Chapter 3

I Hate Weak People!

 

Mi Young’s POV

 

My eyes fluttered open slowly and I looked around.

Where…am I?

Looks like…someone’s room? It isn’t mine though… so… whose is it…?

 

“Taemin! Come eat breakfast!” I heard someone called from outside the room.

Wait… Taemin…? Why does that sound familiar? Wait a minute… why am I not…dead…? Didn’t I…

Memories flooded through my head.

Flashback:

I’m ready. I can do this. No one will miss you. You’re a waste of space.

I took a deep breath and then took a step onto the street. Bright lights were aimed at me and I saw a truck heading straight for me. it almost seemed like it was actually trying to kill me. like it had a hatred for me and was now taking it out.

Tears blurred my view as I braced myself for the hit.

However, I didn’t come.

Instead I felt something-someone- pull me back to safety.

I was sobbing by then as I fell on top of someone.

“Why…? Why…?!”

Why did I die? Why didn’t they let me die?

 

 

End of flashback.

 

I was so ready to die. Why did they have to do that?

 

“Ok Umma! Hold on let me check on Mi Young!” I heard a slightly familiar voice reply.

I couldn’t think fast enough before the door to whoever’s room this one opened, revealing that kid.

His eyes grew large and he rushed to the bed.

“You’re awake!” he sounded happy and relieved and I wondered why.  

I nodded slightly.

“I’m so happy! I’ve been so worried. You’ve been sleeping for two days now, ever since that night.”

He watched me with worried eyes.

“T-two days?” I mumbled to myself.

“You must be hungry. Come on. Key Umma made breakfast.”

He grabbed my hand and tried to help me out of the bed. I couldn’t think straight and so I just let him lead me.

I felt the eyes of four guys on me when we made it to the kitchen.

Taemin led me to a chair and told me to sit while he got me food.

He returned with two plates with eggs and French toast on them.

He set one down in front of me.

“You haven’t eaten anything since you’ve been sleeping so eat up. You need strength.”

All I could do was nod. I haven’t had food in a while. Well, good food. All I’ve had is the crap my dad leaves behind for me.

Four guys sat at the table with their own food and to be honest, I felt awkward as hell.

“Hi, my name is Lee Jinki, you can call me Onew. I’m the leader of SHINee.” the dorky one said.

SHINee? What’s that?

“I’m Choi Minho.” The tallest one said. His voice was deep and he honestly looked like a frog.

Next was the dino-looking one, “I’m Kim Jonghyun.”

And then the feline-looking one. I swear, he looked like a cat or something. Not in a bad way, but still.

“I’m Kim Kibum. And you are?”

I put down the fork I had picked up, “I-I’m Mi Young...”

“So, you’re one of Taemin’s friends?” Onew asked.

Taemin? Oh…

I shot Taemin a questioning glare and he just looked back innocently. But his eyes were pleading me to say yes.

“U-umm… yeah…”

“Guys, leave her alone. Let her eat first. She hasn’t been able to take a bit yet and she’s the one who hasn’t eaten in a while.”

He shot me a smile and I picked up the fork again.

After I took just one bit I was in heaven.

Maybe I did die?

I took another bite and another.

“I take it you like my cooking…?” I heard Key ask. I nodded quickly and went for another bite but then once again I was flooded with memories. Soon I was in tears and I was hiding my face.

I haven’t had food like this since… Mom...

Mom. Why did you leave?

I felt a hand on my back and I looked up and saw Taemin smiling down at me.

“Are you ok?” Jonghyun asked.

“Umma… I…I can’t…”

“Can’t what…?” Minho asked.

This was all his fault. I could be with mom right now. I could be happy right now… he ruined it all by saving me…!

“Mi Young…?” Taemin said, worriedly.

“I… I hate you…” I mumbled.

“I Hate You Taemin! Why did you have to pull me away?! I could be happy right now! This is all your fault! You don’t even know me! Why couldn’t you just let me die?! Why are you like this?!” I lost it. I stood up but I felt my body crumble. I couldn’t take it. my vision blurred again and then I was surrounded by darkness.

 

Taemin’s POV

“Ok, so…now, can you tell us the truth…?” Minho asked after Jonghyun picked Mi Young up and put her back on the bed.

I sat nervously with my eyes fixed on my hands. I felt their stares.

“O-ok… she does go to my school…but we aren’t friends… I said that because it would be easier to explain why I knew her. I’m sorry.”

I heard Onew sigh.

“Ok, what about the night you found her…?”

I took a deep breath.

“I… I was walking through the park but… I saw her stepping out into traffic. I didn’t recognize her at that time…and I didn’t think. I just sorta…ran to her and pulled her back so she would get hit… and then she passed out… that’s the truth. I didn’t tell you guys because… well it wasn’t my business and I didn’t feel right telling you something I knew nothing about.”

I heard them all let out a sigh.

“Ok… I understand.” Jinki said.

“But now what will we do with her…?” Jonghyun asked.

“Well… in my opinion… I think we can only do one thing.” Key said.

I was afraid. I didn’t feel like sending her back home would solve her issues. And I defiantly didn’t think she would like the idea of having the cops involved.

“We’ll let her rest here and we’ll just hop next time she wakes up that she’ll eat… seeing how skinny she was when you brought her here I have a feeling she hasn’t eaten a lot at home. And also, on top of that there are the bruises and scars.”

I couldn’t believe what Key was saying. I thought he would try to send her away.

I looked up at him and he gave a faint smile.

“There really isn’t another choice. So let’s do it.” Minho said.

“Ok, but Taemin is going to have to improve his relationship with her. She did say she hates you.” Jonghyun reminded me.

“I can do it. I will work hard. I promise.”

I felt Onew ruffle my hair and that was it. The decision was made. My Young would stay. Hopefully she'll like this.