually agree with me, but it looks like the ‘no’ sidewon.

“And you should mind your own damn business.”

“… I’m trying to but… it bugs me… and… I’m worried. What are you going to do after this…? I don’t want you to have to go home… I can’t let you.”

“Yah. Once again, mind your own damn business. When I’m done getting blackmailed by Mr. Bunny man, I’m leaving and no one will see me again.”

“Yah! You can’t do that!”

“Why? It’s not like you actually care. And you don’t know what I’m going to do.”

“I do care though! Stop acting like you have to do this alone!”

She let out a scoff, “You know nothing about me. You’re just some punk little brat who happened to hear a bad story. Everyone has problems, and everyone has to deal with them on their own. My problem is at home. Your problem is that you’re too weak.”

 “Yah! What do you mean I’m weak? I don’t understand why you keep saying that. I know I’m a little frail, and I don’t have much muscle…but still!”

She smirked, “Idiot. I’m not talking about that kind of weakness.”

I looked at her confused, until she rolled her eyes.

“You don’t stand up for yourself. You sit there and let them walk all over you and it seriously pisses me off.” She stood up and threw the remote down.

“I’m going to shower. Don’t walk in on my again.”

She walked away from the room and left me sitting there, dumbfounded.

I guess she’s right… I probably should stand up for myself… but I can’t… not only because of my reputation in SHINee… but… because… why?

I couldn’t think of what it was that really prevented me from standing up for myself and telling Jin Young to go pick on someone else.

Why am I like this?