15

Baby U

EunBi's POV

YAY! Today's my first day at L.Joe's shop! I'm really excited. 

Wait, wait? Why the heck am i so excited? Ahh! Probably because of how I'm gonna earn so much money after this. I just hope I do.

I went outside to wait for the bus. It took soo long, that I had to constantly look at my watch to check what time it was. I rode on the bus all the way to L.Joe's shop that was located in Maporo and it's a little bit far away from my house. It takes about an hour or 1 hour and 30 minutes depending on the traffic. Good thing that the bus goes straight from my house to a stop near L.Joe's shop.

I walked a few blocks from the stop to the shop. 

"SoYoung unnie? I'm here!" I announced.

I looked around, and surprisingly no one was there. So I guess I'm early. But why would the shop be open if they're not here yet?

"Eoh EunBi-ah! Is that you?" SoYoung unnie walked out from the bathroom. 

"Neh unnie. Did I arrive too early?" I asked. 

"No no! You're actually just in time. L.Joe's always late and this is the first time I've seen someone actually arriving right on time." she answered.

"By the way, where's L.Joe?" I asked.

"Oh, he's coming. Like I said, that boy loves to sleep in so I don't expect him to come at this hour." 

I nodded my head. Tsk. Stupid L.Joe. He already knows his noona is suffering from a lot of customers, but he still doesn't come to help? What a lazy bum.

"Mianhe noona!" a voice said, but by the sound of it, I knew who it was already.

"Byunghun!! What the heck are you doing here at this hour? You never, and I mean NEVER, come at this hour to my shop!" unnie said shockingly.

"I just thought I should help you around now that this monkey is around. Who knows what she would do to this place." L.Joe said cunningly. 

This ! Who does he think he is calling me monkey! 

"YAH! Do you remember what happened to JiYoung? I'll do the same if you don't stop calling me a monkey!" I retorted.

L.Joe did his stupid smirk and walked past me. Seriously, if this is what I see everyday, I'll really quit. 

"So, what should I do first SoYoung unnie?" I cheerfully asked. I'm ususally not like this. Since when did I become so happy helping? WTF?! 

"You can start bydoing inventory. Go at the back and count the stocks and see how many are left and how much we need to order according to its popularity. Don't worry, I've made a sheet for you to look at the item's popularity so you can just estimate how much we need to order." unnie explained. "I'm looking forward to your great job EunBi-ah!"

"Yes unnie! I'll do my best to do this job perfectly!" I said confidently. Although I kinda feel nervous and I don't really know how I'll handle it. 

"Byunghun, you can go help her since it's her first time." unnie suggested. I smiled towards her, but inside I didn't want him to. I can do this alone.

"I know what you're thinking EunBi, and trust me, I don't want to work with too anyways." L.Joe blurted as we were walking towards the storage room.

"Mwoh?! Who wouldn't want to work with the smartest person? You're lucky you're working with me." I bragged.

"Pffft. You think I should be thankful? I originally wanted to ditch this plan, but you insist on doing this, so I guess I might as well help out." he complained.

"Who said who? You told me to do this if I don't want my parents finding about my doing. You're so confusing. First you want me to suffer then the next time you hug me and then tell me to be okay. What's up with you double-personality?" I nagged.

He kept silent. Did I say something wrong?

L.Joe's POV

"You're so confusing. First you want me to suffer then the next time you hug me and then tell me to be okay. What's up with you double-personality?" she said.

I kept silent. This isn't the proper way to confess to her. Plus, we don't have that much moments yet. I'll decide when to confess, but this isn't the right moment.

"What are you talking about? I've never had a double-personality. It's just that I consider you as a friend, and I don't want a friend to get hurt. Is that bad?" I lied.

"Oh, I see. Well, that's good. You consider me as a friend. I've always wanted a new friend. Actuall I have two now! You and SoYoung noona." she said. "Truthfully, people just befriend me to get good grades and use me for my smartness. But I guess this is a good way to earn a new friend. Thanks Byunghun, I mean L.Joe." 

"oh? No problem. Glad I could be of help." I answered. Truthfully speaking, I don't want us to be friends anymore. I can't contain my feelings anymore for you. When can you see that EunBi?

~1 WEEK LATER~

EunBi's POV

Surprisingly, everything's been normal this past week. HaeNa and I have still been contacting, but I haven't told her about that time with JaeHwa oppa. I hope I get some time to tell her. 

I'm off to work today again. I heard from unnie that L.Joe regularly comes to the shop and work there now. I wonder why.. 

I've finally realized these weird feelings I get everytime. The blushing, the constand cheeriness. I think I've finally come to the conclusion that I like L.Joe.

It's weird. But Iike it. 

"Good morning SoYoung unnie!" I greeted. That's weird. She would usually be here to greet me. 

"Hey EunBi!" L.Joe greeted. I glared at him. 

"What? Not happy it's me? Were you expecting SoYoung noona?" he asked.

"Duh! I don't want to see your ugly face first thing in the morning." I joked.

Even if I like him, I still gotta keep it real. I don't even know if he likes me back, and I still treat him the same. No matter what I feel towards him.

"Yah! Who you calling ugly? I'm the most handsomest guy you'll ever see." he bragged.

"Yeah, the most insecure person says that now? Since when did you regain your confidence? When you met me right!?" I joked again.

"Real funny EunBi." he commented. "Anyway, noona is out right now so let's ditch. I hired another person anyway, so let's go somewhere." 

"Why not? Let's just go to the nearest cafe here. I've never been to a cafe here in Maporo." I said.

"Well, let's go to the most known here. Plus it's just a 2 minute walk. It's called Black Pearl." he suggested.

"Fine with me." 

We walked over there and ordered a coffee and an iced latte. Guess which one was mine? Correct! ICED LATTE!! Coffee is for noobs! Yea I'm talking to you Byunghun! 

"L.Joe you never really told me about how you got the shop." I said.

"Well, I guess you should know about my family background then." he started. "You see, I'm from a rich family. So, a lot of people befriend me for being rich. My family gave my little brother everything, instead of giving it to me because everyone should know that the inheritor should be the eldest. I got really mad and SoYoung noona was the only one who agreed with me. So, when noona got her first job, she told me that we should start anew and stop depending on these people. So, I guess we're runaways." 

My jaw dropped. "You're telling me you're rich?!" I asked. He nodded slowly.
"Well, that's cool. I don't really care if your're rich or not. As long as that doesn't interfere with our friendship then I don't care." I said.

He chuckled. "Well, how about you? You always get mad about everyone using you for your smarts, what's the deal with that?" he asked.

"Well, my parents want me to become a doctor like my sister. I've always idolized my sister for accomplishing things on her own. My parents were too proud of her so they kind of wanted me to be also successful. If I wasn't smart like unnie, I would've went against their wishes." I explained.

"Why don't you just tell them?" he responded.

"I did. Got beat up. So, it's better if I just stick with my 'destined' future." I chuckled. 

"You know, we sort of have a similar situation. If you think about it. We're always used by people because we have skills they don't have. I guess we're really special. Think of it that way EunBi, next time someone uses you or teases you. They're jealous because you're special." he complimented.

I blushed. That was actually sweet of him to say. 

"Well-"

*AYOO WADDUP KREASE AYOO WASSUUUUP* 

"Hello, HaeNa?" I answered.

"Yah! Let's hang out. I'm near Maporo today. I'll come by and visit okay? Bye!" she said.

I guess this is the time. Time to tell HaeNa the truth.

"Byunghun, let's go back ok? HaeNa said she'll be dropping by. And we kinda have to talk." I said.

"Sure, let's go." 

I'm sort of scared to reveal the truth, but it's for HaeNa's own good. She needs to know.


-------------
Hey guys!! I want to thank TaeSee from Elegance of a Dork Poster Shop! I love the poster, and it's been a while since I've updated guys. I'll be updating regularly; maybe!! ^^ but i hope you guys could continue to support my fanfic!!