05

Baby U

EunBi's POV

I was speechless. 

"So you want Jinyoung?" I asked in disbelief.

"Didn't I just say that?" she retorted.

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked, ignoring her remark. 

"You and Jinyoung are close. I want to be noticed by him, since he just came back from Korea, I've prepared myself for this day. So, I can't let you get in the way of my plans." she said, giving me a ridiculous glare. 

I stared at her. What's going on right now? 

Wait. This is actually good. Maybe I could hook her up with Jinyoung and then I don't have to do that stupid fake relationship with L.Joe. :D

"Ok, so you think I have this thing with Jinyoung?" I asked.

"What's with you asking things I just said?" 

"I'm clearing some things up. I'm really surprised by the things you just said." 

I was on the verge of laughter and I tried really hard to contain it. It's so funny how she wants Jinyoung. If only she knew how he was. But then again, I could get rid of Jinyoung once and for all.

"Let me get this straight ok?" I said. "Me and Jinyoung don't have anything going on. He's the one trying to get me and I'm not interested in any way. So, if you want him, then go for him, I'm not gonna ruin your 'plans'"

"Good to hear that you'll cooperate. You have no choice anyway. If you don't, then I'll force you to." she explained. 

She gave me a glare before returning to her seat. What's her problem? Does she actually think I'm a threat to her? 

So stupid. Fine, I don't care. Take him away from me, please! It'd make my life easier.

I smiled. Heh. This girl doesn't know what she's getting into. 

Thinking back, what am I getting into? Ever since I met L.Joe, all these events started happening? What is he? My curse? 

~~

Aiiishhhh! I'm still stuck in this classroom for another 45 minutes. It was really silent in the room. Except for the noise coming out of that stupid electronic device that kid's got in his hands.

I started fidgeting with my phone. SHOOT! I forgot to call HaeNa and inform her that I'd be late. She always waits for me with Joon at the gate. Oh well, she probably left anyway.

*AYOO WADDUP KREEA--*

"Hello?" I answered before anyone could hear my ringtone. ^^

"EunBi, where are you? Your appa and I have been waiting for you to get home and you're still not here!" the voice said.

I didn't know what to say to omma. I don't wanna tell her that I'm in detention since she'll just ground me. 

"I'm working on my project at school. I'll be home in about 40 minutes." I answered.

"Oh, is that so? You've already found a partner for your project? I'm proud you started early." omma said.

"Uhh, yea of course!" I replied. 

"Well, how is your partner? I hope this person isn't going to take advantage of you." omma said worriedly. 

"No, no. She's great and she's really cooperative." I lied. 

While talking to her, I was thinking of who to say as my partner. I definitely cannot, NEVER, say L.Joe. He's done a lot for me already and I don't wanna burden him. Aisssh, look at me now, being all caring. 

Anyway, the main reason is that omma will start to lecture me on how I need to focus on my studies first and then after a little lecturing, she'll start the teasing. Then... TELL APPA! 

No, NEVER WILL I TELL OMMA IT'S L.JOE! 

I continued to listen to her constant nagging and how I need someone to walk with when I get home, and to also not overwork myself. 

I scanned the room to see if anyone would work as my partner. Gotcha!

"What's her name, by the way?" omma suddenly asked. 

"Her name? Uhh, Park Jiyoung. Yea, Park Jiyoung." I answered. 

"Park Jiyoung? Who's she? Is this girl new? Is she nice to you? You better not be doing all the work!" omma asked all at once. 

I hate this about her. She keeps nagging me and keeps telling me how I shouldn't overwork myself. 

"She's new in school and stuff so I decided to make her feel welcome by picking her as my partner." I said, not even hesitating.

"I see. Well, work hard!" omma exclaimed. 

"Of course I will omma! Don't I always?"

"Aigoo, not as hard as your sister. You can be like her eoh?" omma reminded

"Neh, of course I can." I said.

I changed my expression. I see. Always pulling that sister card. She never sees my real talent. I am smart! She just never sees it. She just thinks that I've inherited my skills from unnie. But, there's a lot of things that I can do that  unnie can't. 

"Eoh, bye omma." I said quietly.

Ahh, gotta shake it off. It's okay. We'll get through this Kang EunBi. :D

*huuuu* I guess I need to make Park Jiyoung my partner now. Does this girl even have good grades in Science? Plus, I haven't even started my project yet. 

I have to tell her either way. I can't lie to omma, so I have to make this lie true. 

I slowly walked up to her. I stopped in front of the desk and tapped her shoulder.

"Jiyoung-ssi, can you be my partner for the Science Fair Project?" I asked not making eye contact.

This time, it was her turn to just stare at me. 

"What?" she asked.

"You heard me." I said. "I need to do a project and I need a partner. I kinda told my mom that you were my partner.. sooooo..." 

Jiyoung sighed then stood up. 

"Why would i do that?" Jiyoung said in the iest tone you could ever imagine. 

Oh gosh, I want to slap this girl right now. 

"I know you need extra credits anyway, and you could also ask me about Jinyoung.." I explained calmly.. "So, I guess it's a win-win situation."

Tcch. Why? Jealous that Jinyoung sees something in me, and not you? Heh! :P 

Heh, this girl. Let's see you work on this project. You think I'll do all the work? Tsk tsk. If you're partnered with me, I'll make you do the work. I don't care who you are to me. We're partners, meaning we have to work together. 

Prepare yourself Park Jiyoung, for your worst nightmare is about to come true.