Chapter 11

I Hate Weak People!

 

There were so many bags it wasn’t funny. Not only my things but all the new stuff Key and the others bought for themselves too.

I couldn’t help but feel grateful after what Jonghyun had told me. Even if it wasn’t true, I still felt happy about it.

 Minho, Taemin and Onew and I were waiting for Key and Jonghyun who had foundout about a new store and went quickly before we all left.

We were all standing around until my eyes caught sight of a music store not far from us.

I wanted to go… but at the same time I couldn’t ask for them to carry all the stuff. I felt bad enough as it was.

 

 

Taemin’s POV

She was seriously beautiful in all the cloths Key picked out for her. Every time I had to walk away just to keep from exploding. And on top of it all, she seemed happy.

At the end of the day, Minho, Mi Young and Onew and I were waiting for the famous JongKey pair to come back from some new store they both seemed interested in. I saw Mi Young eyeing a music store close to us and I could tell she wanted to go but she wasn’t saying anything so I spoke for her.

“Minho, could you watch the stuff? I want to go look at that music store.”

Minho nodded and slid back against the wall.

I looked at Mi Young, “You want to come along?”

She bit down on her lip nervously but nodded.

She followed me as we headed to the store.

We both stopped when we got to the more kpop style CDs.

Of course, I saw our section and smiled to myself.

It feels so nice to walk in to a music store and see my own section amongst the thousands of CDs in the store.

I saw a group of girls approach the SHINee section and I smiled to myself.

By the reactions they were having over each CD I was happy they didn’t know I was a few feet from them.

Mi Young was aimlessly wondering around the sections.

I noticed her stop in front of the BoA section and smiled.

She looked excited as she pulled out each CD and read the back.

 

I walked up behind her, “You like BoA?”

She jumped slightly but then nodded.

“Neh… she’s really amazing. I haven’t heard all of her songs though… just her older ones. She is a role model for me I guess you could say…” She let out a chuckle, holding the album in her hand as if it was her very life.

“To be honest, I used to dream about being like her. I wanted to become an amazing dancer and singer like her.”

She sounded like a child when she was talking. I could tell there was a part of her that still wanted to do this stuff but for some reason she doubted herself now.               

 “Do you know what company she’s under?”

She looked at me, confused, and shook her head.

I smiled, “Do you want to know?”

She raised her eyebrow and shot me a get to your point look.

“She works for SM Entertainment.” I said proudly.

She still looked a little confused and so I took the BoA album she was holding and went over to the now vacant SHINee area and pulled out our first album.

I put the two labels of the CDs together and pointed at the SM Ent. Mark on the spin.

Her eyes widened and she looked at me in surprise.

“She’s my Noona. She’s really, really nice. Key’s worked with her for solo performances before so he knows her a little better, but we’re still pretty close.”

“That’s so cool… I’m jealous.” She admitted taking the two CDs and examining the SHINee one.

“Here, do you want this?” I asked, taking the BoA album from her hands.

“N-no… it’s ok. I’ve heard them all before. I was just looking at it.”

I nodded and told her I would put it back.

The moment I saw her putting the sample headphones on her ears and searching through the computer I went over to the cashier and bought the album.

The cashier gave me an odd look and then looked at Mi Young and it was obvious he had heard our conversation about buying it. he shook his head and quickly put it in a bag, understanding that I didn’t want her to know.

I thanked him and then saw Key and Jonghyun approach the others.

 

I hid the CD and went over to Mi Young.

 

When we got back I found one of my bags and put the CD in it, gaining an odd glance from Onew.

 

“Ok, let’s go home!” Key said and we followed him out of the mall and towards the exit of the parking lot.

It was getting slight dark and I had only then realized how much time we actually spent in that monster mall.

We decided to walk again since we really didn’t have a choice.

We were all making small talk and laughing our butts off until I saw Mi Young stop.

The others didn’t seem to notice but I did. I stopped and looked at her only to find her attention on something across the street.

I followed her eyes and saw a man standing on the other side of the road, staring at her with a hunger in his eyes.

He was about Onew’s height and was slightly plump with a little facial hair. I couldn’t really see anything else because of the distance between us. I assumed he was just some nasty , checking her out until I looked over at her. She had tears ready to pour out at any moment…and she looked scared… no… terrified.

This man was no ordinary . She knew him and he knew her.

I looked over at him and saw the hunger in his eyes was replaced by anger and I could tell her was going to cross the street.

I’m pretty sure the others had stopped walking by now and were somewhat aware of what was going on.

I wanted to do something… but what…? I needed to think…

Think Taemin! Fast! Think dammit!

I saw the light change to green and the man started to… run?…Sprint?

Whatever you call it, he was going to get to her quickly so I dropped my bags and grabbed Mi Young’s hand causing her to drop her bags.

She was trembling and I could feel her fear shooting through me.

I turned quickly and pulled her along with me.

“Hyungs, please take our stuff!” I yelled and ran at top speed, pulling Mi Young behind me.

She didn’t put up a fight but I could tell she was struggling to keep up.

“MI YOUNG!” I could hear him yell but I kept running, pulling her with me. I didn’t dare to look back until I knew we were far enough away.

I slowed my pace and turned around to look to see if I could see him and luckily I couldn’t. I walked a little further until we came to a park where I took her to sit down on one of the benches that was more in the dark just in case he still was chasing after us.

I looked at her and noticed she had tears streaming down her cheeks.

She let out violent sobs. She was terrified.

Without thinking I grabbed her and pulled her into my chest and wrapped my arms around her.

Her whole body was shaking and I expected her to put up a fight and push me away but instead she just buried her face in my chest and let it out.

All I could do was rub her back gently and whisper “Shh… it’s ok, you’re safe now.” And “Don’t worry, he’s gone… It’s ok.”

 After what felt like a good half an hour or more she finally lifted her head and pulled away slowly.

“I…I’m sorry…” she mumbled and rubbed her eyes.

“For what? you have nothing to be sorry for. If anything, it’s him who needs to apologize.”

She looked up and I could see a small, forced, smile form on her lips.

She still had tears that would fall every once in a while but she kept wiping them away.

“Thank you…” she said finally.

“Mi Young… this… this can’t go on…”

She didn’t have to make eye contact with me to understand what I’m saying.

She sighed, “This is how it’s been and it won’t change.”

“Yah, it could if you just did something… told someone. You can even tell me and I will report it… but please… you have to tell someone…you already know you can trust all of us in SHINee… I want you to trust us… I want you to trust me…”

I paused and waited for something. Anything. But I got nothing.

I hate seeing you so scared… I hate seeing those scars on your arms… I can’t stand it… I feel like I’m going crazy… I care about you so much… and I don’t think you care about yourself and it worries me…

Please… just trust me Mi Young… Please…

Mi Young’s POV

“Neh… Thank you Taemin… I do trust you… but this is just something I don’t know how to trust anyone with… during these weeks I’ve been with you guys I’ve felt happiness and I feel welcomed. I really don’t know how to ever repay any of you for these feelings… but this is something I need--- want—to handle by myself… at least for now… I’m sorry Taemin…”

I felt bad because I did kind of want to just let it out and tell him everything. I want him to hold me again and I wanted to be able to lean on him… but I couldn’t. I can’t.

Can I?

 

“Then I’ll wait. I’ll wait and let you think about it. I know you know you have me. and for right now… that’s enough… sure I wish you would just talk to me already…but when I think about it… I don’t know what you’ve been through. I don’t know how you think. And maybe… maybe you’re right. But still. I want to wait until you are able to tell me.”

I let out a gasp under my breath and felt a tear drop run down my face.

“Thank you…” I whispered so softly I don’t even think he heard.

“Let’s go back… they’re probably worrying.” He said and walked ahead of me, grabbing my hand in the process and pulling me along gently.

 

Why do I feel happy like this…? Why did it feel good in his arms… why does him holding my hand like this make my heart pound against my chest…? What is this feeling…? It can’t be… love… can it…?

No… I can’t be in love with a weakling like him…could I...? Then again... is he really even weak…?

I couldn’t stop my mind from forming thoughts in my head as we went back to the dorm, him walking in a steady, calm, pace, and me following quietly behind him.

He has helped me so much… at first I hated him…but now…I think… there is a different feeling far from hatred.

I couldn’t help admire the way his body swayed as he walked.

When did I start thinking like this…?

 

Finally when we got to the door he turned to me, “You probably don’t want to explain…right?”

I silently nodded feeling bad.

“Don’t worry then. I’ll handle it.”

I looked up at him and saw him smile.

“Don’t worry I wont mention anything. It’s going to be hard…”

“I’ll just tell them it was someone I don’t really…like?”

I guess that’s one way to put it.

“Yeah. And I’ll just say… umm… I could see how… you didn’t want to see this person…?”

We both shifted on our feet awkwardly.

 

We only looked up when we heard the door unlocking and Key’s voice saying “I’m going to look for them.”

We all kind of froze when he opened the door and saw us.

I gave Taemin a glance and then smiled at Key.

“Mi Young! Taemin! Thank god you’re both safe!” he pulled us both in and closed the door.

I looked at all their worried faces and started to feel horrible.

“I-I’m sorry… I...” I didn’t know what else to really say but Jonghyun grabbed me in a hug.

“Don’t’ worry. We won’t question ya. We were just worried.”

He let go and eyed Taemin.

“I’m glad you’re both safe.” Onew said.

I nodded and smiled.

They really were worried.

“Sorry…again.” I mumbled.

“It’s fine. Don’t scare us like that again though.” Key warned.

 

“I think I’m going to shower real quick…” I said and bowed slightly as I headed to the bathroom.

“Oh, wait! You need your stuff.” Key yelled after me and handed me a bag with my new night stuff…and other stuff a girl needs…

I took it and thanked him and then went into the bathroom quickly.

 

 

Taemin’s POV

I sighed heavily and tried to avoid my Hyungs gazes.

“Taemin… that man…”

“Hyung... I don’t know who he is and even if I did I wouldn’t say anything because obviously it isn’t something she wants to talk about.”

They finally backed off and I was happy.

I suddenly remembered something.

“Key Hyung, where did you put my bags?”

He pointed in the direction where my new bed was and went back to making the chicken. I walked over to the bags laying next to it.

I quickly looked through both and found the CD and smiled to myself.

 

Onew eyed me and the CD and sent me a questionable look.

“Taemin-ah… why did you buy BoA’s CD? And isn’t that an older one?”

I looked up and smiled.

“I… don’t know. I felt like buying it. I’ll be right back.” I said getting up and grabbing my cell.

 

I walked out onto the patio in front of our dorm and looked through my contact lists.

When I found the name I quickly pressed the call button and waited patiently.

I hope she isn’t busy…

 

After a couple rings I finally heard her voice.

“Yobaseyo? Taemin-ah?”

“Noona?”

“Ah, so it is you Taemin. Ahaha, you haven’t ever called me since we exchanged numbers so I wasn’t sure.”

“Ah, sorry Noona, I’ve been busy.”

“No worries. We all have been. So what is it?”

“Oh, umm… I have a small favor to ask of you.”

 

 

 

 

 

Ok so I'm sorry if i spelt the Korean wrong. I'm so tired right now and I can't think straight. 

I'm not even going to look for gifs to express my emotions...

however. i will mention something.

OMFG Key. singing Hair and Judas by Gaga...so ing hot. so god damn hot and thrilling. I ing love him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oatPnfHEMcc&list=FL60g47DEetlBDE8HNoqIPig&index=3&feature=plpp_video

 

Ok~ I'm out~ Bye bye~