Chapter 13

I Hate Weak People!

 

I can’t explain it but I really wanted to see Taemin. I was worried that something happened… something being my dad.

I shook the thought out of my head and continued to act.

I asked them about their day and Jonghyun filled me in, along with Onew adding a few crazy comments.

They seriously worked way too hard, 3 photo shoots in one day? Along with a radio show? And all on different sides of town.

 

“Wow, that’s a lot of work. I don’t know how you guys--” I was cut off by the door opening and Taemin walking in. I was so relieved to see him safe.

“Taemin-ah, you’re home~” Key sang.

Taemin nodded and smiled, “Sorry Hyung, I told you I’d be back though.”

“I know. Where did you go?”

Taemin looked over at me and then quickly looked away.

Strange… that’s new.

“I went to meet up with… Kai.” He said quickly as if trying to cover something up.

“He wanted some help with his moves and so I helped him out a bit and the we went out for coffee.”

“Ah, you and that Kai. He seriously looks like you. Are you sure you aren’t brothers?” Onew asked.

Taemin just laughed a little and came further into the house.

“Who is Kai?” I asked curiously.

Jonghyun looked at me, “He’s from the new rookie group SM revealed last month, EXO-K.”

“EXO-K?”

“EXO is the band name itself but the K is for the Korean version. There are two different bands, one sings in Korean and the other sings in Chinese, EXO-M, for Mandarin. They’re really cool. Kai looks like Taemin though and they both are the dance-a-holics of the groups.”

“Ah.” Was all I could say.

A Taemin look-a-like. Interesting…

 

Taemin and I didn’t really talk for the next couple of hours. Actually, it’s been like that ever since I ran into… him, the last time, when Taemin and I ran.

 

I kept thinking about what Taemin had said though… how he said he would wait for me to tell him.

Maybe… I could trust him… maybe I could tell him about earlier…

He was so nice about it, even though I’ve been such an to him. He still cared.

 

After dinner I decided to take a shower.

When I was alone I undressed and looked at my reflection.

I was starting to show a lot more curves and my old scars and bruises were fading quicker than I expected. The ones I had just got were still very visible, but they weren’t as bad as they could’ve been.

I was able to say I was happy about the way I looked. And it was all thanks to him… Taemin.

If he hadn’t saved me…

Maybe this was meant to be. Maybe I was supposed to be happy now.

I’m honestly scared… I don’t want anything to happen to SHINee. I don’t want anything to happen to Taemin… maybe… it would be better if I did go back… at least they would be safe… right?

I wanted to tell Taemin so badly. I wanted him to hug me and say it was ok. I was terrified… after being here I never wanted to go back. I never wanted to see that man’s face again.

I at least have to tell Taemin some things… I did want to open up to him… maybe if I let out some of the past then I would be able to take in more of the future when I went back to that hell hole.

 

When I had turned the water off, I had made my decision. I was going to tell Taemin everything… everything about my past.

Then at least I’ll be able to get it off my chest...

I think I was wrong about Taemin…

I thought as I got dressed in my sweat pants and T-Shirt.

I opened the door and stepped out.

Taemin’s stronger than I thought…

I could tell my eyes were getting watery as I got closer to the living room. I was going to walk in there and ask to talk to Taemin…

But something caught my attention.

Key’s voice.

I stopped in the hallway and listened.

“Taemin, school starts again soon right?”

School…

“Neh, Hyung. In about a week.” Taemin replied.

Why am I eavesdropping?

“How does everyone treat you at school? I keep forgetting to ask. Are they good to you?”

No. they aren’t Taemin goes through hell… but… I thought his Hyungs already knew that...

“Neh Hyung. Everyone treats me well. I have lots of friends, and the teachers are nice too. Unfortunately I’m not able to hang out with my friends because of the schedules but they understand.”

 

I couldn’t believe it. I was shocked. Was he really just lying to them?

Why? He could easily open up and lean on his Hyungs but instead… he lies to them…?

I didn’t know why I was so worked up about this. it really confused me.

There Taemin was, trying to get me to open up and share my pain with him… when he can’t even do it.

I couldn’t hold back my tears.

I was angry.

I couldn’t control myself at all.

“Yah!” I yelled, stepping into view.

All of their eyes were on me now.

Taemin looked scared.

“Why are you lying?”

“Huh?” Key asked, looking back at Taemin and then to me.

‘Mi Young…”

I scoffed, “Yah, I can’t believe you.”

“What are you…” Jonghyun started.

“Why don’t you tell them how it really is? How the kids insult you, saying things like ‘you don’t deserve to be famous’ and ‘you aren’t good enough’ or how they push you around in the halls. Or how that one idiot shoves you against that wall every morning just to spit in your face. And how none of the teachers help you or defend you. Tell them how they ignore you and even join in when you return homework late. Tell them about the girls who follow you around school forcing you to hold their hand. Or how everyone throws erasers and small rocks at your head when you walk by! Why don’t you tell them what actually happens, Taemin!”

I didn’t even know why I was so angry. I just let it all out though.

His Hyungs all had wide eyes and Taemin was looking down at his feet.

“T-Taemin… is that…true…?” Onew asked.

Taemin remained quiet.

“Yah, why didn’t you tell us?” Key asked, sounding like he was about to cry.

“I hate you… you’re weak… you’re a selfish, weak, liar and I hate you! I can’t stand you! I can’t believe I ever trusted you Lee Taemin!”

More tears streamed down my cheeks as I ran for the door, not even caring about a jacket or shoes.

I ran out into the rain and just kept running.

I didn’t care anymore.

Maybe I should just go back to that place… I can’t go back to the dorm now… and I don’t want to....

I ended up walking aimlessly around. It was raining but I didn’t care.

My feet were starting to get numb and my clothes were sticking to my skin.

 

I looked around and found myself at our school.

For some reason the gates never seemed to be locked at night or during the day so I decided to go in since it was the only place I could think of.

Without much thought I headed to the back staircase that led up to the roof.

It was never really used since there was one inside, but seeing as how the school would probably be locked it was the only way up.

 

I walked to the edge and leaned against the railing looking over, tears still falling from my eyes.

I let out soft sobs and stood there thinking about everything.

He lied. He was trying to get me to do what I never wanted to do even though he won’t do it himself.

I can’t believe I almost fell for it too. How could I let such a weak person mess with my head so much?

I am much stronger than he is. I have always been strong. I’ve always been stronger than him.

I remember when death seemed like such good idea… why does it make me want to puke now? Why does the idea that once felt so great, felt like the ultimate challenge of strength, seem so disgusting to me now?

Why can’t I just jump off this roof and end it all…?

Why?

 

 

Author's note: real quick, we're pretending EXO debuted way before the actually did just cuz I can't think of something else~~~ there is no specific time when this is from because I am a bad author~~

 

 

Hiii~~ so tell me how you're likeing it so far please~ I would love to hear comment! And if it now make sense just ask me~ I was having a bit of trouble finding the right words...

 

Mi Youngs personality is starting to change no? She seems... nicer no? XD idk~ Hope you enjoyed. 

Please comment!

Ok, anyways~~ Should I keep posting more?