31

Baby U

Hello gooys! Sorry for not updating so much. I feel like everytime I promise things I don't fulfill them. Ok this time Im not saying anything and try to update as much as I can alright? But, don't worry a great twist will come to you guys. :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EunBi's POV

Another awful day ahead for school. You know, I just noticed how much a person spends their lives studying and at the end they only work for a third of the time they studied. I wish I was some inanimate object so I can just be still. 

I entered the class. Typical day of glares and malicious stares. Eh. People. 

"Ok! Class hurry on to your seats! I'm taking attendance quickly. I have an important meeting to go to." Mr. Han announced.

"Kim Hyosung"

"HERE!"

"Lee SeoHyun"

"HERE"

"Kang EunBi Seo JungShin Lee JongSuk" 

" HERE "

" HERE " 

.......

"Alright!" Mr. Han said. "I guess there's no JongSuk today."

He carried on with the usual attendace but I didn't give a crap about it anymore as soon as he mentioned JongSuk wasn't here today

JongSuk-ssi NEVER misses class. I wonder where he went. 

From what I know, JongSuk-ssi told me that his studies are very important to him because there's someone he needs to surpass. 

I admire that about him. He's very focused on his studies. I wish I could be as determined as him. 

"Ok everyone! I want to know what we'll be doing for the cultural festival this upcoming month." Class rep. said.

"What's the theme for this year?" someone asked.

"As long as the whole class participates in it, any theme is fine." 

"OMO! I bet JongSuk-ssi would also participate! I wanna participate tooo!" three girls screamed.

"I need a volunteer to hand out these sheets according to the festival's schedule. Each class in the first year grade will be participating." 

I volunteered myself to go. I think it'd be fun to do a carnival type theme. Everyone can make their ideas and I think that would attract lots of costumers. 

As I passed by each desk, the girls would always smirk and glare at me. The guys would just ignore my presence. 

There's no end to this high school nightmare. 

I stopped at JongSuk-ssi's desk. I guess I'd have to take two sheets today so I can give it to him. 

I sat back on my desk to see that a note was stuck on the right hand corner of my desk.

How did I not even notice that? I'm spacing out too much.

"I will need everyone's ideas by the day after tomorrow! Have a good day and everyone may go to their first period'!" class rep announced.

It sure would be fun to co-operate this time. I have an idea that could be enjoyed by everyone. 

Maybe I'll try to pitch in my idea tomorrow.

I headed to first period, which was Chemistry.

We basically just learned all about the heating curve of matter and how things solidify and melt. 

Then off I went to second period, which was Math. An hour's worth of solving problems.

Lunch came, and I can finally read that note. 

'HEY EUNBI! WONDERING WHY I WASN'T IN CLASS? HMMMM. Come outside after you finish your lunch. I have something to show you at the garden! 

-JongSuk-ie'


I bursted out laughing! What is this? A cheesy letter? A love letter? I don't know if he was trying to be serious, but his childishness seriously came out.

I started eating my lunch hurriedly. 

"Slow down EunBi! You're gonna choke." Byunghun reminded.

"I'm good. I just need to catch up on things so I have to finish." I lied

Well since I think that they know each other, wouldn't Byunghun think something's up? I don't want things to get all complicated.

"YAH! Where are you going?" HaeNa interrupted.

"I just said that I'm going to finish up some projects. So I'll see you guys after school ok?" I said after finishing the last bite of my lunch.

I ran out since I had only a little bit of time. 15 minutes and the bell rings. I can't afford being late. 

"EunBi! You came?" he exclaimed

I chuckled. "How can I not when you stick a note on my desk telling me to come down here. Your letter had me laughing." 

"I'm glad you came. I got a surprise for you." he said.

"What is it?" 

"Well turn around and don't peek okay? Cuz you'll just spoil the surprise." he joked

I scoffed and turned around. 

What the hell is he planning? 

"You can turn around now." he suggested.

I turned around seeing him carrying a bunch of balloons with some chocolates. 

"EunBi, ever since I met you, I couldn't help this feeling. I've always admired your strong spirit and never caring about what other people say. Especially your determination at school-"

"Wait, what are you trying to say?" I interrupted, sounding scared of what he had to say.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is.. I love you EunBi." he confessed. 

I stood there with my mouth hung open. This can't be happening right now. 

"I.. I don't know what to say..." I stuttered.

I feel so bad. His confession is clearly sincere and I'm sorry but it's just one sided.

"I'm sorry JongSuk-ssi. I can't return those feelings. I have someone else that I love and I don't think that it'll change." I explained. "But I don't want you to think that this is something that'll ruin our friendship. I still want us to be friends, and I'm not just saying this. I really enjoy your company." I smiled.

He chuckled.

"I get it. Don't worry about it." he said, smiling. "But take these. It's for you anyways" 

He gave me the balloons and chocolates. After that, he left me standing there while he went back inside to continue the rest of the day. 

*DING DONG DING DONG*

Great. Just when I thought I couldn't be more late. 

I continued the rest of the day with a sad expression. I mean, who wouldn't feel like a jerk after rejecting someone.

I walked home alone, knowing that I can't be walking with L.Joe. 

Dad installed security cameras and checks it every night. I can't let L.Joe get in trouble. 

For now, I just have to call him on my phone. 

*** 

"EunBi!" Byunghun called.

"Hey! How was the rest of your day?" I answered, pretending to sound interested.

"Should I tell you for real or just lie about it and say it's boring?" he joked.

"What are you talking about?" I played along.

"If your tone's gonna be like that the whole conversation, then might as well just tell you it was boring right?" 

"YAH!" 

"Come on, just tell me what's bothering you." he insisted.

"Fine. But you have to promise me not to get mad alright? It wasn't my fault anyway." I warned.

"Mhmmm." 

"So, this lunch, I got a note from JongSuk-ssi that I had to meet him at the garden. So I did. But the next thing I knew, I was being confessed to." I explained clearly.

Byunghun was a little silent while mumbling something to himself. I couldn't make it out since he didn't say his words loud enough for me to hear.

"What was that?" I asked.

"JongSuk confessed huh?" he clicked his tongue. "I guess it can't be helped that my girlfriend is really popular and pretty nowadays." 

"Wait! So you're not mad?" I reassured.

"Nah. I'll let it go this time. But next time you lie to me, you'll be getting a punishment from Lee Byunghun." he said in a seducing tone.

What was he thinking there? KANG EUNBI! What are YOU thinking?!!

I blushed a little, good thing he didn't see me and this whole conversation was on the phone. 

"Hey, L.Joe?"

"Yea?"

"I really miss you. I know I don't get to say it often, but the only time we see each other is in school and that's at lunch time. We only have one class with each other, but we're just so busy we can't afford to even have fun..." I blurted out.

He laughed. "EunBi-ah, that's the first time I've really heard your inner feelings." 

"HEY! I just confessed! You should be saying something back!" I complained.

"Okay, okay." he said. "I feel the same way of course. I know that it's probably real hard for you to balance school and your love life right? And I guess what your parents want is for you to focus on school first. But don't worry. I'll always be here for you." 

"Thanks L.Joe, you made me want to see you even more!" I complained yet again.

He chuckled, "Listen, I think you should go first, your parents might think we're up to something."

"Right. I'll see you tomorrow alright?" 

"Good night EunBi."