Broken

Human Heart

Chapter 27

 

Kai parked his driven car as he gets in the front yard of the villa that Yram asks him to go to. As he went out, he saw another car and there beside it were luggages.

"Kai, what are you doing here? Did something happen to noona?" Kai just smiled on the guy who worriedly approach him upon seeing him.

"No Sehun. Nothing bad happen, well except for Chanyeol." he chuckles, yet stops when he saw the serious look of Sehun. He cleared his throat. "So, did you guys picks the stuffs she asked you to at her apartment?"

"Yes, we went there first. Wait. What are you doing here anyway?"

"She asks me to pick up something here"

"Why you? I mean, she already sent us here. She could have asks us." Sehun asks.

Kai doesn't want to spill the mission he has been told to do even if it's his life that at stake. Yram gave her trust for him to do this so he won't let her be disappointed.

"Well, she also told me to tell you that after you're done here, you two should go back at the hospital and let me take care of the rest here. She'll appreciate if you'll be there with her." Sehun's about to responds on Kai but cut out by the sudden appearance of his dear brother who's holding two more luggages.

"Is that so?" Both of them looks at the latter. Sehun quickly went towards his brother and helps him picks up the said luggages. "Thanks". Luhan said. "Looks like Yram knew that Chanyeol might kill you if she let you two be in one room." Both of them laughs at the thought.

"I guess you're right."

"Well then, we'll go ahead now. For sure Yram's getting bored of Chanyeol's presence. Here take this." Luhan tossed the house's key to Kai who caught it with ease. Seeing what his brother did just after he placed all the luggages inside their car, Sehun frowns.

"What are you doing? How can you just give him the key like that?"

"It's okay Sehun, if Yram trust him, we should too."

"But..." Sehun haven't finished his rants coz Luhan already drags him towards their car.

"We'll leave now Kai. See you soon." Luhan smiled while pushing his brother inside the passenger seat. Kai smiled while watching the siblings drove away from the house.

 

"Back to work." he said as tossed the key in the air and catching it eventually.

Kai placed the car key inside his hoodies' pocket then proceeds to the staircase leading to the two way front door of the house.

As he successfully inserted the key that Luhan gave him, he slowly turns the knob and pushed the door open, revealing the inside. There, the grand staircase greets him. As he walks inside, he saw every furniture covered by a white clothe.

"She'll miss this house." Kai stated, feeling the lonely atmosphere. Although he only stayed there for a short time, he already felt how that house was once a happy home for Yram.

As he head to the second floor, he's been met by the long hallway where there are rooms on each sides. Good thing he remembers what Yram has instructed to him.

"Once you reach the 2nd floor, go to the third room on the left side of the hallway." Kai walks towards that room. As he reach the said room, he turns the knob and got puzzled when it's not even lock. Hence, shaking the thought, he proceeds inside. Seeing the stuffs inside made him remember whose room was that. "It was my brother's room."

"Find the huge portrait of my brother and I somewhere in his room." Kai walks around the room and as soon as he opens up a seems like study room, he immediately saw the portrait Yram's referring to. He stared at the said photo and smiled at how the siblings have sincere smiles on their faces. But, as soon as he realizes who's the brother, he frowns.

 

"Suho? You?"

 

"Listen. Behind that portrait, there's a vault..."  Kai removes the said portrait and indeed, he saw a small vault. He entered the numbers that Yram has told him, succesfully opening it's small door. Upon opening, he saw a white envelope inside.

"This is it? Wait!" he took the envelope then frowns as he saw only one inside. "There's two envelopes inside" . "Where's the other one?"

---------------------

 

"The operation didn't pushed through" Kris said eyeing on the road.

"I know." Baekhyun said making his passenger stares on him frowning.

"Don't tell me you're involved on why it didn't happen" Kris said. But he got more puzzled when the latter laughs. Obviously, in a sarcastic way.

"Please. Don't make a funny joke again. I may not laugh at it this time. God knows how much I wanted you out of my sight." Baekhyun said facing the road seriously.

"Then, you must know something. Coz, all of a sudden, Samantha's husband got her attention making her forget about her brother's heart. I just don't know why."

Baekhyun smirks making Kris confused. "He knows something." he thought while staring at the latter.

"It's a family thing. You have nothing to do with it."

"And you do." hearing that, Baekhyun harshly turns the car on the left side making both of them swiftly move on their side.

"You're out of your mind." Kris simply said. Baekhyun immediately steps on the brake. Good thing there's no car behind or approaching.

Baekhyun faced Kris and grabs him on his collar with a growling face yet, Kris is still on his normal expression.

"Listen junk. This would be the last time I would let you interfere with Yram's life. Do you understand?" as he releases the lad...

"Yram? We're talking about Suho right? Why bringing Yram here?

 

--------------------

 

"Where is she?" Tao immediately asks upon entering Samantha's house. Worries are readable on his face.

"She's on her room now." Xiumin said upon stepping down from the last step of the staircase.

 "What happened?" When Samantha hungs up from him, Tao got really worried for her. He drives around the town, going to places he thought that his sister could be. But, she's not there. He was about to head to the last spot he knew she could be but stops when he receives a message that his sister has been brought home... unconscious.

"She's been driving around, not causious about her surroundings until they hit a baricade on the road."

"What!!!" Tao shouted in shock. He was about to rushed upstairs but been blocked by Xiumin making him glares at the lad.

"D.O is with her. If he's not, for sure she'll be in much danger right now." Tao could see the same worry he has for his sister in Xiumin. He wonders who Xiumin and D.O are. The only thing he knows is that, they are working for his sister. Aside from that, he knows nothing. He was about to ask what's on his mind when Xiumin spoke again.

"Don't worry about her. D.O's taking care of her. Now, there is someone who wants to talk to you. He's at the study room."

He was about to ask him who that person is but, Xiumin already walks back upstairs.

"Who could that be? Someone in the past?"

 

------------------------

"Yram's accident and your death were the reason for uncle to come back here." Myungsoo started the story. He was driving and beside him was Joon Myun who's listening intently to him while holding a white envelope with Joon Myun written on it. He asks his cousin what happened to his parents when he died.

"How about mom, did she came? " he asks, referring to the day of his burial. He saw Myungsoo sighed hard before he spoke again.

 

Myungsoo recalls the day he and his uncle talks...

 

"How could this be happening to my children? They didn't do anything wrong. They've been good to us. Why?"  Myungsoo doesn't know how to answer his grieving uncle. His daughter is in coma and his son is about to be buried any moment now. "and now, your auntie... she..."

 

Myungsoo felt his chest stings remembering how his uncle cried out loud that day.

 

"Myungsoo?" he snaps back to reality as he heard his cousin's worried voice.

"She didn't hyung. She can't come." he parks at the road side then stared at his hyung with tears streaming down his cheeks. Suho got worried on his cousin's expression. He felt he regrets asking about his mom for he felt it may cause him much more pain if he hears it. But he can't take it back now, coz what Myungsoo said made his world stops.

"She's dead hyung. She committed suicide."