01

Baby U

Your P.O.V.


*ughhh* Why do I always have to end my days with studying? I hate this life that was chosen for me. Ever since my sister wanted to follow her dreams, my parents were with her every step. 

Apparently I'm supposed to follow in her footsteps. But I'm not anything like her. My dream was to become a dancer. I always entered those dance competitions shown on T.V. Unfortunately, I always get eliminated in the first rounds of the finals. I wish I could go again, but that dream is long gone. 

HyeJung is already aspiring her dream to be a doctor. She recently got a job overseas, in U.S.A.

Now that she got a job, my parents will for sure give me more pressure to ace all those upcoming tests. AHHHH!! Why can't I just be born in another family? 

 

~~

                      
YES!! I laid down my bed letting out a reliefed sigh. I finally completed that stupid science project. If I wasn't naturally smart, I wouldn't even know how to impress them with my grades.

The only downside to being smart is that so many people would try to be your partner. Good thing that I'm known as a cold person in school, so not a lot of people even dare to talk to me. But still, I'm well known in school. Cold but Smart is what they call me. 

I hate people who take advantage of someone just because that person has the skills that they don't have. :P 

BRIIIIIING!! BRIIIING!! It was my phone.

"Hello?" I said 

"EunBi!" the person exclaimed. "You better be doing good there, you hear me?" Great. It was HyeJung unnie. 

Even though my parents compare me and tell me to be like HyeJung unnie, I still like her. I'm not totally heartless. Just to those people who piss me off, those who are fake, and if they take advantage of me. 

"EOH! Hey unnie." I said, almost sounding monotonous. 

"EunBi-ah. Don't you miss me?" HyeJung asked. "Never mind that question. I was gonna ask you a question. Do you have a boyfriend yet?" 

"WHAT?! What are you asking? Where the frick will I find the time to even date someone in this situation I'm in right now?!" I screamed. 

Seriously. I don't have time to play with your games unnie. I have no time to even think about guys right now. Well, if I'm even allowed anyways.

What am I talking about, you say? Huh. I forgot to say that I'm not allowed to date. 

That's right. My parents think it would be a waste of time to date at this age, where I'm almost at the top of my academics. 

"Calm down. No need to shout now. Hey! Isn't it night there already! Be quiet!" HyeJung nagged. "I was just wondering since, you're already at that age. I got JaeHwa when I was 17." Unnie explained. 

"What's wrong with you unnie? Didn't you even remember when omma and appa told me to not ever date until I'm finished with my studies?" I explained.

"I don't care. Shouldn't you be the one to not care since you're the rebel?Whatever. When the time comes, it'll come. Good night EunBi." HyeJung said. And with that, the conversation ended.

"Aishh! What the frick was that for?! Calling me at this hour!!" I exclaimed. 

What was the whole point of that conversation? 

Ah, whatever, I'll just sleep on it. 

THE NEXT DAY



Finally! A Sunday. I can do whatever I want. 

DING! Oooh. I just got a new text message. 


Eun-Eun! Go to the mall at 12:30. I want you to meet someone!! xD Lots of love... 

-Hae Na

I rolled my eyes after seeing the message. I hate it when people call me Eun-Eun. What's up with the double name? Who are you? Jacob Two Two? 

I only allow HaeNa to call me that since she's my best friend. Well, sometimes. We met through JaeHwa oppa. My sister introduced me to JaeHwa oppa when they were dating for 3 months, so JaeHwa oppa also took that opportunity to introduce his sister, HaeNa, to me and HyeJung unnie.

At first, she was very clingy because JaeHwa oppa said that HaeNa doesn't usually make a lot of friends. I didn't really mind. I don't want to talk a lot, so I just let her do all the talking. 

I checked the time. 11:45. Great. I slept in too much. Thanks a lot sis. 

"EUNBI!! Come downstairs." my parents exclaimed. 

Great, what do they want now? I ran downstairs, since I only have a few minutes to prepare. 

"What do you want? I'm leaving in a few minutes? Why,do you want me to work on some math problems before I go?" I remarked.

"Kang EunBi! Don't speak to your parents like that! Is that how you repay the people who gave you life?" omma shouted.

"I used to have a life, but then you ruined it." I snidely replied.

"I want you to stop all this drama and listen to me. Now, there's this Science Fair taking place in your school. I want you to enter that and win, or at least be in the top 3, you hear me?" omma explained. 

I just nodded my head and went to my room. Like I care. I'd just do that project in a matter of 24 hours. So for now, I got lots of free time.

"Wait!" appa said. "That means you have to work on it now! So you can't go out today." 

"Excuse me! I also have a life that I'm trying to rebuild." I replied. 

With that, I headed upstairs to think of a plan to sneak out of the house.

"Ok, I got it. Just meet me at the food court ok?" I explained to HaeNa.

"But the person that you're meeting is really hot and-" I cut her off.

"Didn't I tell you, just go to the food court! I have no time to explain got it? Just trust me on this HaeNa." I said getting impatient. 

"Sorry. I guess I'll stall for you. This person is so impatient, just like you Eun-E-" I hung up on her. No time. 

So, once my parents get out for their grocery shopping, all I have to do is simply sneak out. 

"EunBi! We're heading out!" appa reminded. 

"Whatever!" I replied. 

Hehehe! Act cool EunBi. :D 

Once I heard the door slam, I slowly went out of my room. Wait! Isn't this too easy? I went up to my room again, and thought of a brilliant idea.

I started tying my blankets and sheets together to make my escape route. 

That's right! Out the window. The good ol' sneaking-out-by-using-the-window trick. 

I'm almost there! Don't get too excited EunBi! Careful.. careful.. And... 

BUMP! Yup. I fell on ma . Sheesh! That hurts! 

*ughh* no time to think about it now! Gotta go! I took the train to go there and took me about 30 minutes to arrive at my destination. 

I checked my phone: 12:40. Terrific! 10 minutes late. Pfft. Like I care. Nope. Not even a single f*** did I care about those 10 minutes, 600 seconds, 1/6 of an hour. 

I walked casually to the food court and saw HaeNa with 2 guys beside her. Hm. Ugly. 

Sorry. I'm very straightforward. Once I don't like what I'm seeing, I just say it out loud. Bad habit.

"Eun-Eun!" HaeNa remarked. I glared at her. That gave her a hint that she should shut up. 

I hate it,especially, when people introduce you. I think I can do it myself. That's why we all have mouths and hands. I can talk fine. You can introduce me when you see me without lips and my hands are cut off. 

"Hi. My name's Kang EunBi. Nice to meet you all." I said sounding dissatisfied. 

"Hi! My name's Lee Byunghun, but you can call me L.Joe." The one with the orang-ish hair said. 

Wtf? L.Joe? It sounds so stupid. For a second, I thought he said L.Hoe. If you just introduced yourself, just say the name that you go by. I don't need to know the other details. 

I tried to smile to look polite, but all I got was a smirk from that stupid guy.
Did i mention he was stupid? 

"Hi, my name is Lee Joon. Pleased to meet you EunBi-ssi. I am HaeNa's boyfriend" the other guy said.

"Nice to meet you." I replied. I already knew that HaeNa was sneaking behind my back. Nice try HaeNa, but your excuses don't work on me. 

Gosh. I don't even know why I have to meet up with this L.Joe guy. It's not like I'm going on a date. If I am, I have to escape. 

That's when I realized what was going on. Lim HaeNa had set me up on a blind date.

I think that what my parents say is true. I should focus on my studies first, before doing all this relationship crap. I don't see the need of a relationship when you're still studying. I just can't be distracted. 

HaeNa pulled me aside, while the two boys started talking. 

"So... Isn't L.Joe hot?" HaeNa asked.

"If hot means funny-looking then, yes, he's really hot!" I mocked. "And plus, L.Joe? Really? More like L.HOE." 

"Are you serious unnie? You don't even seem the least bit attracted to him?" HaeNa reassured.

"Nope." I replied.

I am telling the truth. I just don't see us doing all that couple stuff together. Wait. What am I saying? Of course not. I just met him. Why am I saying this? Ugh.

"Wouldn't it be nice if you and L.Joe became friends though? That would be so cool." HaeNa said in awe.

"Why?" I asked

"Because, you and L.Joe are exactly the same! I don't believe in that opposites attract stuff. Both of you are rebels, cold to people, and just don't give a f*** on anything." HaeNa explained.

"Pshh. So what? Like I would make friends with some guy I just met in a food court." I talked back.

"Just sit down and talk." HaeNa said beaming.

"Fine. By the way, congrats on the boyfriend. He better treat you right" I said. HaeNa smiled and we walked back to our seats.

I do care for HaeNa, it's just that I have a weird way of showing it. I don't have a lot of experience with being all caring and loving to people. 

I dont know. It's just that whenever I see something wrong with HaeNa, I'm always worried. I've always wanted someone to protect her. Heh. Like I would ever say that to her. She'd be all giddy and use that against me. 

"Uh, HaeNa, I'm gonna order first. Later." I said.

I just wanted to escape the awkwardness. Nope, I'm not running away. I just saw KFC here. I'm not running away from chicken. 


HaeNa's P.O.V.

Unnie told me that she had to go order. Knowing her, she'll probably go to KFC.

That girl loves chicken. XD

It was kind of awkward for L.Joe-ssi to come, since me and Joon oppa were just talking the whole time EunBi unnie was gone.

I felt bad for L.Joe, so I had to make some conversation started.

"L.Joe-ssi, what do you think of EunBi unnie?" I asked.

"She's annoying." He said without even hesitating. "I don't bother with anmoying girls and girls who think they are too cool." 

I'm actually both doing them a favor. They are so occupied with work, that they don't have time for themselves. Unnie, you should be thankful that you have a best friend that cares for you.

"L.Joe-ssi, please just give this a chance to start a new friendship. I heard from Joon oppa that you rarely make any friends. Take this time to make a girl friend." I explained.

He raised an eyebrow when I said girl friend. I meant in a friendship way. Not in that kind of way.

"I meant in a friend way. Don't take it the wrong way." I said.

He just nodded as if he understood.

Why is it so hard to hook girls up with this guy?

L.Joe's P.O.V.

"Uh, HaeNa, I'm gonna order first. Later." EunBi exclaimed

That girl is actually cute. But! I'm not gonna admit that to anyone. Joon just dragged me here, since his girlfriend told him to bring me. 

HaeNa kept striking a conversation with me. Can you please shut up? I hate girls who talk too much. But if Joon's happy, I guess I can't judge. 

Dating is so stupid. I just think it's stupid because no girl really approaches me. It was kind of a surprise to hear HaeNa call me hot. 

Yup. I heard them. I'm not deaf. It's not like I'm old.

But to hear EunBi say I was funny-looking pulled me back to reality. How can I ever have a decent girlfriend? I'm so plain. Skinny. No abs. Nothing. That's why Joon's always got the girls. I'm always the sidekick.

Psh. What do I care anyways.

As I was about to stand up from the conversation me and HaeNa just finished, I saw EunBi heading towards us. 

What the heck?! What did she order?? 

Your P.O.V.

Ahhh! Chicken gooooood! :DDDD

I ordered the bucket that contained 25 pieces. YUM! I've never been this happy since my first birthday! 

"What is that?!" L.Joe screamed. 

I looked down at my chicken, then back at him, then back at the chicken. Why? Is something wrong? What do you care L.Hoe?

"What's what?" I replied sounding confused.

"uhh, look at your order! 25 PIECES?! What kind of person eats a whole bucket of chicken?" L.Joe asked in disbelief.

"I do. I'm the goddess of chickens. It's not like I'm gonna be fat. I have a high metabolism" I bragged

L.Joe looked at me with disgust. Uh, EW to you too. I don't care what you think of me. A person needs to eat, and this is my lunch. Don't judge. 

It's true! I don't really gain weight that much. Everytime I eat, it doesn't really affect my weight. The secret? Eating everything you want before 6 PM. xD

"YA! Unnie! Sit down. You've been glaring at L.Joe for a while now." HaeNa reminded me. 

I shook my head to wake me up from the daydreaming. I immediately sat down. 

L.Joe was the only one watching me eat the chicken one by one. Really? Why doesn't he jus order something? 

HaeNa and Joon didn't really mind at all, since they were all lovey-dovey. BLECH!

Suddenly L.Hoe, I mean L.Joe stood up. 

"I need to go now. There's no use to just watching you eat, and those two over there gawking at each other. I'm leaving" he remarked.

"Ok fine. Bye." I said, uninterested at what he just said. 

YES! I finally get to eat this chicken comfortably!!! 

HaeNa gave me a look meaning I had to not let him go. 

HEH. Nope. Sorry HaeNa, I can't do that. 

"L.joe-ssi, can't you at least walk unnie home? It's already 1:35." HaeNa said.

"what? What do you mean by already?" L.Joe questioned HaeNa. 

Actually, on Sundays, I have to be home by 2:00 pm. PM. 

Stupid parents. They say that the most dangerous time to be out on a Sunday is at 4:00, so I have to be home 2 hours before 4:00. 

"Yes. You heard right, L.Joe-ssi. Unnie has to go home at 2:00 since her parents set that curfew." HaeNa explained. "You'll learn more about her, if you guys start talking." 

I couldn't stand her explanations anymore! Why did she have to say that in fron of him? Does she even consider my feelings and how I feel about that curfew? Ugh! I'm losing my mind right now! 

"Lim HaeNa! Shut up!" I exclaimed. 

She was surprised. HaeNa was shocked that I screamed at her. The only time that I yelled at her was when we were in middle school. But at that time I just met her and I was seriously annoyed by her constant questions and talking.

HaeNa quickly stood up and left. 

Shoot. What did I do? 

Kang Eunbi, what have you done?