this too shall pass

i just can't get enough

I got out of the car just in time rain drops fell in my head. I waved goodbye to Youngbae as I entered my place. 

I didn't want to ruin my mood so I thought of having a movie marathon. I searched for movies to watch as I sat on my couch in the living room. I didn't want to worry about the 'brotherly' talk of Youngbae and Seungri. It didn't matter what movie was playing cos my phone started ringing, I got up and ran towards the kitchen counter where I placed my bag. Its him, Seungri. Should I answer this call? or not? I was torned.

Me: Wae?

Seungri: Hey, sorry awhile ago. I just. I just can't look you in the eye. Sorry for being a coward.

M: I thought so, everything alright? I'm sorry too. I was caught in between the two of you.

S: Is Youngbae hyung with you? you know, I was scared of calling you again...

(oh, this poor maknae, all of a sudden hid under the shadows of his childish self.)

M: No, he left the moment he dropped my here. umm...sooo....

S: ummm, what? to be honest, i got a little tensed when Youngbae hyung talked to me. He really was serious with what he said. I thought of...

(then a sound of a car honked was heard at Seungri's line)

Seungri: hey, i gotta go, Youngbae hyung just arrived. i'll talk to you soon okay?

Me: oh, that was fast, okay then. bye.

CLICK.

I was dumbfounded. again. I found myself staring at my phone. what the heck?! I should not be the one worrying over this! Youngbae can handle this and assured me that everything will be fine.

YOUNGBAE's POV

Oh boy, that was fast. I wasn't aware of how fast I drove. Or was I just in a hurry and focused on Seungri now. There he is. That little maknae, such a crooked freak. No wonder he always wins the girl's hearts. But I won't let him win this time. Not with my girl. He has to learn his lesson. END OF POV.

SEUNGRI's POV

Uh-oh, here he comes. I'll be dead in less than an hour. Thought's of what Youngbae hyung could possibly say lingered in my head. I was having butterflies in my stomach (as what girls would define), I was restless. I walked to and fro the entire living room. then, CLICK. I stared at the door knob slowly opening. END OF POV.

Youngbae just entered the place, he then searched the place for Seungri only to find the poor maknae staring at him too. Here goes the conversation:

Youngbae: uh, (as he scratches his head) go, sit down dongsaeng..

Seungri: uh, yeah, sure (as he searches for what couch to sit in, he was confused)

Y: (he sits down on the couch nearest him, across where Seungri sat) so, what's up with you? do you really know where you just walked yourself into?! (he exlaimed)

S: (looks down) um, listen, sorry hyung, i'm really sorry, it was just that, i liked her too. (then scratches his head)

Y: I know that, i'm not dumb, I felt that already before, it was good that she admitted that the night she caught me drunk and wasted at her place. (still speaking in his serious hyung voice)

S: ya?! aigoo, i'm sorry about that hyung, i really am. I just thought that I can take your place, for the meantime perhaps, i can't afford seeing her so sad in those times you weren't there and she needed you most. i...i'm really sorry.

Y: You need not explain more (his voice was calm this time), I'm very much aware of my shortcomings. But what hurt me more was you, of all people, why me? I thought I was your hyung? all this time, i supported you, i cared for you, then this, this is how your gonna treat me in return? You should know better than this Seungri! (tears start to form in his eyes and looks down) There's a whole lot of pretty, amazing girls out there but why me? us? my girl?

S: I, i... i never meant to hurt you, i can't see her hurting too hyung, i didn't know but the moment you introduced her to us, it... it was just...(he got surprised as Youngbae cut him off)

Y: I know! (he wipes his tear as he placed both hands in his head) you could've told me that! the moment you saw her in that state, I was the one you should run to and not her! It seems to me that you want something more from her eh?! (he looked at Seungri)

S: Hey! that's below the belt now! I took her out but nothing of what you thought happened. (Seungri cried out)

Y: You better be right on this or else, God knows what I can do to you. (Youngbae then firmly grips his arms, showing it to Seungri)

S: I swear hyung...*sighs.... honestly, i'm so embarassed I don't know how to face the other hyungs once they know this.

Y: no, they wouldn't know this, it'll be our little secret. In fact, i want to thank you partly (his voice shifted to a calming tone this time), for taking care of her, for filling in for me. (he then musters the courage to look Seungri in the eye)

S: look hyung, i want to make it up to you,

Y: ne, let me clarify things first, you still like her?

S: (scratches his head) umm, if I say I still do, what will you do to me?

Y: I'll strangle you to death! (he then smiles and rushes over to Seungri and arm wrestles him)

S: hahaha! I got you there! (as he stood up and pulled away from Youngbae's arms) no, seriously, I like her, though now I'm much more aware of my actions, and the fact that you threatened me is enought for me to just steal glances at her from time to time, is that okay with you now? (he side glances at Youngbae)

Y: hmmm, (as he puts his thumb under his chin) well, I guess that's fair enough, for now, but you have to know, my eyes are fixed on you from now on. You better not mess it up this time, or else....

S: ohhhhh!!! kansahamnida hyunggg!!! (Seungri then jumps behind Youngbae's back for a piggy ride) I'm really really sorry....

Y: enough of being sorry! what's important is this friendship and respect we have for each other. (then he holds Seungri's arm from behind and tickles him till he drops to the floor)

S: (stands up from where he fell and puts an arm around Youngbae) Seriously, i wasn't expecting you to forgive me. Now I know that you really are a great person inside and out, thanks hyung... 

Y: ah, your such an emotional maknae, you see, there are plenty of fish in the ocean. someday you too, will find that one girl of your dreams, you just have to be still and wait for your turn. (Youngbae then winked at him and ruffled his hair)

END OF CONVERSATION

"Well, where are the others?!" Youngbae asked as he went out of his room all dressed up, "it's almost 7". Seungri on the other hand walks from the kitchen, with a glass of water in his hand, "Dae, just replied, they said they'll be meeting us there." "Oh, okay then, shall I leave you here? just so you know, i'm gonna pick up (your name) at her place." Youngbae said. "Uh, yeah, sure, go ahead, I'll meet you guys there." Seungri exclaimed. "Bye Seungri! see you, oh, and don't forget to bring your most happy self later okay?!" Youngbae reminded him and went out.

*such a light chapter wasn't it? haha! I loveeee the characters sentiments with one another.

will update tomorrow! thanks for reading! :)