32

Baby U

EunBi POV

It's cruel. They're cruel; my parents I mean.

I can't explain how much I really miss L.Joe. I just can't stop thinking about him. 

Even though I talked to him yesterday, it still doesn't feel right. It was just over the phone.


As usual, I walked to school with HaeNa.

I can't believe that I have 5 tests today. Talk about stress overload.

"HaeNa,can you keep a secret?" I asked. 

"Of course, you can trust me EunBi." she confirmed.

"Alright. Honestly, I can't stand the distance anymore. I'm miserable without seeing L.Joe and lunch doesn't even cut it! GOD! I really need your help!" I poured out. "Even if we do talk on the phone, it still doesn't feel like we're talking in person." 

Silence filled the air. HaeNa was thinking of something to say.

Giving her a moment to think, she replies, "Hang in there EunBi. You'll get your chance" She walked ahead of me as nothing serious just happened. 

That's it? That's all you've got to say? 

Usually, HaeNa's the talkative one, trying to give you a bunch of advices.

But this time, it was a strange moment.

~~AFTER SCHOOL~~

HaeNa POV

"Hyejung unnie! We need to meet at the usual today. Our plan needs to take place today." I informed over the phone. 

"Alright. I'll get there as fast as I can. In the meantime, tell SoYoung immediately about the plan if I'm not there." she replied in a hurried fashion.

I left school right away, not thinking of leaving EunBi behind.

"UNNIE! UNNIE!" I shouted as I neared 3 blocks down to the shop.

Surprisingly unnie came out of the shop screaming in response, "WHO'S HURT?! I'VE GOT A FIRST AID KIT RIGHT IN MY HAND AND A KNIFE ON THE OTHER AND I AIN'T AFRAID TO USE IT!" 

Finally realizing it wasn't that big of an emergency, she invited me inside the shop to talk of my news.

"Sorry. There's not a lot to do at the shop and... got overwhelmed. Anyway, what's the news?" she started.

 "I can't bear to see EunBi miserable anymore. The faster the process, the faster she'll be happy. I really feel bad for her not able to date. If only I could take her place. We need the spark to come back." I addressed.

"You're right. But, sometimes I feel like maybe this relationship shouldn't work out. Maybe the universe is sending signals that they shouldn't be with each other anymore." she added.

"My sister deserves him just as much as your brother deserves my sister." 

"Oh you're here HyeJung! I didn't mean it in that way. I meant that there's too much going on with these kids that maybe they should just take a break for a while." SoYoung reassured.

"I know you mean well, but this experience will help EunBi to stand up to my parents once and for all. She needs to fight for what she wants. She can't keep letting my parents force her way into something she doesn't want." she replied.

"Um, sorry to interrupt but I'll go with HyeJung unnie with this. L.Joe's the only guy to break down her personality so easily. If he has that effect on her, she might be able to stand up to her parents too! So, I say we need to take that action into plan!" I convincingly stated.

"I see your point. I don't see what harm it can do can it? I mean, they really look like they're head over heels for each other. So what's the plan?"